Orlando Shakes in partnership with UCF, will perform Jack and the Beanstalk, a new family musical by Michael Andrew, at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center from April 4 – May 4, 2019.
From the urban jungle to the quaint countryside, Jack is well-known for his sense of adventure – or at least in his daydreams. When it’s up to our hero to rescue new friends, his bravery will be put to the test.
Amongst giants, mystery, and magic, join Jack on an exhilarating, musical escapade to a land above the clouds!
Jack and the Beanstalk features Terence Lee as Jack, Carlos Pereyo as Giant & Ensemble, Amanda Anne Dayton as Harp & Ensemble, Andy Hansen as Salesman & Ensemble, Daniel Romano as Cow & Ensemble, and Alina Alcántara as Mom.
The Orlando Shakes artistic team includes Director Brandon Yagel, Musical Director Megan Tsurumaki, Choreographer Spenser Marrow, Scenic Designer Chris McKinney, Lighting Designer Philip Lupo, Costume Designer Kristina Tollefson, Sound Designer Britt Sandusky, ASL Coordinator Mandy Longo, and Stage Manager Alyssa Zegers.
Preview Dates – April 4-5, 2019 at 10:15am and 12pm. Tickets are $10 per person.
Remaining Shows are on Saturdays from April 6 – May 4. Tickets are $20 adults and $15 children.
Visit the box office or go online to OrlandoShakes.org to purchase tickets.
Join members of the cast for interactive pre-show fun for the whole family. The fun starts 10-15 minutes prior to every performance. Then stick around after weekend performances of Jack & the Beanstalk for a special autograph session with the stars of the show.
Opening Date – April 6, 2019 at 2pm and 4:30pm. Join Orlando Shakes one hour before both opening day performances to take part in free crafts and activities. Free to all opening day ticket holders. No RSVP required.
Sensory Friendly – April 27, 2019 at 4:30pm and May 1 at 10:30am
Orlando Shakes provides students that have sensory, social, cognitive, or physical challenges the chance to participate in our Sensory Friendly performance. In addition to lighting, sound, and vocal cues being adjusted, patrons will be able to exit the theater with ease during the performance should their child need a break.
This VSA program is provided in 2018-2019 under a contract with the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
ASL Interpreted – April 20, 2019 at 2pm.
A sign language interpreter shadows each actor, providing a rich theater experience for our patrons who use sign language. This is also an excellent experience for hearing theater patrons as well, as they will be able to enjoy a new and different style of theater.
- The 28th Annual Florida Film Festival Announces Grand Jury and Audience Award Winners #FFF2019 - April 22, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Hosts Auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar National Tour on Saturday, April 20 @drphillipsctr #JesusChristSuperstar - April 18, 2019
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2019 Picks For Easter Dining And Family Fun In Orlando - April 16, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 10-11, 2019 #MonsterJam - April 15, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019