Park Pizza & Brewery is one of the newest additions to the Lake Nona dining scene, and we were recently invited to check it out. We found both the pizza and the brews worth a visit.
We started with a pair of appetizers while we waited for our pizzas to take their turn in the wood-fire ovens.
View this post on Instagram
A selection of appetizers paired with a sampler flight of craft beer at @parkpizzalakenona. #thisisorlando . . We tried the Dough Poppers served with a dipper of chunky marinara, and the aptly named Giant Soft Baked #Pretzel paired with a super yummy housemade jalapeno beer cheese. . . The #craft beers are made in the attached #brewery. We tried the Belgian Wit, the blonde ale, a nitro stout, and a cold brew coffee stout that was by far our favorite. . . #ParkPizzaLakeNona is our new fave place to grab a bite and brew on the southeast side of town. Have you been there yet? . . #parkpizzabrewery #orlandofoodie #orlandoeats #lakenona #localeats #eatlocal #food #foodie #foodphotography #vegetarian #orlandobrewery #floridabreweries #orlandoblogger #visitorlando #obassador #citysurfingorlando #hosted
The Giant Soft Baked Pretzel was huge – bigger than my hand! – and it was the perfect mix of crispy exterior and chewy interior. It was served with a big cast iron dish of jalapeno beer cheese that just elevated this to a must eat dish. The only reason we stopped eating it was to save room for the pizzas.
The Dough Poppers on the other hand were ok, but I think a little longer in the oven to crisp the exterior would make the dish better. My dining companion loved them because of the garlic parmesan coating and marinara dipper.
View this post on Instagram
This delicious beauty is the Pepperoni Picante #pizza from @parkpizzalakenona and it's perfect for those who like their pie with a bit of spice! #thisisorlando . . Topped with #pepperoni, banana pepper rings, chili flakes, parmesan, and mozzarella, this…and all Park Pizza & Brewery pizzas…are cooked in a wood-fire oven for maximum flavor. . . #ParkPizzaLakeNona #parkpizzabrewery #lakenona #localeats #orlandofoodie #food #foodie #foodphotography #eatlocal #visitorlando #foodblogger #orlandoblogger #citysurfingorlando #hosted
We had both ordered the 12″ personal size of pizza, which could actually be shared. My choice was the restaurant’s signature Pepperoni Picante, a slightly spicy but completely delicious combination of Grande Mozzarella, Pepperoni, Banana Pepper slices, Chili Flakes, and Parmesan on a bed of San Marzano Tomato Sauce. I would definitely order this again!
My guest went the Build-Your-Own route and got a pepperoni and sausage topped pie. She enjoyed hers, as well.
Along with the pizzas, our server brought shakers of an Italian spice mixture, and red pepper flakes, along with a small bowl of grated parmesan, that allowed us to further customize our pizzas to taste. It was a nice touch!
During our dinner we also tried a sampler flight of the in-house brewery‘s craft beer. We liked the Belgian Wit and the Blonde Ale, but we LOVED the stouts. Our favorite was the Cold Brew Coffee Stout, which went really well with the pizzas, but the Nitro Stout was delicious, too.
Prices at Park Pizza & Brewery are wallet-friendly. Appetizers are between $5 and $10. Pizzas are $11 and up for the 12″ personal, or $15 and up for the 16″ sharable size. House brews start at $4. Plus parking is free in the neighboring garage.
For more information on Park Pizza & Brewery in Lake Nona, including menus, visit parkpizzalakenona.com. I can tell you we’re definitely returning to try more of the menu.
Disclaimer: CSO was hosted for a media dine, but as always, my opinions are honest and my own.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020