Osceola Arts will close its 2018-19 Theatre Season with Disney’s Newsies, weekends July 12 through August 4.
This 1992 Disney film turned popular Broadway musical tells the invigorating tale of a band of young “newsies” and their charismatic leader, Jack Kelly.
Jack dreams of a better life far from the hardship of the streets and when Joseph Pulitzer and William Randolph Hearst raise distribution prices, Jack finds a cause to fight for and rallies his army of newsies to strike.
Inspired by the real-life Newsboys Strike of 1899, this show is packed with stellar dance numbers, uplifting anthems and a timeless message.
Osceola Arts Director Dominic Del Brocco leads a cast of nearly 30 actors through this high-energy show with music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Jack Feldman, and a book by Harvey Fierstein.
Headlined by Osceola Arts newcomers Anthony Callender as Jack and Amanda Breivogel as Katherine, this talented cast will inspire audiences to “Seize the Day”.
General admission tickets start at only $22, with Senior, student and group rates available.
Showtimes for Disney’s Newsies are 7:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays, 2pm on Sundays, and an additional 2pm matinee performance on Saturday, July 27th.
For additional information and to purchase show tickets visit OsceolaArts.org or call 407-846-6257.
The Osceola Arts Main and Lobby Galleries will also host a brand new art exhibit: “Extra! Extra! Newsies Fan Art Time” will be on display from July 12th through August 30th.
This exhibit is a collection of works by SPLAT. Students Pursuing Leadership in Arts and Technology (SPLAT) is a group of local creative youth living and making art and exhibits in public spaces throughout Central Florida.
A free artist reception will be held on Saturday, July 27th from 12pm-1:30pm. Osceola Arts exhibits are always free and open to the public.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020