Disney’s Hollywood Studios opened in 1989, and the park will celebrate its 30th Anniversary on May 1 with exclusive food, merchandise, and the debut of a new nightly show.
Here are some of the ways guests can celebrate the milestone anniversary at the park on May 1:
View a Star Studded Celebration
A Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Star-Studded Celebration cavalcade starring Mickey and friends will step off at 10am and will head down Hollywood Blvd.
Pick Up a Commemorative 30th Anniversary Guide Map & Button
Guests entering the park can grab a special 30th anniversary commemorative guide map and button.
Grab Exclusive 30th Anniversary Merchandise
Special 30th anniversary merchandise will be unveiled on May 1, including a new adult T-shirt, baseball cap, Tervis 24-oz tumbler, MagicBand, ornament and much more. Annual passholders can also shop for some items exclusively created for them. Merchandise can be found starting at 8am in Grand Park, while supplies last. (Please note: Merchandise will go on sale at 8am; Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens at 9am)
Taste Special Food & Beverage Items
A slew of special anniversary food & beverage items will be available throughout the park, including Kylo Ren Cupcakes, Incredibles Macarons, Tres Leches Verrine and many more.
Stay For the Debut of “Wonderful World of Animation”
The park’s new nighttime projection show will light up the park for its official debut on May 1. The façade of the Chinese Theatre will be magically transformed into a stirring tribute to Disney animation. Behold spectacular sequences celebrating themes like magic, family, adventure, romance and friendship. Each theme is brought to life through unforgettable moments from beloved films—like “Sleeping Beauty,” “The Incredibles,” “Coco” and many more. The show will debut at 9:05pm, just prior to the park’s “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show.
30th Anniversary Disney After Hours
Want to make the absolute most of the 30th anniversary fun? A special Disney After Hours event night has been added to the schedule!
On May 1, Disney After Hours attendees can experience little to no-wait on park favorites, including The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Toy Story Land attractions and more. Additionally, this special anniversary edition of Disney After Hours will feature some beloved Disney characters ready to greet guests in the Chinese Theatre Courtyard, at Star Wars Launch Bay and more. There will also be a special encore performance of “Wonderful World of Animation” taking place exclusively for event attendees.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020