Park Pizza & Brewery is one of the newest additions to the Lake Nona dining scene, and we were recently invited to check it out. We found both the pizza and the brews worth a visit.
We started with a pair of appetizers while we waited for our pizzas to take their turn in the wood-fire ovens.
The Giant Soft Baked Pretzel was huge – bigger than my hand! – and it was the perfect mix of crispy exterior and chewy interior. It was served with a big cast iron dish of jalapeno beer cheese that just elevated this to a must eat dish. The only reason we stopped eating it was to save room for the pizzas.
The Dough Poppers on the other hand were ok, but I think a little longer in the oven to crisp the exterior would make the dish better. My dining companion loved them because of the garlic parmesan coating and marinara dipper.
We had both ordered the 12″ personal size of pizza, which could actually be shared. My choice was the restaurant’s signature Pepperoni Picante, a slightly spicy but completely delicious combination of Grande Mozzarella, Pepperoni, Banana Pepper slices, Chili Flakes, and Parmesan on a bed of San Marzano Tomato Sauce. I would definitely order this again!
My guest went the Build-Your-Own route and got a pepperoni and sausage topped pie. She enjoyed hers, as well.
Along with the pizzas, our server brought shakers of an Italian spice mixture, and red pepper flakes, along with a small bowl of grated parmesan, that allowed us to further customize our pizzas to taste. It was a nice touch!
During our dinner we also tried a sampler flight of the in-house brewery‘s craft beer. We liked the Belgian Wit and the Blonde Ale, but we LOVED the stouts. Our favorite was the Cold Brew Coffee Stout, which went really well with the pizzas, but the Nitro Stout was delicious, too.
Prices at Park Pizza & Brewery are wallet-friendly. Appetizers are between $5 and $10. Pizzas are $11 and up for the 12″ personal, or $15 and up for the 16″ sharable size. House brews start at $4. Plus parking is free in the neighboring garage.
For more information on Park Pizza & Brewery in Lake Nona, including menus, visit parkpizzalakenona.com. I can tell you we’re definitely returning to try more of the menu.
Disclaimer: CSO was hosted for a media dine, but as always, my opinions are honest and my own.
- Discovery Cove Orlando Offers Florida Residents 30% Savings for a Limited Time @DiscoveryCove - June 23, 2019
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!’ Returns to #Epcot For Summer Fun and Eats #Disney #Marvel - June 22, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises Prices for Annual Passes Ahead of ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ Opening - June 18, 2019
- Iration to Bring ‘Live From Paradise!’ Tour to Central Florida for Two Shows July 2019 @Iration - June 17, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Toy Story Drop!’ Summer Pop-Up Experience Opens at #Disney Springs - June 16, 2019
- Pointe Orlando Announces Upcoming ‘Tranformative Redevelopment’ @PointeOrlando - June 15, 2019
- Disney Springs Offers ‘Flavors of Florida’ Promotion This Summer @DisneySprings #DisneyDining - June 14, 2019
- Sonny’s BBQ Launches Limited Time Smoke & Fire Menu for Summer @SonnysBBQ - June 11, 2019
- The Fortress at Full Sail University Hosts NBA 2K League Presents THE TICKET June 13-15 @NBA2KLeague @FullSail - June 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2019 #FathersDay - June 9, 2019