The 28th annual Orlando Fringe Festival returns May 14th-27th to Orlando’s Ivanhoe Village and Loch Haven Park, with a wealth of artistic endeavors, music, and more.
What is the Fringe? It is a 14-day arts festival that is founded on the concept of being 100% unjuried, uncensored, and accessible.
Fringe Festivals began in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1947, and made its way to Orlando where it was started 24 years ago, in 1991.
This year’s Fringe Festival features shows for all ages, even kids, as well as adults-only shows (remember the uncensored part?).
Most shows are priced between $6-$12, and even a few are free.
HOW TO FRINGE
The way to Fringe is first you must purchase a Fringe button for $10. This is good for all 14 days and helps fund this massive festival. The only reason you don’t need a button is if you plan to only see the free shows on the outdoor stage or Kids Fringe.
Once you have a button, you can purchase tickets to the show(s) you want to see. All ticketed shows require a button and ticket in hand for admission.
The only other rule? Don’t be late. All shows start on time, and once they close the doors, late comers are not admitted for any reason.
I haven’t had a chance to preview any of this year’s shows, but several look interesting from the descriptions. You can see full show descriptions in the online guide or via the Orlando Fringe app (available for iOS and Android).
But what I’m really excited about are the FREE musical offerings during the Fringe, on their outdoor stage at Loch Haven Park. Here are a few of the them:
- Swamp Sistas La La, features a wealth of Orlando female artists, such as Beth McKee, Amy Robbins, and more. This happens Saturday, May 18 at 3pm.
- Wellness Wednesday happens May 22, featuring every thing from Yoga with Katie of Holding Space to the Orlando Gay Chorus, starting at 6pm.
- Jambando at the Fringe features a line-up of jam bands such as The Manns, Shine & The Shakers, and more The jam starts at 3pm on Saturday, May 25.
- Southern Fried Sunday moves from Will’s Pub to the Fringe for a show on Sunday, May 26, featuring The String Hoppers, Kaleigh Baker’s Someday Honey, and more. It all starts at 3pm.
- Since Monday, May 27, is Memorial Day, the Orlando Fringe will be closed out by Luau on the Lawn, featuring The Wildtones, The Ukulaliens, and more, along with a hulu contest and Fringe Karaoke. The fun kicks off at 3pm.
Kid’s Fringe happens on the weekends, and it’s free, too! The whole family can enjoy kid-friendly shows, activities, art, and more!
And that’s just the tip of the greatness that will be happening the next two weeks during Orlando Fringe.
To get your button, tickets, and more information, visit OrlandoFringe.org.
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2020 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 18, 2020