Chef José Andrés will open two restaurants at Disney Springs on the West Side this winter, and we have details on each.
Jaleo by José Andrés will be his newest and largest restaurant to date, with an emphasis on Spanish cuisine.
The idea of Jaleo, the Spanish word for “revelry,” inspires the large, family-style gathering space, inviting guests to share tapas and sangria, or enjoy the more elegant central seating for paellas and grilled meats, anchored by the restaurant’s open kitchen and wood fire grill.
Menu highlights will include a variety of authentic paellas cooked over a wood fire, plus other Spanish specialties such as hand-carved Jamón Ibérico de Bellota and wood-grilled Ibérico pork, Gambas al ajillo, shrimp sautéed with garlic and chili, and Croquetas de Pollo.
Occupying the front-corner of Jaleo will be a quick-service eatery called Pepe by José Andrés, serving up a Spanish street-food-inspired menu.
An extension of his existing, and much-loved food truck concept, the restaurant will feature hot and cold Spanish-style sandwiches, including bocatas and bikinis, showcasing the best of José’s native Spain.
Additionally, salads, soups and sides, along with Spanish sangria will be served, rounding out the menu.
Based on the colorful iconography of Spain, the architectural form of the building that houses both Jaleo and Pepe is inspired by an artichoke, a vegetable native to José’s homeland.
The freestanding, two-story building is completely open to the outside, with large windows offering views of the lake while protecting diners from the sun. It sits opposite Splitsville, on the grounds of the former Wolfgang Puck restaurants.
We’ll have more information on the menus and more as the opening dates loom closer, but I’m already excited to visit both restaurants and try the food. How about you?
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019
- Busch Gardens Tampa 2019 Food & Wine Fest Starts this Weekend @BuschGardens #CorksAndCoasters - March 16, 2019
- Swamp Sistas Host La La Charity Brunch for Second Harvest March 24, 2019 @SwampSistas @feedhopenow - March 15, 2019
- Pi Day 2019 Pie Deals in the Orlando Area #PiDay - March 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises 2019 Ticket Prices During Peak Periods - March 13, 2019
- Universal Orlando Releases New Details For Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - March 12, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Water Park Opens for 2019 Season #BuiltForKids - March 11, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day 2019 - March 10, 2019
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Aug 29, 2019 #WaltDisneyWorld #GalaxysEdge - March 7, 2019