This week, Walt Disney World released details on a reimagined main entrance for Epcot that will give it a whole new look.
This new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements, according to Disney.
When finished, the plaza will welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain.
Also as part of this new entry experience, Leave A Legacy photos will move into a beautiful setting just outside the park’s gateway. The granite bases will be removed, and a new design will be used to showcase the photos.
You can look for the photos in their new home starting in 2020.
Updates to the Epcot entrance area will take place in phases, with work expected to begin later this spring.
Guests will be able to visualize all of the exciting plans for Epcot when doors open later this year on a new Experience Center in the Odyssey Events Pavilion.
Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth and World Showcase Promenade, as well. More details about the transformation of this area will be announced at a later date.
[Images courtesy Walt Disney World]
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023