Tony Roma’s is known for their ribs, but they also do traditional dishes well. Case in point is the limited-time New Classics menu that serves up favorite dishes with a bit of a twist.
We were invited to sample the New Classics, and found them all incredibly tasty.
My favorite was the Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower appetizer, a TR vegetarian twist on chicken wings. It features cauliflower, lightly breaded and fried, tossed in a spicy wing sauce, and served with Bleu cheese dressing, carrots and celery. You won’t even miss the chicken (I didn’t).
Fans of Surf-n-Turf will want to dig into the Filet Medallions with Diane Sauce and Grilled Shrimp with 3-Citrus Butter entree. It’s the sauces that take these classics to the next level. The rich Diane sauce adds an extra savory layer to the steak, while the citrus butter sauce featuring lemon, lime & orange juice pairs perfectly with the grilled shrimp. All on one plate? Yes, please.
Speaking of seafood, the Harissa-Glazed Grilled Salmon entree is a wonderful dish. The fresh grilled salmon is coated in a mixture of African Harissa chili paste, maple syrup. and a touch of lime juice. A delicious blend of savory with hints of sweet and a pop of zing.
Both entrees are served with yummy mashed potatoes and seared garlic green beans.
If you have room for dessert, the Sweet Heat Chocolate Cake is a great finisher. This rich chocolate cherry cake is kicked up a notch with a bit of chili spice. The heat won’t make you cry but it’s a nice background contrast to the chocolate. It’s served with basil whipped cream and vanilla ice cream.
For those 21 and up, the New Classics menu also features two cocktails chosen to pair nicely with the above dishes. The Spiced Pineapple Romarita is a perfect match with the Harissa-Glazed Grilled Salmon, down to the spiced rim. With the filet and shrimp, try the Chambord Manhattan, a classic cocktail from the early 1900s featuring Knob Creek bourbon and updated with a hint of sweet raspberry via Chambord raspberry liqueur.
The New Classics Menu is available through April 28, 2019. To find your nearest location, visit TonyRomas.com.
[Disclaimer: We were hosted for a media dine for the purpose of a review. As always my opinion is honest and my own.]
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019