This summer, Star-Lord, Gamora, and all of their Xandarian friends will return to Epcot to rock out in Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!
After saving their world from certain destruction, Peter Quill—also known as Star-Lord—brokered a deal with Nova Prime and the Xandarian government to bring an outreach program to his home planet. The purpose? To share Xandar’s rich heritage and culture with Earth’s people.
As luck would have it, Peter informed Xandar’s leaders that there’s already a place on Earth with a similar mission… a theme park called Epcot, where all of Earth’s cultures are celebrated. So, as part of their outreach, Xandar sent some of their most talented musicians to perform the human audiences’ best-loved hits.
With Star-Lord’s Awesome Mix cassette tapes on hand, the Guardians and the Xandarian band will rock out to classic 70s and 80s hits at 1:30, 2:30, 3:45, 6:45, and 8pm at America Gardens Theatre. Catch the show through August 18th.
This year, there are some themed treats to enjoy at the American Pavilion, too.
At Liberty Inn you can grab a Space Sandwich or an Awesome Mix Plate. The Space Sandwich features barbecue pulled pork topped with crispy onions and served on a Kaiser bun with french fries, while the Awesome Mix Plate includes french fries topped with barbecue pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, bacon, and lettuce
For something on the sweeter side, the Cosmic Cake is just the thing. This chocolate cake is filled with vanilla buttercream and space sprinkles. Or try a Rocket Fuel – a frozen Coca-Cola slushy with grenadine.
Over at Fife & Drum, try one of the new stellar beverages. The Awesome Mix Slushy is a frozen blue raspberry, strawberry, and lemonade slushy and it’s served with a fun glow cube. Or enjoy the I Am Root float, featuring Barq’s Root Beer with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and mint leaves. There’s also the Destroyer Punch with orange, pineapple, and lime juices and grenadine. Adults can even enjoy an alcoholic version, Galaxy Juice, which includes cherry bourbon.
Partner one of these with the Mix Tart strawberry-filled shortbread cookie that’s shaped like Quill’s beloved cassette tape.
Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live! is included with Epcot admission.
[images courtesy Walt Disney World]
- Nickelodeon’s JoJo Siwa brings D.R.E.A.M. The Tour to AMALIE Arena in Tampa May 2020 .. @AMALIEArena @Nickelodeon #JoJoDREAMTour - November 20, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019