Orlando Shakes in partnership with UCF presents 2017 Tony nominee, A DOLL’S HOUSE, PART 2, at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 East Rollins Street) select nights Jan 2 – Feb 3, 2019.
In the final scene of Ibsen’s 1879 groundbreaking masterwork, A Doll’s House, Nora Helmer makes the shocking decision to leave her husband and children, and begin a life on her own. This climactic event—when Nora slams the door on everything in her life—instantly propelled world drama into the modern age.
In A Doll’s House, Part 2, many years have passed since Nora’s exit. Now, there’s a knock on that same door. Nora has returned. But why? And what will it mean for those she left behind?
“A comedic send-up of Ibsen’s original dramatic script, Lucas Hnath’s A Doll’s House, Part 2 is a continuation of Nora’s journey,” Director Cynthia White explains.
Orlando Shakes’ A Doll’s House, Part 2 features:
- Suzanne O’Donnell as Nora. O’Donnell first season at Orlando Shakes was in 1993 in As You Like It and Comedy of Errors. Shakespeare credits at Orlando Shakes include: The Merry Wives of Windsor, The Winter’s Tale, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Henry IV Part 1, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, Hamlet, Othello, Much Ado About Nothing, and The Taming of the Shrew.
- Steven Lane as Torvald. Lane was last seen at Orlando Shakes in The Luckiest People. Other Orlando Shakes credits include The Hound of the Baskervilles,Dancing Lessons, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, A Christmas Carol, Into the Woods and his all time favorite play, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby.
- Anne Hering as Anne Marie. Hering has appeared in recent Orlando Shakes productions of Shakespeare in Love, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Vanya, Sonia, Masha & Spike, Bakersfield Mist, Bad Dog, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby, Sense and Sensibility, and more. Hering is Director of Education at Orlando Shakes.
- Ana Martinez Medina as Emmy. Medina was last seen at Orlando Shakes in In the Heights and The Jungle Book.
Director Cynthia White’s directing credits at Orlando Shakes include Native Gardens, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Dancing Lessons. White is Orlando Shakes’ Director of New Play Development, introducing new plays to Orlando Shakes through PlayFest presented by Harriett’s Charitable Trust.
The artistic team also includes Scenic & Lighting Designer Stephen Jones, Costume Designer Denise R. Warner, and Sound Designer Britt Sandusky.
Preview Dates: January 2 & 3 at 7:30pm
Opening Date: January 4 at 7:30pm
Senior Matinees: January 9, 16, 23 & 30 at 2pm
Talk Back Performance: January 20 at 2pm
Opening Night Party & Pre-Show Chat – Friday, January 4
Arrive at 6:15pm to enjoy free light appetizers, followed by a brief, informative discussion about the creative process with the director and members of the creative team. Free to all opening night ticket holders. No RSVP necessary.
Tickets start at $30 for regular performances and $18 for Preview Performances and Senior Matinees.
They are available now by phone (407) 447-1700 ext. 1, online at orlandoshakes.org, or in person at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 East Rollins Street).
Show schedule is Wednesdays – Saturdays at 7:30pm, and Saturdays and Sundays at 2pm.
DISCOUNTS: (May not be combined with any other offers)
Group Sales: 20% off groups of 10+
Student Rush: $15 – 30 minutes prior to show w/ valid student ID
Student and Active/Retired Military: $10 off single ticket prices w/ valid ID (Only available in Price Levels A and B)
$25 Under 35: Patrons under 35 years old can purchase $25 tickets for evening and weekend matinee performances during January 16-20. Call the Box Office at (407) 447-1700 ext. 1 or purchase online with code word: 25UNDER35 (Only available in Price Levels B and C.)
If it were a movie, A Doll’s House, Part 2 would be rated “PG-13”. Children under 5 will not be admitted to the theater.
A Doll’s House, Part 2 is presented by Orlando Shakes Guild. This project is funded in part by Orange County Government through the Arts & Cultural Affairs Program.
Orlando Shakes is supported by United Arts of Central Florida, host of OrlandoAtPlay.com and UAArtsEd.com. This project is sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs, the Florida Council on Arts and Culture, and the State of Florida.
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts #Otronicon Edition of Science Night Live Jan 19, 2019 - January 10, 2019
- Aquatica® Orlando Becomes First Water Park In The World To Be A Certified Autism Center - January 9, 2019
- Go Back 20 Years with The Pauses 1998 Tribute Show Weekend at Will’s Pub Jan 11-12 - January 8, 2019
- Monster Jam Returns to Camping World Stadium Jan 19, 2019 #MonsterJam - January 7, 2019