Florida’s Orange County has made it easier to get into the holiday spirit by putting together the new Bright Lights Big County: OCPA Holiday Lights Crowdsourced Map.
The crowdsourced map is located within the Orange County Property Appraiser’s website, and can be reached by clicking on the graphic on the home page. This map is for both homeowners and sightseers.
Individuals can submit their Orange County holiday decorated properties to the Bright Lights Big County: OCPA Holiday Lights Crowdsourced Map and once approved, the homes & businesses will show up on the map for users to visit in person.
To submit a listing of your decorated exterior: Take a high-quality photo of your decorated home/property at night. Cameras on most cell phones will do fine. On the map, click on the red “Submit Holiday Lights Display” button and provide all the required information. Then, agree to the terms and conditions, and click “SUBMIT.” They will review the photo, verify the address, and add it to the map within 1-2 days.
Sightseers: Before you load up the car with family and friends and head out to look at lights, make a note of the addresses of the homes and businesses on the map so you will know some good ones to go see. And check back during the holiday season, as more decorated locations will be added daily.
The map is live and will remain accessible until the new year.
“We are pleased to be able to provide this service to our friends and neighbors,” said Rick Singh, Orange County’s property appraiser.
For more information, to add a location, or to access the map to see where the bright lights are, visit ocpafl.org/PressRoom/HolidayPromo.aspx.
- Walt Disney World Raises Prices for Annual Passes Ahead of ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ Opening - June 18, 2019
- Iration to Bring ‘Live From Paradise!’ Tour to Central Florida for Two Shows July 2019 @Iration - June 17, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Toy Story Drop!’ Summer Pop-Up Experience Opens at #Disney Springs - June 16, 2019
- Pointe Orlando Announces Upcoming ‘Tranformative Redevelopment’ @PointeOrlando - June 15, 2019
- Disney Springs Offers ‘Flavors of Florida’ Promotion This Summer @DisneySprings #DisneyDining - June 14, 2019
- Sonny’s BBQ Launches Limited Time Smoke & Fire Menu for Summer @SonnysBBQ - June 11, 2019
- The Fortress at Full Sail University Hosts NBA 2K League Presents THE TICKET June 13-15 @NBA2KLeague @FullSail - June 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2019 #FathersDay - June 9, 2019
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Appoints Interim Executive Director @OrlandoPhilOrch - June 8, 2019
- 2019 Pulse Memorials And Events in Central Florida #OrlandoUnitedDay #ActLoveGive - June 7, 2019