Orlando Shakes in partnership with UCF, will perform Jack and the Beanstalk, a new family musical by Michael Andrew, at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center from April 4 – May 4, 2019.
From the urban jungle to the quaint countryside, Jack is well-known for his sense of adventure – or at least in his daydreams. When it’s up to our hero to rescue new friends, his bravery will be put to the test.
Amongst giants, mystery, and magic, join Jack on an exhilarating, musical escapade to a land above the clouds!
Jack and the Beanstalk features Terence Lee as Jack, Carlos Pereyo as Giant & Ensemble, Amanda Anne Dayton as Harp & Ensemble, Andy Hansen as Salesman & Ensemble, Daniel Romano as Cow & Ensemble, and Alina Alcántara as Mom.
The Orlando Shakes artistic team includes Director Brandon Yagel, Musical Director Megan Tsurumaki, Choreographer Spenser Marrow, Scenic Designer Chris McKinney, Lighting Designer Philip Lupo, Costume Designer Kristina Tollefson, Sound Designer Britt Sandusky, ASL Coordinator Mandy Longo, and Stage Manager Alyssa Zegers.
Preview Dates – April 4-5, 2019 at 10:15am and 12pm. Tickets are $10 per person.
Remaining Shows are on Saturdays from April 6 – May 4. Tickets are $20 adults and $15 children.
Visit the box office or go online to OrlandoShakes.org to purchase tickets.
Join members of the cast for interactive pre-show fun for the whole family. The fun starts 10-15 minutes prior to every performance. Then stick around after weekend performances of Jack & the Beanstalk for a special autograph session with the stars of the show.
Opening Date – April 6, 2019 at 2pm and 4:30pm. Join Orlando Shakes one hour before both opening day performances to take part in free crafts and activities. Free to all opening day ticket holders. No RSVP required.
Sensory Friendly – April 27, 2019 at 4:30pm and May 1 at 10:30am
Orlando Shakes provides students that have sensory, social, cognitive, or physical challenges the chance to participate in our Sensory Friendly performance. In addition to lighting, sound, and vocal cues being adjusted, patrons will be able to exit the theater with ease during the performance should their child need a break.
This VSA program is provided in 2018-2019 under a contract with the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
ASL Interpreted – April 20, 2019 at 2pm.
A sign language interpreter shadows each actor, providing a rich theater experience for our patrons who use sign language. This is also an excellent experience for hearing theater patrons as well, as they will be able to enjoy a new and different style of theater.
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019