Osceola Arts will close its 2018-19 Theatre Season with Disney’s Newsies, weekends July 12 through August 4.
This 1992 Disney film turned popular Broadway musical tells the invigorating tale of a band of young “newsies” and their charismatic leader, Jack Kelly.
Jack dreams of a better life far from the hardship of the streets and when Joseph Pulitzer and William Randolph Hearst raise distribution prices, Jack finds a cause to fight for and rallies his army of newsies to strike.
Inspired by the real-life Newsboys Strike of 1899, this show is packed with stellar dance numbers, uplifting anthems and a timeless message.
Osceola Arts Director Dominic Del Brocco leads a cast of nearly 30 actors through this high-energy show with music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Jack Feldman, and a book by Harvey Fierstein.
Headlined by Osceola Arts newcomers Anthony Callender as Jack and Amanda Breivogel as Katherine, this talented cast will inspire audiences to “Seize the Day”.
General admission tickets start at only $22, with Senior, student and group rates available.
Showtimes for Disney’s Newsies are 7:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays, 2pm on Sundays, and an additional 2pm matinee performance on Saturday, July 27th.
For additional information and to purchase show tickets visit OsceolaArts.org or call 407-846-6257.
The Osceola Arts Main and Lobby Galleries will also host a brand new art exhibit: “Extra! Extra! Newsies Fan Art Time” will be on display from July 12th through August 30th.
This exhibit is a collection of works by SPLAT. Students Pursuing Leadership in Arts and Technology (SPLAT) is a group of local creative youth living and making art and exhibits in public spaces throughout Central Florida.
A free artist reception will be held on Saturday, July 27th from 12pm-1:30pm. Osceola Arts exhibits are always free and open to the public.
- Dinosaur Invasion Returns to Orlando’s Leu Gardens Jan 18-April 18 .. #LeuGardens #Dinosaurs - January 18, 2021
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For January 15, 2021: Gideon’s Bakehouse, Portillo’s, Major’s Project Pop, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - January 15, 2021
- Grande Lakes Orlando to Host Inaugural “Curated Experiences” Event Jan 29-31, 2021 .. #GrandeLakesOrlando #JWMarriottOrlando #Staycation #RitzCarltonOrlando #LuxuryTravel - January 10, 2021
- Gatorland Offers $9.99 Florida Resident Deal For January .. #Gatorland #FLResident - January 8, 2021
- 2021 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Kicks Off Jan 8 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #Disney - January 6, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Partners With Subly For Increased Accessibility Online .. #OrlandoFringe #Subly #OrlandoArts - January 6, 2021
- New Local Haitian TV Station Debuts in Central Florida .. #AyitiTV #OrlandoTV - January 5, 2021
- Visit Orlando Hires New President & CEO .. #VisitOrlando #OrlandoTourism - January 5, 2021
- Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World for 2021 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ParkHopping - January 4, 2021
- Out and About: Lunch at Hawkers Asian Street Food in Windermere .. @EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #VisitOrlando - December 30, 2020