Following his widely praised recent back-to-back weekend performances on the main stage at Coachella, reggaeton’s leading global ambassador J Balvin (José Álvaro Osorio Balvin) announced his highly-anticipated Arcoiris North American Tour would make a stop in Orlando at the Amway Center on September 12, 2019.
Declared as Reggaeton’s Global Ambassador by The New York Times, Balvin is now one of the top streaming music artists in the world, regardless of language, and has developed a legion of fans represented by over 60 million social media followers.
Born in Medellín, Colombia, Balvin developed a distinctive musical style all his own that pays reverence to the first-wave of Puerto Rican reggaeton stars, while fusing wider influences of hip-hop, mainstream pop, dance music and more into his sound.
Balvin has won three Latin Grammy Awards, numerous Billboard Latin Music Awards, scored a Guinness World Record for the longest number-one run for a solo Latin single, and collected over 20 billion total YouTube views.
This year has already seen Balvin perform in the opening segment of the Grammy Awards, named Artist of the Year for an unprecedented three consecutive years by Premios Lo Nuestro, seen his genre-anthem, “Reggaeton,” notch his 13th number one Billboard single, and become the first male Latin music artist to launch his own fashion line with the Guess “Vibras” collection.
Where does he get all that energy?
The tour will also feature support appearances by two fast-rising Puerto Rican musicians, Lyanno (Latin trap & reggaeton), and Eladio Carrion (Latin trap & urban).
Tickets are $46.95 – $126.95, and are available at AmwayCenter.com, charge-by-phone at 800.735.3000 or via Ticketmaster.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, May 17 at 10am.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For May 29, 2020: Bao’s Castle, The Osprey Tavern, Ocean Prime, King Cajun Crawfish, Krispy Kreme, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo - May 29, 2020
- SeaWorld Announces Plans to Reopen Orlando Parks June 11 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #AquaticaOrlando #DiscoveryCove #Reopening - May 28, 2020
- Plans Unveiled for the Phased Reopening of Walt Disney World .. #WaltDisneyWorld #Reopening - May 27, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Re-Open May 28, 2020 + Ticket Deal .. #KSCVC #Reopening - May 26, 2020
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020