This past weekend, we were invited to preview the new Hawkers Weekend Brunch at their Windermere location, and I have to say, it’s a winner.
The brunch debuts May 4, at this location only for now, and features a variety of sweet and savory Asian dishes on the a la carte menu.
Here’s a few of the dishes you’ll be able to enjoy off the brunch menu:
Hawkers debuted these at Beard in Baldwin to the delight of foodies, and now you can enjoy these classic handmade xiaolongbao every weekend. Hawkers’ version features a mixture of pork and crab in a savory long simmer broth inside. Careful when you bite – it’s hot!
A playful name for a delicious Asian version of the classic sausage gravy & biscuits dish. Freshly-baked biscuits are topped with sausage gravy, Seoul hot chicken, and a fried egg with splashes of sweet and spicy gochujang sauce. This one was my favorite of the dishes I tried. Tip: If you like it spicy like me, ask for a side of their chili-soy dipping sauce.
STACKS ON STACKS
If you have a sweet tooth for brunch, you must get this dish! Supper fluffy Japanese pancakes are smothered in nutella, banana slices, housemade sesame peanut sauce, and whipped cream.
As the name implies, this dish features two airy bao buns filed with a sweet and saucy roasted char siu (Cantonese-style BBQ pork). This will definitely satisfy your bao craving.
PAIR OF DIM SUM DUMPLINGS
Enjoy Siu Mai Boy Blue! and Shrimpin’ Ain’t Easy steamed dumplings with the accompanying black vinegar-ginger dipping sauce.
THE GOOD EGG
If it isn’t brunch without an egg dish, you’ll enjoy this menu item that features Chinese-style steamed egg, garnished with lap cheong (Chinese sausage – I thought it tasted similar to bacon), a light soy sauce, and scallions.
HK BUBBLE WAFFLE
This classic Hong Kong street treat is a great dish to share to close out the meal. A sweet bubble-waffle (tasting similar to a fortune cookie) is topped with fresh lemon custard, whipped cream, and seasonal berries.
BLAME IT ON THE APEROL is a sweet cocktail featuring Ketel One vodka, Aperol, and watermelon, cranberry, and lime juices. You don’t really notice the alcohol, so go easy on these. It pairs well with the savory dishes.
SWEET CHEEZUS is a sweet Asian cheese tea featuring Cruzan Black Strap and green tea topped with fresh cheese cream (it tastes like a thicker whipped cream).
GET CULTURED is a non-alchoholic mango lassi served over ice. It features mango, yogurt, and honey, and is served in a Tiki glass.
And there are even more dishes we didn’t get to try!
Hawkers Brunch is available every Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm at the Windermere location (in The Grove shopping center at the intersection of Conroy and Apopka-Vineland). Visit EatHawkers.com for directions.
PS: The regular menu will not be available during brunch, but you’re sure to find some new favorites on the brunch menu. I know I have!
- Get Free Regular Day Parking with Purchase of Cinemark Matinee Tickets at Universal CityWalk #UniversalOrlando - May 24, 2019
- SeaWorld Parks and Busch Gardens Offer Free Admission To U.S. Veterans And Families - May 22, 2019
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019