Clermont’s City Council unanimously approved Olympus – an innovative 243-acre master planned community combining sports, wellness, entertainment and residential development – at a May council meeting.
The Olympus project is spearheading the Wellness Way Area, a growth and innovation corridor consisting of 15,000+ acres in close proximity to Orange County’s Horizon West and the western entrance of Walt Disney World.
Crafted by some of the most respected planners and engineers in Florida, the Olympus master plan comprises a synergistic array of development zones, including:
- Multi-sport competition and training venues for collegiate, professional and elite athletes; featuring sports celebrities, legendary coaches and global sports brands/properties
- Leading-edge wellness, fitness and sports medicine facilities for athletes, individuals, families, businesses and the local community; featuring public fitness trails, a state-of-the-art fitness and health club, healthy living/destination spa, and renowned orthopedic doctors/groups
- World-class hospitality, dining, shopping and office/conference venues for visitors, businesses and residents; featuring premier restaurant brands, unique retail brands, leading hotel/resort brands and more
“Clermont is very fortunate to have been chosen as the location for Olympus,” Clermont Mayor Gail Ash said in a press release. “We are thankful that they saw how special our city is, and they’ll make it even more special.”
Plans going forward include it breaking ground within the month and a build-out expected in 2025/2026. About $25 million in road networks will be constructed to accommodate the project.
The Olympus development is estimated to create over 5,000 jobs and generate over $1.4 billion in local economic impact during a 10-year period.
- Walt Disney World To Cut Theme Park Hours Starting in September .. #WaltDisneyWorld - August 11, 2020
- Enchanted Fairy Doors Returns to Harry P. Leu Gardens … #LeuGardens #FairyDoors - August 10, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020