Universal Orlando will kick off Mardi Gras 2019 on February 9, and it will run daily through April 4 with authentic Cajun-style cuisine, an incredible nightly parade, and live concerts from some of the biggest names in music.
A party animal-themed Mardi Gras parade will run nightly throughout the streets of Universal Studios Florida featuring intricately detailed floats, vivacious dancers and stilt performers, and countless beads.
This year, the party animal-themed parade will debut six new floats featuring animals from the arctic, jungle, ocean and more – rounding out the lineup of 12 hand-crafted floats engineered by Kern Studios, the same company that has created floats for the iconic New Orleans celebration since 1947.
Guests can also enjoy authentic Cajun cuisine at The French Quarter Courtyard and performances by bands pulled straight from Bourbon Street.
New to this year’s event, all food and beverage items will be served as a tasting size, allowing guests to experience a variety of classic New Orleans dishes throughout their visit. Enjoy gumbo, jambalaya, po boys, and new menu items including: frog legs, crab etouffee, and craft beer flights featuring regional brews from Louisiana.
The party also includes nightly concerts by Mardi Gras New Orleans bands:
Feb. 9 – Feb. 17: Dirty Bourbon River Show
Feb. 18 – Feb. 27: Naughty Professor Brass Band
Feb. 28 – March 18: Free Agents Brass Band featuring Honey Bannister
March 19 – April 4: New Breed Brass Band
For 13 select nights during the event, guests can even enjoy performances by some of the biggest names in music, including GRAMMY award-winning rapper, Macklemore, globally renowned superstar, Pitbull, chart-topping country music duo Dan + Shay and Latin superstar Becky G.
Here is the concert schedule:
Feb. 9 – BUSH
Feb. 16 – Gavin DeGraw
Feb. 17 – Dan + Shay
Feb. 23 – Macklemore
March 2 – Sabrina Carpenter
March 9 – Becky G
March 10 – Sean Paul
March 16 – Steve Miller Band
March 17 – Ziggy Marley
March 23 – NF
March 24 – Pitbull
March 30 – Bazzi
March 31 – To be announced
Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras celebration is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida or with an Annual Pass. Passholders get awesome perks during Mardi Gras like an exclusive parade viewing area, float riding opportunities and more.
For more information on Mardi Gras, visit universalorlando.com/mardigras.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019