Producers announced today an open casting call in key cities around the country as part of a worldwide search for the title character of Jesus in the upcoming 50th Anniversary tour of Jesus Christ Superstar, and Orlando has been chosen as one of the cities.
Auditions in Orlando will take place this Saturday, April 20 at Dr. Phillips Center, and here are the details you need to know:
- Sign in will begin at 1:00pm and end at 2:30pm
- Audition time frame will be 1:15pm – 4:00pm
- Enter through Stage Door on Anderson Street.
- Auditions will take place in Studio 1 of AdventHealth School of the Arts at Dr. Phillips Center
Here is their description for the character of Jesus:
Vocal: Rock tenor; Chest voice B2-Bb4, powerful falsetto or scream up to G5. Between 20 and 30 years old. Must play guitar. A Jim Morrison meets Steven Tyler “rock star” with a well-rounded, rich middle register that also has a super extended upper register with virtuosity coupled with sensitive musicianship. Comfortable addressing a group of 12 or an arena of 12,000. This role does not require dancing, but the performer must be comfortable moving.
For more information about the opening casting calls, please visit wscasting.com/jesuscasting.
Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s iconic musical will begin its 2019 North American Tour in Austin’s Bass Concert Hall on October 8th through the 13th before visiting over 30 cities including Los Angeles, Denver, Nashville, Dallas and Chicago.
Jesus Christ Superstar is set against the backdrop of an extraordinary series of events during the final weeks in the life of Jesus Christ, as seen through the eyes of Judas. Reflecting the rock roots that defined a generation, the legendary score includes “I Don’t Know How to Love Him,” “Gethsemane,” and “Superstar.”
The North American tour will be helmed by acclaimed director Timothy Sheader and cutting-edge choreographer Drew McOnie. Rounding out the creative team is set and costume design by 2016 Tony Award® nominee, Tom Scutt, lighting design by Lee Curran, and music supervision by Tom Deering.
For additional information about this production, please visit ustour.JesusChristSuperstar.com.
- Bite30 Returns July 15-August 16, 2020 To Tantalize Taste Buds .. #Bite30 #Foodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 13, 2020
- Spooky Empire Cancels 2020 Events and Announces 2021 Dates .. #SpookyEmpire #HorrorConventions - July 12, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020