Disney’s Hollywood Studios opened in 1989, and the park will celebrate its 30th Anniversary on May 1 with exclusive food, merchandise, and the debut of a new nightly show.
Here are some of the ways guests can celebrate the milestone anniversary at the park on May 1:
View a Star Studded Celebration
A Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Star-Studded Celebration cavalcade starring Mickey and friends will step off at 10am and will head down Hollywood Blvd.
Pick Up a Commemorative 30th Anniversary Guide Map & Button
Guests entering the park can grab a special 30th anniversary commemorative guide map and button.
Grab Exclusive 30th Anniversary Merchandise
Special 30th anniversary merchandise will be unveiled on May 1, including a new adult T-shirt, baseball cap, Tervis 24-oz tumbler, MagicBand, ornament and much more. Annual passholders can also shop for some items exclusively created for them. Merchandise can be found starting at 8am in Grand Park, while supplies last. (Please note: Merchandise will go on sale at 8am; Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens at 9am)
Taste Special Food & Beverage Items
A slew of special anniversary food & beverage items will be available throughout the park, including Kylo Ren Cupcakes, Incredibles Macarons, Tres Leches Verrine and many more.
Stay For the Debut of “Wonderful World of Animation”
The park’s new nighttime projection show will light up the park for its official debut on May 1. The façade of the Chinese Theatre will be magically transformed into a stirring tribute to Disney animation. Behold spectacular sequences celebrating themes like magic, family, adventure, romance and friendship. Each theme is brought to life through unforgettable moments from beloved films—like “Sleeping Beauty,” “The Incredibles,” “Coco” and many more. The show will debut at 9:05pm, just prior to the park’s “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show.
30th Anniversary Disney After Hours
Want to make the absolute most of the 30th anniversary fun? A special Disney After Hours event night has been added to the schedule!
On May 1, Disney After Hours attendees can experience little to no-wait on park favorites, including The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Toy Story Land attractions and more. Additionally, this special anniversary edition of Disney After Hours will feature some beloved Disney characters ready to greet guests in the Chinese Theatre Courtyard, at Star Wars Launch Bay and more. There will also be a special encore performance of “Wonderful World of Animation” taking place exclusively for event attendees.
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019