Dining, shopping, and entertainment venue Pointe Orlando has announced that it will be undergoing a “transformative redevelopment” starting this fall.
Property owner Brixmor Property Group will invest $32 million in the 12-month redevelopment which is designed to improve connectivity throughout the center, create gathering places, and more.
Pointe Orlando’s redevelopment plans include constructing a new 100-foot passageway, known as The Link, through the center of the project improving first-floor connectivity from the Blue Martini valet entrance on International Drive to Main Event Entertainment.
The Link will feature lit ceilings, artistic floor patterns, and more captivating retail storefronts. Underutilized service corridors, retail and office space will be reconfigured to create The Link.
An escalator will be added near The Link entrance to further enhances access to restaurants, Regal Cinemas, Improv Comedy Club and nightlife options on the second level.
The two valet areas along International Drive will be upgraded with an elegant valet canopy, featuring a glass overhang, column up lighting and signage, where guests can wait under cover for their vehicles.
These areas will also be reconfigured for increased vehicular capacity to accommodate demand for this service. If you’ve ever tried to valet on the weekend, you know this is very much needed.
Adjacent to the Capital Grille valet area, a new gathering space will be created in the courtyard by replacing an existing pond with colorful seating, playful shade structures, and new upscale lighting.
The overall project will include more façade and dramatic lighting in lieu of standard functional lighting, new directional signage, upgraded landscaping, environmental graphics, and site amenities. Plus, he red brick paver walkways will be replaced with swirled patterns of durable colored concrete paving, creating a more walkable surface for guests.
Construction is scheduled to begin in September with completion expected Summer 2020.
The center will remain open for business during the redevelopment with construction activity staged around the convention calendar in order to minimize disruption and ensure access for the center’s guests and tenants.
The complex has already added 70,000 square feet in the past two years, including new businesses like Main Event Entertainment, Hopdoddy Burger Bar and Lotus Asia House.
[artist renderings courtesy Pointe Orlando; designs subject to change]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2021 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 13, 2021
- Swamp Sistas Hold Summer Hope for Kids Fundraiser June 12-17, 2021 .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow - June 12, 2021
- Out and About: Foxtail Coffee Pairs with Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Ravenous Pig Brewing for New Winter Park Location .. @FoxtailCoffee @KellysHMIC @RavenousPig #OrlandoCoffee #OrlandoIceCream #CentralFLBreweries - June 11, 2021
- Creative City Project Announces 2021-2022 Season of Events in Orlando .. @Creative_Proj #CreativeCityProject #OrlandoArts - June 11, 2021
- Five-Year Pulse Remembrance Week Events for 2021 .. #Pulse5YearsLater #RememberPulse - June 5, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Howl-O-Scream Halloween Event Coming to Park for First Time .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HowlOScream #OrlandoHalloween - June 4, 2021
- LEGO NINJAGO Days Return to LEGOLAND Florida in June .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #LEGONINJAGO - June 4, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 4, 2021 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 3, 2021
- Walt Disney World Reveals Details About Disney After Hours Boo Bash .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyAfterHours #BooBash #OrlandoHalloween - June 3, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Announces 2021 Award Winners and Details on DigiFringe Starting June 4 .. @OrlandoFringe #OrlandoFringe #DigiFringe #OrlandoArts - June 2, 2021