Chef José Andrés will open two restaurants at Disney Springs on the West Side this winter, and we have details on each.
Jaleo by José Andrés will be his newest and largest restaurant to date, with an emphasis on Spanish cuisine.
The idea of Jaleo, the Spanish word for “revelry,” inspires the large, family-style gathering space, inviting guests to share tapas and sangria, or enjoy the more elegant central seating for paellas and grilled meats, anchored by the restaurant’s open kitchen and wood fire grill.
Menu highlights will include a variety of authentic paellas cooked over a wood fire, plus other Spanish specialties such as hand-carved Jamón Ibérico de Bellota and wood-grilled Ibérico pork, Gambas al ajillo, shrimp sautéed with garlic and chili, and Croquetas de Pollo.
Occupying the front-corner of Jaleo will be a quick-service eatery called Pepe by José Andrés, serving up a Spanish street-food-inspired menu.
An extension of his existing, and much-loved food truck concept, the restaurant will feature hot and cold Spanish-style sandwiches, including bocatas and bikinis, showcasing the best of José’s native Spain.
Additionally, salads, soups and sides, along with Spanish sangria will be served, rounding out the menu.
Based on the colorful iconography of Spain, the architectural form of the building that houses both Jaleo and Pepe is inspired by an artichoke, a vegetable native to José’s homeland.
The freestanding, two-story building is completely open to the outside, with large windows offering views of the lake while protecting diners from the sun. It sits opposite Splitsville, on the grounds of the former Wolfgang Puck restaurants.
We’ll have more information on the menus and more as the opening dates loom closer, but I’m already excited to visit both restaurants and try the food. How about you?
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019