CityArts has relocated to the historic Roger Kiene Building in downtown Orlando and it features two levels of great local arts.
The street level features the Downstairs Signature Gallery, which currently houses the Earth, Water & Land presented by OUC the Reliable One exhibit.
It will also be home to the future Create Café, scheduled to open Summer 2019, featuring local roasted coffee, quick service food, beer and wine in an artistic atmosphere.
The second level is home to four signature galleries, plus a hallway featuring more art. It is accessible via stairs or an elevator, though the hallway may not be wheelchair/scooter friendly if there’s a crowd.
The main room is the Upstairs Signature Gallery, which currently features the Arts in Medicine exhibit, with artwork created by patients in the Integrative Medicine department at Orlando Health. The theme is the Lee Ann Womack classic song, “I Hope You Dance,” and the artwork features the patient’s interpretations of what dance means to them.
Other exhibits on the upper level are Attachment Hunger with Scott Donald and Sean Hartman (Redefine Gallery); Solo exhibition by Vicki Wilson (Spotlight Gallery); and Artwork created by artists ages 15-21 (Young Artists Gallery presented by Orlando Magic).
My two favorite pieces in the various galleries were Light and Shadow by Joyo in the Young Artists Gallery, and a photo-realistic painting of Breaking Bad’s Walter White with tiny crystal shards glued onto it so it glittered (I didn’t see the artist name).
The best part of touring the CityArts galleries is that most everything is for sale, and many are priced at less than $100.
Support the Central Florida arts and visit CityArts. It’s open from 11am to 6pm, except Mondays, and admission is free. There’s limited street parking, but the Library Garage on Central Ave is a block away.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021