Clermont’s City Council unanimously approved Olympus – an innovative 243-acre master planned community combining sports, wellness, entertainment and residential development – at a May council meeting.
The Olympus project is spearheading the Wellness Way Area, a growth and innovation corridor consisting of 15,000+ acres in close proximity to Orange County’s Horizon West and the western entrance of Walt Disney World.
Crafted by some of the most respected planners and engineers in Florida, the Olympus master plan comprises a synergistic array of development zones, including:
- Multi-sport competition and training venues for collegiate, professional and elite athletes; featuring sports celebrities, legendary coaches and global sports brands/properties
- Leading-edge wellness, fitness and sports medicine facilities for athletes, individuals, families, businesses and the local community; featuring public fitness trails, a state-of-the-art fitness and health club, healthy living/destination spa, and renowned orthopedic doctors/groups
- World-class hospitality, dining, shopping and office/conference venues for visitors, businesses and residents; featuring premier restaurant brands, unique retail brands, leading hotel/resort brands and more
“Clermont is very fortunate to have been chosen as the location for Olympus,” Clermont Mayor Gail Ash said in a press release. “We are thankful that they saw how special our city is, and they’ll make it even more special.”
Plans going forward include it breaking ground within the month and a build-out expected in 2025/2026. About $25 million in road networks will be constructed to accommodate the project.
The Olympus development is estimated to create over 5,000 jobs and generate over $1.4 billion in local economic impact during a 10-year period.
- Discovery Cove Orlando Offers Florida Residents 30% Savings for a Limited Time @DiscoveryCove - June 23, 2019
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!’ Returns to #Epcot For Summer Fun and Eats #Disney #Marvel - June 22, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises Prices for Annual Passes Ahead of ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ Opening - June 18, 2019
- Iration to Bring ‘Live From Paradise!’ Tour to Central Florida for Two Shows July 2019 @Iration - June 17, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Toy Story Drop!’ Summer Pop-Up Experience Opens at #Disney Springs - June 16, 2019
- Pointe Orlando Announces Upcoming ‘Tranformative Redevelopment’ @PointeOrlando - June 15, 2019
- Disney Springs Offers ‘Flavors of Florida’ Promotion This Summer @DisneySprings #DisneyDining - June 14, 2019
- Sonny’s BBQ Launches Limited Time Smoke & Fire Menu for Summer @SonnysBBQ - June 11, 2019
- The Fortress at Full Sail University Hosts NBA 2K League Presents THE TICKET June 13-15 @NBA2KLeague @FullSail - June 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2019 #FathersDay - June 9, 2019