Chef José Andrés will open two restaurants at Disney Springs on the West Side this winter, and we have details on each.
Jaleo by José Andrés will be his newest and largest restaurant to date, with an emphasis on Spanish cuisine.
The idea of Jaleo, the Spanish word for “revelry,” inspires the large, family-style gathering space, inviting guests to share tapas and sangria, or enjoy the more elegant central seating for paellas and grilled meats, anchored by the restaurant’s open kitchen and wood fire grill.
Menu highlights will include a variety of authentic paellas cooked over a wood fire, plus other Spanish specialties such as hand-carved Jamón Ibérico de Bellota and wood-grilled Ibérico pork, Gambas al ajillo, shrimp sautéed with garlic and chili, and Croquetas de Pollo.
Occupying the front-corner of Jaleo will be a quick-service eatery called Pepe by José Andrés, serving up a Spanish street-food-inspired menu.
An extension of his existing, and much-loved food truck concept, the restaurant will feature hot and cold Spanish-style sandwiches, including bocatas and bikinis, showcasing the best of José’s native Spain.
Additionally, salads, soups and sides, along with Spanish sangria will be served, rounding out the menu.
Based on the colorful iconography of Spain, the architectural form of the building that houses both Jaleo and Pepe is inspired by an artichoke, a vegetable native to José’s homeland.
The freestanding, two-story building is completely open to the outside, with large windows offering views of the lake while protecting diners from the sun. It sits opposite Splitsville, on the grounds of the former Wolfgang Puck restaurants.
We’ll have more information on the menus and more as the opening dates loom closer, but I’m already excited to visit both restaurants and try the food. How about you?
- SeaWorld Parks and Busch Gardens Offer Free Admission To U.S. Veterans And Families - May 22, 2019
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019