Dining, shopping, and entertainment venue Pointe Orlando has announced that it will be undergoing a “transformative redevelopment” starting this fall.
Property owner Brixmor Property Group will invest $32 million in the 12-month redevelopment which is designed to improve connectivity throughout the center, create gathering places, and more.
Pointe Orlando’s redevelopment plans include constructing a new 100-foot passageway, known as The Link, through the center of the project improving first-floor connectivity from the Blue Martini valet entrance on International Drive to Main Event Entertainment.
The Link will feature lit ceilings, artistic floor patterns, and more captivating retail storefronts. Underutilized service corridors, retail and office space will be reconfigured to create The Link.
An escalator will be added near The Link entrance to further enhances access to restaurants, Regal Cinemas, Improv Comedy Club and nightlife options on the second level.
The two valet areas along International Drive will be upgraded with an elegant valet canopy, featuring a glass overhang, column up lighting and signage, where guests can wait under cover for their vehicles.
These areas will also be reconfigured for increased vehicular capacity to accommodate demand for this service. If you’ve ever tried to valet on the weekend, you know this is very much needed.
Adjacent to the Capital Grille valet area, a new gathering space will be created in the courtyard by replacing an existing pond with colorful seating, playful shade structures, and new upscale lighting.
The overall project will include more façade and dramatic lighting in lieu of standard functional lighting, new directional signage, upgraded landscaping, environmental graphics, and site amenities. Plus, he red brick paver walkways will be replaced with swirled patterns of durable colored concrete paving, creating a more walkable surface for guests.
Construction is scheduled to begin in September with completion expected Summer 2020.
The center will remain open for business during the redevelopment with construction activity staged around the convention calendar in order to minimize disruption and ensure access for the center’s guests and tenants.
The complex has already added 70,000 square feet in the past two years, including new businesses like Main Event Entertainment, Hopdoddy Burger Bar and Lotus Asia House.
[artist renderings courtesy Pointe Orlando; designs subject to change]
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019