The Florida Strawberry Festival returns to Plant City February 28 through March 10, 2019, featuring food, rides, and headliner entertainment.
As the name implies, the strawberry is the main attraction at this fair. There are so many ways to enjoy this sweet treat at the fest, but diehards say you must do at least one shortcake version.
There’s also plenty of new food dishes to try, such as:
Maple Cotton Candy
Meig’s Concessions has created a one-of-a-kind sweet treat that is sure to be a crowd favorite.
The fluffy mounds of maple deliciousness will melt in your mouth.
Black Forrest Funnel Cake
Voted best all-around funnel cake layered with chocolate whipped icing and fresh cut
Hawaiian Honey Cones
This gluten-free and organic treat is made with Hokkaido Style vanilla ice cream and is a healthy
alternative to traditional sugar-based cones. The unique J shape cone is a sight to see and taste!
Strawberry Dole Whip
A refreshing, cool and creamy strawberry whip that is kosher and vegan.
Strawberry Blast Burger
Featuring a strawberry doughnut, this burger is sure to hit the sweet spot! Layered with Gouda
cheese, bacon, lettuce, onion and drizzled with a strawberry relish and sweet strawberry mayo,
it’s also available nestled between two toasted brioche buns.
The Happy Dough Company
Calling all cookie dough lovers! This vendor offers an edible cookie dough which is sure to
please. For fried food lovers, this treat also comes dipped and piping hot straight from the
fryer. They also offer a crispy, crunchy cookie dough crumble cannoli.
Strawberry Cheesecake Quesadilla
A traditional quesadilla gets a twist- filled with layers of cheesecake, strawberry glaze and
graham crackers. The dish is topped with a mound of whipped cream, sprinkled with graham
cracker crumbles and topped with a delicious, red ripe strawberry.
Admission to the Florida Strawberry Festival is $10 adults, $6 children ages 5-12, and under 5 are free. There are also special days with discounted admission and/or ride bands. Plus you can save $2 off adult admissions by buying them at Publix.
Most headliner concerts are a separate ticket in addition to gate admission.
Visit flstrawberryfestival.com for more details.
One final note about attending the Florida Strawberry Festival: there is no official parking lot. Parking is provided by churches, schools, and such, surrounding the festival grounds. They do charge fees to park, which go up the closer you park to the festival.
- Spooky Empire Cancels 2020 Events and Announces 2021 Dates .. #SpookyEmpire #HorrorConventions - July 12, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020