Forget Shark Week. Wild Florida will hold its annual Gator Week May 6-11, 2019, and best of all, admission is free to its Gator and Wildlife Park during that week.
Even though many view alligators as fierce carnivores always on the hunt, that’s not actually the case.
To help dispel the myths, Wild Florida decided to dedicate an entire week to educating and debunking many common misunderstandings surrounding these reptiles through live demonstrations and interactive experiences.
Here is what is scheduled for Gator Week 2019:
Monday, May 6 – Gator Smash Demo
- See the power of an alligator’s and crocodile’s bite and time their reflexes through a bite demonstration with fruits and vegetables.
- Later that day, Wild Florida will host its first ever “gator water polo” game in the Gator Pond.
Tuesday, May 7 – Best Gator Call and “Clock-the-Croc” Competition
- Join other guests at 12pm in the Exotic Animal Pavilion to compete (or watch) Wild Florida’s 2nd Annual Gator Call competition. Not only will the winner take home bragging rights for being the best gator caller but they will also take home a special prize from one of our sponsors!
- Stick around as they’ll also hold their first ever “Clock-the-Croc” race, where they’ll measure one of their crocodile’s speed in and out of water.
Wednesday, May 8 – Bite Force Comparison
- You might know that alligators have a strong bite. But just how strong is it?Join other guests at Gator Feeding Show pavilion as Wild Florida will measure the bite force of a snapping turtle, freshwater crocodile, alligator, and caiman.
- After the bite force test, stop by the Chomp House Grill as the Wild Florida team tries to break the world record for longest gator po’ boy!
Thursday, May 9 – Gator Jumpathon
- People often think alligators can only hunt for food that happens to go for a swim, but their powerful tails can help propel half of their body out of the air. Join other guests at the Gator Pond at 11:30am and 3pm to see just how high alligators can jump!
- After each Gator Jumpathon, they’ll then give guests the opportunity to jump like a gator themselves and participate in the first-ever “Gator Jump Competition.”
- In between all the gator-themed activities for the day, there will also be bounce houses available for kids to enjoy!
Friday, May 10 – ‘Gator Night Life’
- Everyone might be used to seeing alligators during the day, but what about at night? Wild Florida will stay open after dark and do a special gator feeding show with their biggest alligator, Crusher.
- They’ll also host another Wild Paint Night Out with their albino alligators, Snowflake and Blizzard. Along with painting these albino beauties, guests can also enjoy a delicious buffet dinner.
- Plus, for one night only, they’ll also be offering discounted night airboat tours to give everyone a unique experience of seeing how wild the swamp is in the moonlight.
Saturday, May 11 – “Gator Slush Rush”
- Capping off another year of Gator Week, there will be a Gator Week Corn Hole and Gator Slushy Drinking Competition, where the winner from each competition will win a special prize.
Wild Florida is located at 3301 Lake Cypress Rd, Kenansville, FL 34739, just south of Kissimmee via the Turnpike. Hours are 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday; closed on Sunday.
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020
- Enzian Theater Now Offers On Demand Streaming of Indie Movies .. @EnzianTheater @bacuraufilme @TheBandFilm @TheWhistlers #saintfrances - March 29, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020
- Where to Find Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery in the Orlando Area .. #SupportLocalRestaurants #GoodToGoOrlando #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - March 28, 2020
- Crayola Experience Orlando Launches Search for “Kid CEO for the Day” .. @VisitCrayolaORL @VisitCrayola - March 27, 2020
- MEGACON™ Orlando Has Been Postponed to June 4-7, 2020 .. @MegaConOrlando #MegaConOrlando - March 24, 2020
- FAIRWINDS Broadway In Orlando Shows ‘Miss Saigon’ and ‘A Bronx Tale’ at Dr. Phillips Center Have Been Cancelled .. @DrPhillipsCtr @MissSaigonUS @ABronxTaleTour #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - March 23, 2020