There’s a lot of foodie and dining news happening around Central Florida right now. From openings to closings to special menus, here is the news you need to know this week:
For a limited time, Ocean Prime Orlando is offering half-priced oysters granita and Schramsberg wines, available during Saturday Happy Hour from 5-7pm.
During the Happy Hour, guests can enjoy oyster granita (6 count) for $12, along with the two perfect drink pairings of Schramsberg Blanc and Rosé, which are half off for both glasses and bottles.
The summer special is in addition to Ocean Prime’s traditional happy hour every day from 5-7pm in the lounge, featuring wine, beer and cocktails features and $5 off all sushi and small plates, including sea bass ceviche, lamb lollipops, raw bar selections, and more.
Boxi Park in Lake Nona is hosting another pop-up with the famous Japanese Mochi Donuts, Dochi. Through Sunday, July 28, you can get them for $2.50 a donut or $13 for a half-dozen.
Last time they had these, there were lines, so get there early if you want one (or six).
Now through August 31st, Tijuana Flats is offering guests, for the first time ever, a chance to win free tacos for a year during its summer scratch-off promotion.
When placing their order, all guests 18 and older will receive a scratch-off game piece which contains a guaranteed prize, as well as a chance to win the year-long taco giveaway. Guests must wait until their next visit to scratch off the game piece and redeem their prize, plus all scratch-off tickets must be scratched off in the presence of a Tijuana Flats manager or cashier in order to be valid.
For official rules, or your nearest Tijuana Flats location, visit TijuanaFlats.com.
Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse on I-Drive will host the Icon Wine Dinner on August 1st. Featuring wines from Cade, Odette and Plumpjack, the four course dinner will feature dishes including Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops, Grilled Australian Lamb Loin, Duck Confit Meatballs, and hickory-smoked sea-salt-rubbed roasted NY prime strip steak.
Cost is $195 per person, and reservations can be made at DelFriscos.com.
The Edison at Disney Springs has launched a late-night menu with items as low as $5 including The Edison’s classic Clothesline Bacon, the Bacon Cheeseburger, and Philly Cheesesteak.
The menu of food and drink specials is offered Sunday-Thursday from 10pm until 1am at the bar and on the patio.
World Food Championships’ Competitor Amy Freeze will be at Walmart Store #6149 (13801 Landstar Blvd, Orlando, 32824) hosting an interactive cooking demonstration for consumers to give them tips on how to create competition-grade dishes at home. There will also be free samples. She’ll be there from noon to 4:30pm on August 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2019.
Amy is a Florida local, currently teaches high school English in Avon Park and runs the food-centric blog, “Gourmet Everyday,” with her husband.
American Social Bar and Kitchen is coming soon to Dr. Phillips. Featuring gastropub Americana lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch, the restaurant and sports lounge will be located in the Rialto Plaza on W. Sand Lake Rd. Visit americansocialbar.com for an advance peek of the menus and more.
Mr. and Mrs. Crab Juicy Seafood & Bar will be opening soon at the intersection of Kirkman and L.B. McLeod in the MetroWest area. Mr. and Mrs. Crab offers a diverse range of juicy seafood, including shrimp, oysters, blue crab, snow crab, crawfish, clams, mussels, Dungeness crab, and lobster. They have three other Florida locations and you can find them at mrandmrscrabkirkman.com.
Dexter’s has shuttered its Windermere location at The Grove. The Thorton Park, Winter Park, and Lake Mary locations are still open.
That’s it for this week. If you have news for us to share, drop it in comments, or send it to us via the contact form.
- Walt Disney World Lays Off Over 700 Entertainers and How You Can Help - October 29, 2020
- Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights Offers 2021 Sneak Peek with Greg Nicotero .. #HalloweenHorrorNights #HHN2021 - October 28, 2020
- Dr Phillips Center to Host Six-Month Outdoor ‘Front Yard Festival’ in Downtown Orlando .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoArts #FrontYardFestival - October 27, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Halloween 2020 In Central Florida .. #OrlandoHalloween #LoveOrlando - October 23, 2020
- Plaza Live Launches Outdoor ‘Front Porch Concerts’ Series .. #OrlandoArts #PlazaLiveOrlando - October 22, 2020
- Out and About: Burger World Tour Dining at Teak Neighborhood Grill .. #OrlandoRestaurants #DiningReview @TeakOrlando - October 21, 2020
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020