Walt Disney World has raised its ticket prices this week for dates that fall within peak periods of business, such as Christmas holidays.
According to Disney’s website, from Christmas to New Year’s, a one-day, one-park “peak period” ticket is now $159 plus tax, which is a $30 increase.
Other busy times of the year, including Easter, Memorial Day and from mid-December to Christmas Eve, the new ticket price is $139, a $10 increase.
The previous price range for one-day tickets was between $109-$129.
The price range for a one-day Park Hopper is now $169-$219, per the website. For Florida residents, the cost of a one-day Park Hopper ranges from $139-$189.
A water park annual pass has also increased $9, from $130 to $139.
The increase in peak season ticket prices comes as Walt Disney World expands the offerings at its parks, with new attractions like Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios opening this summer.
While Walt Disney World sees these increases as a way to manage high demand times of the year at the parks, many are worried it will start pricing out families who may decide it’s just too expensive to visit and choose alternate destinations.
What are your thoughts on the price increases?
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Saturday Night Competition Winners #MonsterJam - May 13, 2019