Walt Disney World has raised its ticket prices this week for dates that fall within peak periods of business, such as Christmas holidays.
According to Disney’s website, from Christmas to New Year’s, a one-day, one-park “peak period” ticket is now $159 plus tax, which is a $30 increase.
Other busy times of the year, including Easter, Memorial Day and from mid-December to Christmas Eve, the new ticket price is $139, a $10 increase.
The previous price range for one-day tickets was between $109-$129.
The price range for a one-day Park Hopper is now $169-$219, per the website. For Florida residents, the cost of a one-day Park Hopper ranges from $139-$189.
A water park annual pass has also increased $9, from $130 to $139.
The increase in peak season ticket prices comes as Walt Disney World expands the offerings at its parks, with new attractions like Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios opening this summer.
While Walt Disney World sees these increases as a way to manage high demand times of the year at the parks, many are worried it will start pricing out families who may decide it’s just too expensive to visit and choose alternate destinations.
What are your thoughts on the price increases?
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019
- Busch Gardens Tampa 2019 Food & Wine Fest Starts this Weekend @BuschGardens #CorksAndCoasters - March 16, 2019
- Swamp Sistas Host La La Charity Brunch for Second Harvest March 24, 2019 @SwampSistas @feedhopenow - March 15, 2019
- Pi Day 2019 Pie Deals in the Orlando Area #PiDay - March 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises 2019 Ticket Prices During Peak Periods - March 13, 2019
- Universal Orlando Releases New Details For Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - March 12, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Water Park Opens for 2019 Season #BuiltForKids - March 11, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day 2019 - March 10, 2019
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Aug 29, 2019 #WaltDisneyWorld #GalaxysEdge - March 7, 2019