Celebrating 75 years of tradition and rodeo, the 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo returns to the Silver Spurs Arena at Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee the weekend of Feb 15-17, 2019.
Silver Spurs Rodeo is the largest rodeo east of the Mississippi, and is the work of the Silver Spurs Riding Club, an all-volunteer organization started in 1941 by Osceola County ranchers. They began the rodeo in 1944, selling war bonds as admission to raise funds for our military.
The rodeo is still going strong, and offers competitions of various talents, including all seven traditional rodeo events: bull riding, saddle bronc riding, bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, tie down roping, and barrel racing.
In between all the rodeo action, there will be an act by the rodeo clown and the famous and fast Silver Spurs Quadrille team who perform a square dance on horseback. The Calf Scramble, a beloved Silver Spurs tradition, takes place about half-way through, when children between the ages of 6 to 10 are invited onto the dirt and chase a calf’s tail for a $5 prize.
Known as one of the best indoor rodeos of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA), the Silver Spurs Rodeo draws contestants from all over the nation to compete for $100,000 in prize money.
Tickets are $20 per person, with kids 10 and under free for the shows Friday and Saturday at 7:30pm. Tickets are $15 per person for the shows Sunday at 2pm, with kids 10 and under free.
All Silver Spurs Rodeo tickets also include free same-day admission to the Osceola County Fair, which runs adjacent to the arena.
The Silver Spurs Rodeo is held at the Silver Spurs Arena at Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee. For more information, or to purchase advance tickets, visit silverspursrodeo.com or call 407-67-RODEO (76336).
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020
- Enzian Theater Now Offers On Demand Streaming of Indie Movies .. @EnzianTheater @bacuraufilme @TheBandFilm @TheWhistlers #saintfrances - March 29, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020
- Where to Find Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery in the Orlando Area .. #SupportLocalRestaurants #GoodToGoOrlando #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - March 28, 2020
- Crayola Experience Orlando Launches Search for “Kid CEO for the Day” .. @VisitCrayolaORL @VisitCrayola - March 27, 2020