Not that you need a reason to enjoy a margarita, but tomorrow, February 22, is recognized as National Margarita Day. In celebration, I’ve put together this list of places to enjoy the holiday.
According to legend, a socialite named Margarita Sames created the first margarita in 1948 at her hacienda in Acapulco, Mexico. She mixed together tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice, which today remains the basic recipe for a margarita.
Over 70 years later, the margarita is one of the top 3 cocktails in the U.S., and, according to the Food Network, on average, over 185,000 margaritas are consumed every hour in this country.
The only thing you need to decide is salt or sugar rim…
Agave Azul (Orlando and Winter Park)
– $6 House Margaritas & $4 House Tequila Shooters all day
Chuy’s (All Central Florida Locations)
– Enjoy $1 off Top-Shelf Skinny Ritas all day
– Top off your favorite Rita with $1 Floaters all day
– Festivities also include Happy Hour from 4-7 p.m. with drink specials and a FREE fully-loaded Nacho Car, filled with salsa, queso, ground sirloin and more
– Post a photo on National Margarita Day with #ChuysRitaDay, and you could win FREE Tex-Mex for two!
Cocina 214 (Winter Park and Daytona Beach)
– $5 214 Rocks and 214 Frozen Margaritas
Don Julio Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar (Orlando and Lake Mary)
– $5 Margaritas all day
Duffy’s Sports Grill (All Central Florida Locations)
– $2 Classic and $6 Patron Margaritas all day
El Patron, Lake Buena Vista
– From 3pm to 6pm get $4 House Margaritas
Frontera Cocina, Disney Springs
– $5 Frontera Margaritas all day
LandShark Bar & Grill, Daytona Beach
– From 4-6pm enjoy $3.99 House Margaritas and $1 Floaters.
– Margaritaville University is at 4pm, with the grand toast at 5pm
Margaritaville Restaurant, Universal Orlando CityWalk
– From 4-6pm enjoy $3.99 traditional margaritas, $2.00 float Gran Gala and $5.99 fried pickles. – – – Also, don’t miss the 4pm class on how to make the perfect margarita and the 5 o’clock somewhere Great Margarita Toast.
On the Border (All Central Florida Locations)
– $4 1800 Gran ‘Ritas and 99 cent Meltdown Floaters all day
– Pair it with $8.99 Endless Tacos
Pepe’s Cantina Church Street, Orlando
– $2.99 House Margaritas all day
Do you have any favorite places in Central Florida to enjoy a margarita? Let us know in the comments.
However – and wherever – you celebrate National Margarita Day, please do so responsibly and never drink and drive.
- Gator Week Returns To Wild Florida With Free Admission And More May 23-28, 2022 .. @WildFlorida #WildFlorida #GatorWeek - May 16, 2022
- Viva La Música Returns To SeaWorld Orlando Weekends May 14-23, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #VivaLaMusica - May 11, 2022
- Gatorpalooza Returns to Gatorland May 14-15, 2022 .. @Gatorland #Gatorland #OrlandoAttractions #Gatorpalooza - May 10, 2022
- MegaCon Orlando 2022 Hosts All-Star Line-Up Of Guests, Panels, and More May 19-22 at Orange County Convention Center .. @MegaConOrlando #LOTR #StarTrek #StarWars #MEGACONOrlando - May 9, 2022
- Monster Jam World Finals XXI Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 21-22, 2022 + We Have a Discount Code .. #MonsterJam #MonsterTrucks #OrlandoSports - May 6, 2022
- Weekly Sunset Market to Launch at Pointe Orlando May 6 .. #SunsetMarket #OrlandoMarkets #PointeOrlando #GetToThePointe #VisitOrlando - May 3, 2022
- ‘Beautiful – The Carole King Musical’ Returns to Orlando’s Dr Phillips Center May 13-15, 2022 .. @beautifulonbway @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries #OrlandoArts - May 2, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2022 .. #MothersDay #OrlandoRestaurants #VisitOrlando - May 1, 2022
- Several Orlando Restaurants Offering Wildflower Seeds on Earth Day .. #DisneySprings #4RiversSmokehouse #EarthDay - April 22, 2022
- ‘Rockin’ Robinson’ Free Music Fest Returns to Orlando’s Milk District May 7, 2022 .. @TheMilkDistrict #RockinRobinson #OrlandoMusic - April 19, 2022