Chef José Andrés will open two restaurants at Disney Springs on the West Side this winter, and we have details on each.
Jaleo by José Andrés will be his newest and largest restaurant to date, with an emphasis on Spanish cuisine.
The idea of Jaleo, the Spanish word for “revelry,” inspires the large, family-style gathering space, inviting guests to share tapas and sangria, or enjoy the more elegant central seating for paellas and grilled meats, anchored by the restaurant’s open kitchen and wood fire grill.
Menu highlights will include a variety of authentic paellas cooked over a wood fire, plus other Spanish specialties such as hand-carved Jamón Ibérico de Bellota and wood-grilled Ibérico pork, Gambas al ajillo, shrimp sautéed with garlic and chili, and Croquetas de Pollo.
Occupying the front-corner of Jaleo will be a quick-service eatery called Pepe by José Andrés, serving up a Spanish street-food-inspired menu.
An extension of his existing, and much-loved food truck concept, the restaurant will feature hot and cold Spanish-style sandwiches, including bocatas and bikinis, showcasing the best of José’s native Spain.
Additionally, salads, soups and sides, along with Spanish sangria will be served, rounding out the menu.
Based on the colorful iconography of Spain, the architectural form of the building that houses both Jaleo and Pepe is inspired by an artichoke, a vegetable native to José’s homeland.
The freestanding, two-story building is completely open to the outside, with large windows offering views of the lake while protecting diners from the sun. It sits opposite Splitsville, on the grounds of the former Wolfgang Puck restaurants.
We’ll have more information on the menus and more as the opening dates loom closer, but I’m already excited to visit both restaurants and try the food. How about you?
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney on Broadway Concert from Epcot Jan 25, 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney - January 25, 2020
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare To Celebrate Chinese New Year Jan 25, 2020 .. #EatatHawkers - January 24, 2020
- First Look at ‘Harmonious’ Coming Epcot in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot - January 24, 2020
- ICON Park to Host Free Pro-Football Fan Nights Jan 24-25, 2020 .. @IconParkOrlando - January 23, 2020
- Space 220 Restaurant to Open Soon at Epcot - January 22, 2020
- Lucky’s Market to Close Nearly All Central Florida Stores by February 2020 .. @LuckysMarket - January 21, 2020
- Poo-Pourri Giant Poo Experience Tour to Make Orlando Stop January 24-26, 2020 .. @PooPourri - January 21, 2020
- 2020 AMP’d Series Showcases Local Talent at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr - January 20, 2020
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends In January and February 2020 .. #BuiltForKids @LegolandFlorida - January 19, 2020
- Disney’s ALADDIN Tour Members To Host ‘SONGS FROM A WHOLE NEW WORLD’ Benefit on Jan 27, 2020 .. @aladdin - January 18, 2020