Walt Disney World has announced that due to high guest demand, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Aug. 29, 2019.
This date is earlier than previously announced, and as such, it will will open in phases.
On Aug. 29th, opening day for phase one, guests will become part of the story as they sample galactic food and beverages, explore an intriguing collection of merchant shops and take the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
At Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, guests must be 38? (97 cm) or taller to ride. Disney FastPass+ service will not initially be offered for the attraction, so be prepared for a long stand-by line.
Phase two, opening later this year, will be Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, the most ambitious, immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined, which will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance and will blur the lines between fantasy and reality.
The height requirement for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, will be 40? (102 cm) or taller.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will also be open during Extra Magic Hours, along with select Disney’s Hollywood Studios attractions, for guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The land — including participation in its experiences — will be subject to capacity restraints and other restrictions.
We’ll have more information as we get closer to the date, but now you have the date information you need to plan your visit. Are you excited to check out Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For August 2019 ::UPDATED:: #OrlandoFoodies - July 31, 2019
- Out and About: Smoothie King Serves Up Pure Pineapple Recharge for Summer #ad @SmoothieKing - July 30, 2019
- Taste! Central Florida Announces Over 40 Participants for 2019 Event @TasteCFL - July 29, 2019
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 27, 2019: Ocean Prime Orlando, Boxi Park, Tijuana Flats, Del Frisco’s, and More - July 27, 2019