MegaCon Orlando, the Southeast’s largest fan convention, returns to the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando May 16-19, 2019, with a star-studded line-up of guests and fandom fun.
This four-day fest features celebrities from the worlds of sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and comics. Fans can meet their favorites, get autographs and photos, view Q&A panels, and more.
Here are five reasons you should go:
#1 – THE CELEBRITY GUESTS
You’re sure to find a MegaCon guest that is from one or more of your favorite fandoms. Here are some the guests you could see:
A very rare reunion featuring the entire Back To The Future cast including Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Tom Wilson, and James Tolkan
The cast of Boys Meet World including Danielle Fishel, Ben Savage, Will Friedle, and Rider Strong
Smallville cast members Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, and Kristin Kreuk
Goonies cast members Sean Astin and Ke Huy Quan
The Lost Boys cast members including Kiefer Sutherland (Designated Survivor, 24), Jason Patric, and Corey Feldman
Doctor Who cast members David Tennant, Billie Piper, and John Barrowman
Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman, Supergirl)
Mark Sheppard (Supernatural, Firefly)
Stephen Amell (Arrow)
Tyler Hoechlin (SuperGirl, Teen Wolf)
Zachary Levi (Shazam, Thor: The Dark World)
Rose McIver (iZombie)
Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
Mike Colter (Luke Cage)
Lana Parrilla (Once Upon a Time)
Lou Diamond Phillips (Young Guns, La Bamba)
Peter Weller (Robocop)
Pamela Anderson (Baywatch, V.I.P.)
Animaniacs voice actors Jess Harnell and Maurice LaMarche
Winnie the Pooh voice actor Jim Cummings
Patricia Summersett (voice of Princess Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
RWBY voices Barbara Dunkelman, Arryn Zech, Lindsay Jones, & Kara Eberle
Author Sherrilyn Kenyon (Lords of Avalon novels; Dark-Hunter novels)
And so much more!!
#2 – THE SPECIAL EVENTS
It wouldn’t be a MegaCon without special events with the guests. Here are the highlights:
An Evening with the Cast of Back to the Future – Tickets start at $20 for this evening with Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, James Tolkan, Tom Wilson, and superstar Michael J. Fox.
30th Reunion of the All New Mickey Mouse Club – In addition to the included MegaCon panel, Joey Fatone will host a dinner and fireworks event with the cast at Epcot on Saturday. Tickets are $199.
An Evening with Lynda Carter, “This Life: My Music, My Story” – Tickets start at $20 for this evening event.
Celebrate 80 Years of Batman – Tickets start at $149.99 for this special event offering appearances and signings by 12 Superstar DC creators including Greg Capullo, Doug Mahnke, Peter Tomasi, James Tynion IV, Tom King, Brian Azzarello, Mark Brooks, Mitch Gerads, Josh Williamson, Clay Mann, Marguerite Bennett and Tim Sale.
# 3 – THE ARTISTS ALLEY
Many fandoms, like Marvel and DC, are rooted in comic,s and in the Artists Alley area, you can meet the artists who create and illustrate them.
You can purchase art, and if you’re lucky, you can also watch them creating at their booth.
#4 – THE COSPLAY
Fans go all out when creating their Cosplay for MegaCon Orlando, so you’ll want to take the time to check them out. The main lobby and the Expo floor are great places to see all the cosplay.
Just remember, Cosplay is not Consent. Always ask for permission before taking a photo.
#5 – THE EXPO FLOOR
Running the full length of the convention center the Expo Floor features a wide variety of fandom merchandise to purchase. From decals and t-shirts to limited-edition collectibles, you’ll probably find what you need for your collection here.
You’ll also find Artist Alley, Tattoo Alley (for those wanting to get inked), fun photo ops (I’m told some of ops will include the Millenium Falcon cockpit and the Pizza Planet rocket), and so much more here.
Tickets are now available online. Single day passes in advance are $20-$50, depending on the day. Family day passes range from $45-$110 per day in advance, and include admission for 2 adults and up to 4 children (age 6-12).
Weekend passes start at $99 for just admission and go up to VIP at $429, which include collectibles and more. Children ages 6-12 are $15 daily, and 5 and under are free.
All prices (except children) will be more at the door, if not sold out.
Autographs and Photo Ops are additional, and vary depending on what the celebrity wishes to charge.
For more details, and to purchase admission passes and/or special event tickets, visit megaconorlando.com.
- Brightline to Construct Walt Disney World Station at Disney Springs .. @GoBrightline #WaltDisneyWorld - November 24, 2020
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Nov 28-29, 2020 .. #FusionFest #FusionFestOrlando - November 23, 2020
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites Opens at Universal Orlando December 2020 .. #EndlessSummerDockside @UniversalOrlando - November 22, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center’s Frontyard Festival Kicks Off Dec 5: What You Need to Know .. #FrontyardFestival #OrlandoArts #SaveOurStages @DrPhillipsCtr - November 21, 2020
- Holidays at LEGOLAND® Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 27, 2020 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #Holidays - November 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating #Thanksgiving 2020 In Orlando - November 18, 2020
- Walt Disney World Reopens Petting Zoo at Affection Section in Disney’s Animal Kingdom .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneysAnimalKingdom - November 16, 2020
- Walt Disney World First Look at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Ride Vehicles .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #GOTG - November 15, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For November 13, 2020: Hawkers, Firehouse Subs, Pig Floyd’s, Tapa Toro, Gideons Bakehouse, White Castle, First Watch, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - November 13, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebration 2020 Kicks Off Nov. 14 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ChristmasCelebration - November 10, 2020