In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up: several openings, special deals, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
Sanford’s Wondermade is opening a seasonal pop-up store at the North Quarter Market (885 N Orange Ave,), near downtown Orlando, on December 8, 2018. They’ll be offering ice cream, serving up s’mores, and selling boxes of their famous marshmallows, along with their line of hot chocolates and an assortment of chocolates and candies.
Temporary Hours of Operations
M-Th, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Fr-Sa, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
December 17 – January 5
M-Th, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Fr-Sa, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Closed Sundays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
PokéStop will be hosting its grand opening party on Saturday, Dec. 8. Located n the Jimmy Johns Plaza on University Blvd, Near UCF, this new eatery will be offering 50% off entire menu, plus first 50 customers will have a choice of Sushi Rolls, Poké Bowls, or Poké Tacos FREE.
Orange County Brewers is hosting an Ugly Sweater Party on Dec. 8 from 5-9pm. Your ugly sweater gets you 25% off two new releases Bock that Ass Up Bock and A Danny White Christmas Witbier.
Huey Magoo’s will host its annual “A Very Magoo’s Christmas” on Saturday, December 8 at all Central Florida locations (except UCF Student Union). During the event, 15% of proceeds from each participating location will benefit Christmas Dreams, who provide Christmas experiences all year for children and families battling life threatening illness.
Diners will receive a coupon for a free 3-piece tender meal to be used on their next visit (good through January 2019). Guests also have the opportunity to share their support and post a holiday Magoo selfie to their favorite social site.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts brings back its “Day of the Dozens” holiday tradition next Wednesday December 12, with one of its sweetest offers of the season. On that day only, fans can purchase one dozen of the iconic Original Glazed® doughnuts for just $1 with the purchase of any dozen at participating shops across the United States.
Krispy Kreme Shops in Central Florida
- Krispy Kreme Winter Park – 1031 S. Orlando Avenue (17-92), Winter Park, FL 32789
- Krispy Kreme Millenia – 4080 Millenia Blvd., Orlando, FL 32939
- Krispy Kreme Kissimmee – East – 5310 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, (192 / Mile Marker 11.5), Kissimmee, FL 34746
- Krispy Kreme Kissimmee – West – 7930 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, (192 / Mile Marker 4.5), Kissimmee, Florida
- Krispy Kreme Melbourne – 2040 N Wickham Rd, Melbourne, FL 32935
- Krispy Kreme Daytona Beach – 980 W Intl. Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
The Day of Dozens offer is limited to two per customer. Show how you’re celebrating “Day of the Dozens” and share your excitement using #DayofDozens and tagging @KrispyKremeORL on local social media platforms.
Chicken Salad Chick is opening its 4th Orlando area location yesterday in Lake Mary. The brand will celebrate its grand opening with giveaways and specials throughout the week that include:
- Wednesday, December 5 – The first 100 guests to purchase a Chick Special will be automatically enrolled in the Free Chicken Salad of the Month Club. Each guest will receive one free scoop of chicken salad per month for a year.
- Thursday, December 6 – The first 50 guests to purchase a Chick Trio will receive a free 30oz. RTIC Chick tumbler.
- Friday, December 7 – Free Upgrade Friday – The first 100 guests to purchase a Chick Special will receive a free upgrade to a Chick Trio.
- Saturday, December 8 – The first 50 guests to purchase two large Quick Chicks will receive a free Chick cooler.
Chicken Salad Chick in Lake Mary will be open Monday – Saturday from 10:30am – 8pm.
The Hammered Lamb owners Jason Lambert and Joe Colón-Acevedo have announced plans to open a 24-hour diner next door called Jack and Honey’s. Look for it to open next spring at the earliest – we’ll let you know when we hear something more.
That’s it for this week. If you have any Central Florida dining news to share, drop it in comments or send it to us via our contact form. We’ll credit you if we use it.
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019