Walt Disney World has announced that due to high guest demand, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Aug. 29, 2019.
This date is earlier than previously announced, and as such, it will will open in phases.
On Aug. 29th, opening day for phase one, guests will become part of the story as they sample galactic food and beverages, explore an intriguing collection of merchant shops and take the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
At Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, guests must be 38? (97 cm) or taller to ride. Disney FastPass+ service will not initially be offered for the attraction, so be prepared for a long stand-by line.
Phase two, opening later this year, will be Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, the most ambitious, immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined, which will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance and will blur the lines between fantasy and reality.
The height requirement for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, will be 40? (102 cm) or taller.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will also be open during Extra Magic Hours, along with select Disney’s Hollywood Studios attractions, for guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The land — including participation in its experiences — will be subject to capacity restraints and other restrictions.
We’ll have more information as we get closer to the date, but now you have the date information you need to plan your visit. Are you excited to check out Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns March 5-7, 2021 .. @OrlandoBoatShow #OCCC - March 2, 2021
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces World’s First Peppa Pig Theme Park .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PeppaPig - February 25, 2021
- Kevin Smith to Bring Mooby’s Pop-Up To Tin Roof Orlando in March .. @MoobysPopUp @ThatKevinSmith @tinrooforlando #MoobysOrlando - February 24, 2021
- Monster Jam Returns To Camping World Stadium Feb 27-28, 2021 .. @MonsterJam - February 23, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2021 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 22, 2021
- First Details Released for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary .. @WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyWorld50 - February 21, 2021
- Wekiva Paint Out Returns to Wekiva Island Feb 21-27, 2021 .. #WekivaPaintOut @WekivaIsland - February 18, 2021
- Out and About: Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show Debuts at LEGOLAND Florida! .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #BuiltForKids #BrickbeardsWatersportsStuntShow #Be10Too #Pirates - February 13, 2021
- Orlando Science Center Unveils New Tiny Green Home at Loch Haven Park .. @CityBeautiful @OrlandoScience @OUCreliableone #TinyGreenHome - February 12, 2021
- Otronicon Returns To The Orlando Science Center Feb 12-15, 2021 .. @OrlandoScience @Otronicon - February 11, 2021