This summer, Star-Lord, Gamora, and all of their Xandarian friends will return to Epcot to rock out in Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!
After saving their world from certain destruction, Peter Quill—also known as Star-Lord—brokered a deal with Nova Prime and the Xandarian government to bring an outreach program to his home planet. The purpose? To share Xandar’s rich heritage and culture with Earth’s people.
As luck would have it, Peter informed Xandar’s leaders that there’s already a place on Earth with a similar mission… a theme park called Epcot, where all of Earth’s cultures are celebrated. So, as part of their outreach, Xandar sent some of their most talented musicians to perform the human audiences’ best-loved hits.
With Star-Lord’s Awesome Mix cassette tapes on hand, the Guardians and the Xandarian band will rock out to classic 70s and 80s hits at 1:30, 2:30, 3:45, 6:45, and 8pm at America Gardens Theatre. Catch the show through August 18th.
This year, there are some themed treats to enjoy at the American Pavilion, too.
At Liberty Inn you can grab a Space Sandwich or an Awesome Mix Plate. The Space Sandwich features barbecue pulled pork topped with crispy onions and served on a Kaiser bun with french fries, while the Awesome Mix Plate includes french fries topped with barbecue pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, bacon, and lettuce
For something on the sweeter side, the Cosmic Cake is just the thing. This chocolate cake is filled with vanilla buttercream and space sprinkles. Or try a Rocket Fuel – a frozen Coca-Cola slushy with grenadine.
Over at Fife & Drum, try one of the new stellar beverages. The Awesome Mix Slushy is a frozen blue raspberry, strawberry, and lemonade slushy and it’s served with a fun glow cube. Or enjoy the I Am Root float, featuring Barq’s Root Beer with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and mint leaves. There’s also the Destroyer Punch with orange, pineapple, and lime juices and grenadine. Adults can even enjoy an alcoholic version, Galaxy Juice, which includes cherry bourbon.
Partner one of these with the Mix Tart strawberry-filled shortbread cookie that’s shaped like Quill’s beloved cassette tape.
Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live! is included with Epcot admission.
[images courtesy Walt Disney World]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2021 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 13, 2021
- Swamp Sistas Hold Summer Hope for Kids Fundraiser June 12-17, 2021 .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow - June 12, 2021
- Out and About: Foxtail Coffee Pairs with Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Ravenous Pig Brewing for New Winter Park Location .. @FoxtailCoffee @KellysHMIC @RavenousPig #OrlandoCoffee #OrlandoIceCream #CentralFLBreweries - June 11, 2021
- Creative City Project Announces 2021-2022 Season of Events in Orlando .. @Creative_Proj #CreativeCityProject #OrlandoArts - June 11, 2021
- Five-Year Pulse Remembrance Week Events for 2021 .. #Pulse5YearsLater #RememberPulse - June 5, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Howl-O-Scream Halloween Event Coming to Park for First Time .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HowlOScream #OrlandoHalloween - June 4, 2021
- LEGO NINJAGO Days Return to LEGOLAND Florida in June .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #LEGONINJAGO - June 4, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 4, 2021 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 3, 2021
- Walt Disney World Reveals Details About Disney After Hours Boo Bash .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyAfterHours #BooBash #OrlandoHalloween - June 3, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Announces 2021 Award Winners and Details on DigiFringe Starting June 4 .. @OrlandoFringe #OrlandoFringe #DigiFringe #OrlandoArts - June 2, 2021