Chef José Andrés will open two restaurants at Disney Springs on the West Side this winter, and we have details on each.
Jaleo by José Andrés will be his newest and largest restaurant to date, with an emphasis on Spanish cuisine.
The idea of Jaleo, the Spanish word for “revelry,” inspires the large, family-style gathering space, inviting guests to share tapas and sangria, or enjoy the more elegant central seating for paellas and grilled meats, anchored by the restaurant’s open kitchen and wood fire grill.
Menu highlights will include a variety of authentic paellas cooked over a wood fire, plus other Spanish specialties such as hand-carved Jamón Ibérico de Bellota and wood-grilled Ibérico pork, Gambas al ajillo, shrimp sautéed with garlic and chili, and Croquetas de Pollo.
Occupying the front-corner of Jaleo will be a quick-service eatery called Pepe by José Andrés, serving up a Spanish street-food-inspired menu.
An extension of his existing, and much-loved food truck concept, the restaurant will feature hot and cold Spanish-style sandwiches, including bocatas and bikinis, showcasing the best of José’s native Spain.
Additionally, salads, soups and sides, along with Spanish sangria will be served, rounding out the menu.
Based on the colorful iconography of Spain, the architectural form of the building that houses both Jaleo and Pepe is inspired by an artichoke, a vegetable native to José’s homeland.
The freestanding, two-story building is completely open to the outside, with large windows offering views of the lake while protecting diners from the sun. It sits opposite Splitsville, on the grounds of the former Wolfgang Puck restaurants.
We’ll have more information on the menus and more as the opening dates loom closer, but I’m already excited to visit both restaurants and try the food. How about you?
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023