Park Pizza & Brewery is one of the newest additions to the Lake Nona dining scene, and we were recently invited to check it out. We found both the pizza and the brews worth a visit.
We started with a pair of appetizers while we waited for our pizzas to take their turn in the wood-fire ovens.
The Giant Soft Baked Pretzel was huge – bigger than my hand! – and it was the perfect mix of crispy exterior and chewy interior. It was served with a big cast iron dish of jalapeno beer cheese that just elevated this to a must eat dish. The only reason we stopped eating it was to save room for the pizzas.
The Dough Poppers on the other hand were ok, but I think a little longer in the oven to crisp the exterior would make the dish better. My dining companion loved them because of the garlic parmesan coating and marinara dipper.
We had both ordered the 12″ personal size of pizza, which could actually be shared. My choice was the restaurant’s signature Pepperoni Picante, a slightly spicy but completely delicious combination of Grande Mozzarella, Pepperoni, Banana Pepper slices, Chili Flakes, and Parmesan on a bed of San Marzano Tomato Sauce. I would definitely order this again!
My guest went the Build-Your-Own route and got a pepperoni and sausage topped pie. She enjoyed hers, as well.
Along with the pizzas, our server brought shakers of an Italian spice mixture, and red pepper flakes, along with a small bowl of grated parmesan, that allowed us to further customize our pizzas to taste. It was a nice touch!
During our dinner we also tried a sampler flight of the in-house brewery‘s craft beer. We liked the Belgian Wit and the Blonde Ale, but we LOVED the stouts. Our favorite was the Cold Brew Coffee Stout, which went really well with the pizzas, but the Nitro Stout was delicious, too.
Prices at Park Pizza & Brewery are wallet-friendly. Appetizers are between $5 and $10. Pizzas are $11 and up for the 12″ personal, or $15 and up for the 16″ sharable size. House brews start at $4. Plus parking is free in the neighboring garage.
For more information on Park Pizza & Brewery in Lake Nona, including menus, visit parkpizzalakenona.com. I can tell you we’re definitely returning to try more of the menu.
Disclaimer: CSO was hosted for a media dine, but as always, my opinions are honest and my own.
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Disney #RoundupRodeoBBQ - January 29, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Host Annual NASA Day of Remembrance January 30, 2020 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC @NASA - January 28, 2020
- Orlando Shakes Presents ‘The Three Musketeers’ February 5 – March 22, 2020 .. @OrlandoShakes #Orlandoarts - January 28, 2020
- Aloma Bowl to Host Karaoke Idol Second Season Starting Jan 31 .. @Aloma_Bowl #karaoke - January 27, 2020
- Universal Orlando Mardi Gras 2020 Kicks Off Feb 1 With Parades, Live Concerts, and More .. @UniversalOrlando #MardiGras - January 26, 2020
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney on Broadway Concert from Epcot Jan 25, 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney - January 25, 2020
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare To Celebrate Chinese New Year Jan 25, 2020 .. #EatatHawkers - January 24, 2020
- First Look at ‘Harmonious’ Coming Epcot in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot - January 24, 2020
- ICON Park to Host Free Pro-Football Fan Nights Jan 24-25, 2020 .. @IconParkOrlando - January 23, 2020
- Space 220 Restaurant to Open Soon at Epcot - January 22, 2020