Orlando Shakes in partnership with UCF, will perform Jack and the Beanstalk, a new family musical by Michael Andrew, at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center from April 4 – May 4, 2019.
From the urban jungle to the quaint countryside, Jack is well-known for his sense of adventure – or at least in his daydreams. When it’s up to our hero to rescue new friends, his bravery will be put to the test.
Amongst giants, mystery, and magic, join Jack on an exhilarating, musical escapade to a land above the clouds!
Jack and the Beanstalk features Terence Lee as Jack, Carlos Pereyo as Giant & Ensemble, Amanda Anne Dayton as Harp & Ensemble, Andy Hansen as Salesman & Ensemble, Daniel Romano as Cow & Ensemble, and Alina Alcántara as Mom.
The Orlando Shakes artistic team includes Director Brandon Yagel, Musical Director Megan Tsurumaki, Choreographer Spenser Marrow, Scenic Designer Chris McKinney, Lighting Designer Philip Lupo, Costume Designer Kristina Tollefson, Sound Designer Britt Sandusky, ASL Coordinator Mandy Longo, and Stage Manager Alyssa Zegers.
Preview Dates – April 4-5, 2019 at 10:15am and 12pm. Tickets are $10 per person.
Remaining Shows are on Saturdays from April 6 – May 4. Tickets are $20 adults and $15 children.
Visit the box office or go online to OrlandoShakes.org to purchase tickets.
Join members of the cast for interactive pre-show fun for the whole family. The fun starts 10-15 minutes prior to every performance. Then stick around after weekend performances of Jack & the Beanstalk for a special autograph session with the stars of the show.
Opening Date – April 6, 2019 at 2pm and 4:30pm. Join Orlando Shakes one hour before both opening day performances to take part in free crafts and activities. Free to all opening day ticket holders. No RSVP required.
Sensory Friendly – April 27, 2019 at 4:30pm and May 1 at 10:30am
Orlando Shakes provides students that have sensory, social, cognitive, or physical challenges the chance to participate in our Sensory Friendly performance. In addition to lighting, sound, and vocal cues being adjusted, patrons will be able to exit the theater with ease during the performance should their child need a break.
This VSA program is provided in 2018-2019 under a contract with the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
ASL Interpreted – April 20, 2019 at 2pm.
A sign language interpreter shadows each actor, providing a rich theater experience for our patrons who use sign language. This is also an excellent experience for hearing theater patrons as well, as they will be able to enjoy a new and different style of theater.
- The Big Bounce America Tour Comes to Central Florida Oct 19-27, 2019 .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 14, 2019
- IAAPA Celebrates Grand Opening of New Global Headquarters in Orlando .. @IAAPAHQ #IAAPA - October 9, 2019
- 93.3 FLZ Jingle Ball 2019 Rings in Season with #SamSmith, #Lizzo, and More at Tampa’s Amalie Arena Dec 1 .. #FLZJingleBall - October 8, 2019
- Florida Citrus Sports Ends Orlando Citrus Parade After 39 Years - October 7, 2019
- Win Tickets to See Wayne Brady at Dr. Phillips Center Oct 12! .. @DrPhillipsCtr @WayneBrady - October 4, 2019
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2019 On October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 3, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - October 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Debut of “Epcot Forever” Show Tonight .. #DisneyParksLive #EpcotForever - October 1, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts $10 Admission Day September 29, 2019 .. @OrlandoScience - September 27, 2019
- Osceola Arts Opens 2019-2020 Season with ‘The Addams Family: A New Musical’ .. #OsceolaArts - September 26, 2019