Orlando Shakes in partnership with UCF, will perform Jack and the Beanstalk, a new family musical by Michael Andrew, at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center from April 4 – May 4, 2019.
From the urban jungle to the quaint countryside, Jack is well-known for his sense of adventure – or at least in his daydreams. When it’s up to our hero to rescue new friends, his bravery will be put to the test.
Amongst giants, mystery, and magic, join Jack on an exhilarating, musical escapade to a land above the clouds!
Jack and the Beanstalk features Terence Lee as Jack, Carlos Pereyo as Giant & Ensemble, Amanda Anne Dayton as Harp & Ensemble, Andy Hansen as Salesman & Ensemble, Daniel Romano as Cow & Ensemble, and Alina Alcántara as Mom.
The Orlando Shakes artistic team includes Director Brandon Yagel, Musical Director Megan Tsurumaki, Choreographer Spenser Marrow, Scenic Designer Chris McKinney, Lighting Designer Philip Lupo, Costume Designer Kristina Tollefson, Sound Designer Britt Sandusky, ASL Coordinator Mandy Longo, and Stage Manager Alyssa Zegers.
Preview Dates – April 4-5, 2019 at 10:15am and 12pm. Tickets are $10 per person.
Remaining Shows are on Saturdays from April 6 – May 4. Tickets are $20 adults and $15 children.
Visit the box office or go online to OrlandoShakes.org to purchase tickets.
Join members of the cast for interactive pre-show fun for the whole family. The fun starts 10-15 minutes prior to every performance. Then stick around after weekend performances of Jack & the Beanstalk for a special autograph session with the stars of the show.
Opening Date – April 6, 2019 at 2pm and 4:30pm. Join Orlando Shakes one hour before both opening day performances to take part in free crafts and activities. Free to all opening day ticket holders. No RSVP required.
Sensory Friendly – April 27, 2019 at 4:30pm and May 1 at 10:30am
Orlando Shakes provides students that have sensory, social, cognitive, or physical challenges the chance to participate in our Sensory Friendly performance. In addition to lighting, sound, and vocal cues being adjusted, patrons will be able to exit the theater with ease during the performance should their child need a break.
This VSA program is provided in 2018-2019 under a contract with the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
ASL Interpreted – April 20, 2019 at 2pm.
A sign language interpreter shadows each actor, providing a rich theater experience for our patrons who use sign language. This is also an excellent experience for hearing theater patrons as well, as they will be able to enjoy a new and different style of theater.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020
- Orlando Shakes Hosts Free Online Preview of PlayFest 2020 on Sept 12 .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - September 10, 2020
- Cannes Short Film Festival to Screen Orlando Ballet Documentary Starting Sept 13 .. @OrlandoBallet #OrlandoArts - September 9, 2020
- Orlando Main Streets Launches ‘Local Orlando’ Visitors’ Guide .. @OrlMainStreets - September 7, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Admission for Florida K-12 Teachers Through August 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #TeacherDiscounts - September 6, 2020
- Teak Neighborhood Grill Hosts 2nd Annual “Burger World Tour” with $5 Burgers .. @TeakOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants #Burgers - September 5, 2020
- Orlando Magic Team Up with City of Orlando to Turn Amway Center Into Early Voting Center and Mail Ballot Drop-Off Location .. @CityBeautiful @AmwayCenter @OrlandoMagic #Voting - September 3, 2020