Walt Disney World has announced that due to high guest demand, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Aug. 29, 2019.
This date is earlier than previously announced, and as such, it will will open in phases.
On Aug. 29th, opening day for phase one, guests will become part of the story as they sample galactic food and beverages, explore an intriguing collection of merchant shops and take the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
At Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, guests must be 38? (97 cm) or taller to ride. Disney FastPass+ service will not initially be offered for the attraction, so be prepared for a long stand-by line.
Phase two, opening later this year, will be Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, the most ambitious, immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined, which will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance and will blur the lines between fantasy and reality.
The height requirement for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, will be 40? (102 cm) or taller.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will also be open during Extra Magic Hours, along with select Disney’s Hollywood Studios attractions, for guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The land — including participation in its experiences — will be subject to capacity restraints and other restrictions.
We’ll have more information as we get closer to the date, but now you have the date information you need to plan your visit. Are you excited to check out Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020