Florida’s Orange County has made it easier to get into the holiday spirit by putting together the new Bright Lights Big County: OCPA Holiday Lights Crowdsourced Map.
The crowdsourced map is located within the Orange County Property Appraiser’s website, and can be reached by clicking on the graphic on the home page. This map is for both homeowners and sightseers.
Individuals can submit their Orange County holiday decorated properties to the Bright Lights Big County: OCPA Holiday Lights Crowdsourced Map and once approved, the homes & businesses will show up on the map for users to visit in person.
To submit a listing of your decorated exterior: Take a high-quality photo of your decorated home/property at night. Cameras on most cell phones will do fine. On the map, click on the red “Submit Holiday Lights Display” button and provide all the required information. Then, agree to the terms and conditions, and click “SUBMIT.” They will review the photo, verify the address, and add it to the map within 1-2 days.
Sightseers: Before you load up the car with family and friends and head out to look at lights, make a note of the addresses of the homes and businesses on the map so you will know some good ones to go see. And check back during the holiday season, as more decorated locations will be added daily.
The map is live and will remain accessible until the new year.
“We are pleased to be able to provide this service to our friends and neighbors,” said Rick Singh, Orange County’s property appraiser.
For more information, to add a location, or to access the map to see where the bright lights are, visit ocpafl.org/PressRoom/HolidayPromo.aspx.
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019
- Orlando Shakes and Michael Andrew Bring to Life the World Premiere of Jack and the Beanstalk April 4 – May 4, 2019 @OrlandoShakes - March 25, 2019
- Walt Disney World Announces A New Pavilion and More Coming to #Epcot - March 24, 2019
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019