Dining, shopping, and entertainment venue Pointe Orlando has announced that it will be undergoing a “transformative redevelopment” starting this fall.
Property owner Brixmor Property Group will invest $32 million in the 12-month redevelopment which is designed to improve connectivity throughout the center, create gathering places, and more.
Pointe Orlando’s redevelopment plans include constructing a new 100-foot passageway, known as The Link, through the center of the project improving first-floor connectivity from the Blue Martini valet entrance on International Drive to Main Event Entertainment.
The Link will feature lit ceilings, artistic floor patterns, and more captivating retail storefronts. Underutilized service corridors, retail and office space will be reconfigured to create The Link.
An escalator will be added near The Link entrance to further enhances access to restaurants, Regal Cinemas, Improv Comedy Club and nightlife options on the second level.
The two valet areas along International Drive will be upgraded with an elegant valet canopy, featuring a glass overhang, column up lighting and signage, where guests can wait under cover for their vehicles.
These areas will also be reconfigured for increased vehicular capacity to accommodate demand for this service. If you’ve ever tried to valet on the weekend, you know this is very much needed.
Adjacent to the Capital Grille valet area, a new gathering space will be created in the courtyard by replacing an existing pond with colorful seating, playful shade structures, and new upscale lighting.
The overall project will include more façade and dramatic lighting in lieu of standard functional lighting, new directional signage, upgraded landscaping, environmental graphics, and site amenities. Plus, he red brick paver walkways will be replaced with swirled patterns of durable colored concrete paving, creating a more walkable surface for guests.
Construction is scheduled to begin in September with completion expected Summer 2020.
The center will remain open for business during the redevelopment with construction activity staged around the convention calendar in order to minimize disruption and ensure access for the center’s guests and tenants.
The complex has already added 70,000 square feet in the past two years, including new businesses like Main Event Entertainment, Hopdoddy Burger Bar and Lotus Asia House.
[artist renderings courtesy Pointe Orlando; designs subject to change]
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021