Last year we reported that FDOT was planning to put an off-ramp where the Crossroad Shopping Center sits in Lake Buena Vista, but it appears that the tenants will have a little more time.
Florida Department of Transportation officials, Crossroads tenants, and the property’s owner met in Orange County district court last week in the first eminent domain hearing for the 29-acre property.
Deals have now been made with most of the current tenants in a transaction that will cost FDOT at least $146.9 million, court documents show. Deals with property owner U.S. Cities Fund and tenant Gooding’s Supermarket still have to be made.
As part of the arrangement, tenants at the property will be allowed to remain rent-free at the Crossroads center until at least the end of August 2021.
I’m happy to hear of the extension, as I frequent restaurants in this center like On the Border, Noodles, and Taco Bell.
- Florida Strawberry Festival Brings The Yum To Plant City Feb 28-Mar 10, 2019 #BerryFest19 - February 20, 2019
- MegaCon Orlando Brings Star-Studded Fandom Fun May 16-19, 2019 #MegaConOrlando19 - February 19, 2019
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019
- Weekend of the Arts Festival Returns to Winter Park Feb 15-18, 2019 #WPInspires - February 10, 2019