Universal Orlando has revealed some of the creatures you’ll find when riding Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Ride, including one never before seen in the films.
Here is the lowdown on the Magical Creatures in the ride’s name:
Known as the “Blast-Ended Skrewt,” this unique creature will be one of the most life-like animated figures Universal Orlando has ever created and was brought to life for the first time ever for this new adventure.
Blast-Ended Skrewts were first introduced in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and were also mentioned in Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Described as a cross between a giant scorpion and an elongated crab, this creature was created by Hagrid – one of the most beloved characters in the Harry Potter films and the guide of this new experience.
During their journey, guests will come face-to-face (or face-to-rear) for the first time ever with the “Blast-Ended Skrewt” and its dangerous ‘blasting end.’
Here’s some fast facts about what you can expect from this rare magical creature:
- Fire ignites from its ‘blasting-end’ – so be cautious
- Measures eight ft. long, features a ten-foot tall tail with a massive stinger and weighs more than 6,000 pounds
- Produces a very powerful and signature odor created specifically for this distinctive creature
A Centaur is a magical creature with a human head, torso and arms, joined to a horse’s body. They are, however, their own species and should be treated with great respect.
Centaurs made their first appearance in the films during Harry Potter’s detention in the Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
Hagrid is friendly with the Centaur herds as he regularly enters the Forbidden Forest to help injured creatures.
And according to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, these forest-dwelling beings usually live in herds of between 10 and 50 and are well-versed in magical healing, divination, archery and astronomy
As you make your way into the dark forest on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, look out for this mysterious archer in the distance ready to strike. He stands at 8 ft. tall, so he should be easy to spot…right?
Cornish pixies are electric blue tricksters who love to create mischief – often at the expense of others.
These mischievous creatures fly, and have also been known to seize unwary humans by the ears and deposit them at the tops of tall trees and buildings (poor Neville Longbottom).
Cornish pixies made their first film appearance in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets during Gilderoy Lockhart’s Defense Against the Dark Arts class
In Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, you’ll see these troublesome creatures wreaking havoc on an infamous blue car… and in places you may not expect.
They’re about 13 inches tall and you’ll find more than 20 pixies throughout your adventure.
Devil’s Snare isn’t a creature, but this perilous plant from the Wizarding World is one of the many challenges you’ll face on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure.
Devil’s Snare made its first film appearance in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone when the brave Hermione told her friends how to defeat this dangerous force.
Devil’s Snare flourishes in damp, dark environments, is known for strangling people who touch it with its dexterous vines, and it has a strong dislike of light and fire – remember that for your journey!
Speaking of your journey, you may even find yourself entangled in a thicket of this dangerous plant but remember to remain calm! If you don’t, you may end up entangled in hundreds of its vines…
FLUFFY, THE THREE-HEADED DOG
In Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, you’ll confront this gigantic, beloved creature deep in the Forbidden Forest.
Fluffy is a giant three-headed dog that’s known for being the trusted guard dog of the Sorcerer’s Stone.
Fluffy made his first and only appearance in the film, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, and he belongs to Hagrid, who adopted him from a “Greek chappie” he met in a pub.
Plus, as many of you know, Fluffy has a weakness – he falls asleep to the sound of music.
Proceed with caution though – he’s a guard dog first and foremost, and in this new adventure, Fluffy weighs 8,000 Ibs.
These aren’t the only creatures you may encounter on your journey with Hagrid:
- You may hear some Thestrals near the carriages
- Look out for sculptures of various magical creatures living in the black lake, including Merpeople (mysterious underwater-dwelling beasts) and Grindylows (horned, pale-green water demons)
- Keep your ears tuned for the voices of gnomes– they’re known to scurry about the grounds
When it opens on June 13, 2019, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will join the lineup of award-winning entertainment experiences in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando and bring an all-new adventure inspired by J.K. Rowling’s beloved stories to life.
Guests will join Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class and fly deep into the Forbidden Forest aboard magical motorbikes to brave the mysteries and thrills beyond the grounds of Hogwarts castle to find some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures.
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will be located in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
For more information on this new experience, visit UniversalOrlando.com.
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019