Osceola Arts will close its 2018-19 Theatre Season with Disney’s Newsies, weekends July 12 through August 4.
This 1992 Disney film turned popular Broadway musical tells the invigorating tale of a band of young “newsies” and their charismatic leader, Jack Kelly.
Jack dreams of a better life far from the hardship of the streets and when Joseph Pulitzer and William Randolph Hearst raise distribution prices, Jack finds a cause to fight for and rallies his army of newsies to strike.
Inspired by the real-life Newsboys Strike of 1899, this show is packed with stellar dance numbers, uplifting anthems and a timeless message.
Osceola Arts Director Dominic Del Brocco leads a cast of nearly 30 actors through this high-energy show with music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Jack Feldman, and a book by Harvey Fierstein.
Headlined by Osceola Arts newcomers Anthony Callender as Jack and Amanda Breivogel as Katherine, this talented cast will inspire audiences to “Seize the Day”.
General admission tickets start at only $22, with Senior, student and group rates available.
Showtimes for Disney’s Newsies are 7:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays, 2pm on Sundays, and an additional 2pm matinee performance on Saturday, July 27th.
For additional information and to purchase show tickets visit OsceolaArts.org or call 407-846-6257.
The Osceola Arts Main and Lobby Galleries will also host a brand new art exhibit: “Extra! Extra! Newsies Fan Art Time” will be on display from July 12th through August 30th.
This exhibit is a collection of works by SPLAT. Students Pursuing Leadership in Arts and Technology (SPLAT) is a group of local creative youth living and making art and exhibits in public spaces throughout Central Florida.
A free artist reception will be held on Saturday, July 27th from 12pm-1:30pm. Osceola Arts exhibits are always free and open to the public.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Halloween 2020 In Central Florida .. #OrlandoHalloween #LoveOrlando - October 23, 2020
- Plaza Live Launches Outdoor ‘Front Porch Concerts’ Series .. #OrlandoArts #PlazaLiveOrlando - October 22, 2020
- Out and About: Burger World Tour Dining at Teak Neighborhood Grill .. #OrlandoRestaurants #DiningReview @TeakOrlando - October 21, 2020
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020