This past weekend, we were invited to preview the new Hawkers Weekend Brunch at their Windermere location, and I have to say, it’s a winner.
The brunch debuts May 4, at this location only for now, and features a variety of sweet and savory Asian dishes on the a la carte menu.
Here’s a few of the dishes you’ll be able to enjoy off the brunch menu:
Hawkers debuted these at Beard in Baldwin to the delight of foodies, and now you can enjoy these classic handmade xiaolongbao every weekend. Hawkers’ version features a mixture of pork and crab in a savory long simmer broth inside. Careful when you bite – it’s hot!
A playful name for a delicious Asian version of the classic sausage gravy & biscuits dish. Freshly-baked biscuits are topped with sausage gravy, Seoul hot chicken, and a fried egg with splashes of sweet and spicy gochujang sauce. This one was my favorite of the dishes I tried. Tip: If you like it spicy like me, ask for a side of their chili-soy dipping sauce.
STACKS ON STACKS
If you have a sweet tooth for brunch, you must get this dish! Supper fluffy Japanese pancakes are smothered in nutella, banana slices, housemade sesame peanut sauce, and whipped cream.
As the name implies, this dish features two airy bao buns filed with a sweet and saucy roasted char siu (Cantonese-style BBQ pork). This will definitely satisfy your bao craving.
PAIR OF DIM SUM DUMPLINGS
Enjoy Siu Mai Boy Blue! and Shrimpin’ Ain’t Easy steamed dumplings with the accompanying black vinegar-ginger dipping sauce.
THE GOOD EGG
If it isn’t brunch without an egg dish, you’ll enjoy this menu item that features Chinese-style steamed egg, garnished with lap cheong (Chinese sausage – I thought it tasted similar to bacon), a light soy sauce, and scallions.
HK BUBBLE WAFFLE
This classic Hong Kong street treat is a great dish to share to close out the meal. A sweet bubble-waffle (tasting similar to a fortune cookie) is topped with fresh lemon custard, whipped cream, and seasonal berries.
BLAME IT ON THE APEROL is a sweet cocktail featuring Ketel One vodka, Aperol, and watermelon, cranberry, and lime juices. You don’t really notice the alcohol, so go easy on these. It pairs well with the savory dishes.
SWEET CHEEZUS is a sweet Asian cheese tea featuring Cruzan Black Strap and green tea topped with fresh cheese cream (it tastes like a thicker whipped cream).
GET CULTURED is a non-alchoholic mango lassi served over ice. It features mango, yogurt, and honey, and is served in a Tiki glass.
And there are even more dishes we didn’t get to try!
Hawkers Brunch is available every Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm at the Windermere location (in The Grove shopping center at the intersection of Conroy and Apopka-Vineland). Visit EatHawkers.com for directions.
PS: The regular menu will not be available during brunch, but you’re sure to find some new favorites on the brunch menu. I know I have!
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019