Not that you need a reason to enjoy a margarita, but tomorrow, February 22, is recognized as National Margarita Day. In celebration, I’ve put together this list of places to enjoy the holiday.
According to legend, a socialite named Margarita Sames created the first margarita in 1948 at her hacienda in Acapulco, Mexico. She mixed together tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice, which today remains the basic recipe for a margarita.
Over 70 years later, the margarita is one of the top 3 cocktails in the U.S., and, according to the Food Network, on average, over 185,000 margaritas are consumed every hour in this country.
The only thing you need to decide is salt or sugar rim…
Agave Azul (Orlando and Winter Park)
– $6 House Margaritas & $4 House Tequila Shooters all day
Chuy’s (All Central Florida Locations)
– Enjoy $1 off Top-Shelf Skinny Ritas all day
– Top off your favorite Rita with $1 Floaters all day
– Festivities also include Happy Hour from 4-7 p.m. with drink specials and a FREE fully-loaded Nacho Car, filled with salsa, queso, ground sirloin and more
– Post a photo on National Margarita Day with #ChuysRitaDay, and you could win FREE Tex-Mex for two!
Cocina 214 (Winter Park and Daytona Beach)
– $5 214 Rocks and 214 Frozen Margaritas
Don Julio Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar (Orlando and Lake Mary)
– $5 Margaritas all day
Duffy’s Sports Grill (All Central Florida Locations)
– $2 Classic and $6 Patron Margaritas all day
El Patron, Lake Buena Vista
– From 3pm to 6pm get $4 House Margaritas
Frontera Cocina, Disney Springs
– $5 Frontera Margaritas all day
LandShark Bar & Grill, Daytona Beach
– From 4-6pm enjoy $3.99 House Margaritas and $1 Floaters.
– Margaritaville University is at 4pm, with the grand toast at 5pm
Margaritaville Restaurant, Universal Orlando CityWalk
– From 4-6pm enjoy $3.99 traditional margaritas, $2.00 float Gran Gala and $5.99 fried pickles. – – – Also, don’t miss the 4pm class on how to make the perfect margarita and the 5 o’clock somewhere Great Margarita Toast.
On the Border (All Central Florida Locations)
– $4 1800 Gran ‘Ritas and 99 cent Meltdown Floaters all day
– Pair it with $8.99 Endless Tacos
Pepe’s Cantina Church Street, Orlando
– $2.99 House Margaritas all day
Do you have any favorite places in Central Florida to enjoy a margarita? Let us know in the comments.
However – and wherever – you celebrate National Margarita Day, please do so responsibly and never drink and drive.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021