Walt Disney World has announced that due to high guest demand, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Aug. 29, 2019.
This date is earlier than previously announced, and as such, it will will open in phases.
On Aug. 29th, opening day for phase one, guests will become part of the story as they sample galactic food and beverages, explore an intriguing collection of merchant shops and take the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
At Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, guests must be 38? (97 cm) or taller to ride. Disney FastPass+ service will not initially be offered for the attraction, so be prepared for a long stand-by line.
Phase two, opening later this year, will be Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, the most ambitious, immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined, which will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance and will blur the lines between fantasy and reality.
The height requirement for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, will be 40? (102 cm) or taller.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will also be open during Extra Magic Hours, along with select Disney’s Hollywood Studios attractions, for guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The land — including participation in its experiences — will be subject to capacity restraints and other restrictions.
We’ll have more information as we get closer to the date, but now you have the date information you need to plan your visit. Are you excited to check out Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019
- Busch Gardens Tampa 2019 Food & Wine Fest Starts this Weekend @BuschGardens #CorksAndCoasters - March 16, 2019
- Swamp Sistas Host La La Charity Brunch for Second Harvest March 24, 2019 @SwampSistas @feedhopenow - March 15, 2019
- Pi Day 2019 Pie Deals in the Orlando Area #PiDay - March 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises 2019 Ticket Prices During Peak Periods - March 13, 2019
- Universal Orlando Releases New Details For Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - March 12, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Water Park Opens for 2019 Season #BuiltForKids - March 11, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day 2019 - March 10, 2019
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Aug 29, 2019 #WaltDisneyWorld #GalaxysEdge - March 7, 2019