This past weekend, we were invited to preview the new Hawkers Weekend Brunch at their Windermere location, and I have to say, it’s a winner.
The brunch debuts May 4, at this location only for now, and features a variety of sweet and savory Asian dishes on the a la carte menu.
Here’s a few of the dishes you’ll be able to enjoy off the brunch menu:
Hawkers debuted these at Beard in Baldwin to the delight of foodies, and now you can enjoy these classic handmade xiaolongbao every weekend. Hawkers’ version features a mixture of pork and crab in a savory long simmer broth inside. Careful when you bite – it’s hot!
A playful name for a delicious Asian version of the classic sausage gravy & biscuits dish. Freshly-baked biscuits are topped with sausage gravy, Seoul hot chicken, and a fried egg with splashes of sweet and spicy gochujang sauce. This one was my favorite of the dishes I tried. Tip: If you like it spicy like me, ask for a side of their chili-soy dipping sauce.
STACKS ON STACKS
If you have a sweet tooth for brunch, you must get this dish! Supper fluffy Japanese pancakes are smothered in nutella, banana slices, housemade sesame peanut sauce, and whipped cream.
As the name implies, this dish features two airy bao buns filed with a sweet and saucy roasted char siu (Cantonese-style BBQ pork). This will definitely satisfy your bao craving.
PAIR OF DIM SUM DUMPLINGS
Enjoy Siu Mai Boy Blue! and Shrimpin’ Ain’t Easy steamed dumplings with the accompanying black vinegar-ginger dipping sauce.
THE GOOD EGG
If it isn’t brunch without an egg dish, you’ll enjoy this menu item that features Chinese-style steamed egg, garnished with lap cheong (Chinese sausage – I thought it tasted similar to bacon), a light soy sauce, and scallions.
HK BUBBLE WAFFLE
This classic Hong Kong street treat is a great dish to share to close out the meal. A sweet bubble-waffle (tasting similar to a fortune cookie) is topped with fresh lemon custard, whipped cream, and seasonal berries.
BLAME IT ON THE APEROL is a sweet cocktail featuring Ketel One vodka, Aperol, and watermelon, cranberry, and lime juices. You don’t really notice the alcohol, so go easy on these. It pairs well with the savory dishes.
SWEET CHEEZUS is a sweet Asian cheese tea featuring Cruzan Black Strap and green tea topped with fresh cheese cream (it tastes like a thicker whipped cream).
GET CULTURED is a non-alchoholic mango lassi served over ice. It features mango, yogurt, and honey, and is served in a Tiki glass.
And there are even more dishes we didn’t get to try!
Hawkers Brunch is available every Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm at the Windermere location (in The Grove shopping center at the intersection of Conroy and Apopka-Vineland). Visit EatHawkers.com for directions.
PS: The regular menu will not be available during brunch, but you’re sure to find some new favorites on the brunch menu. I know I have!
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019