Florida’s Orange County has made it easier to get into the holiday spirit by putting together the new Bright Lights Big County: OCPA Holiday Lights Crowdsourced Map.
The crowdsourced map is located within the Orange County Property Appraiser’s website, and can be reached by clicking on the graphic on the home page. This map is for both homeowners and sightseers.
Individuals can submit their Orange County holiday decorated properties to the Bright Lights Big County: OCPA Holiday Lights Crowdsourced Map and once approved, the homes & businesses will show up on the map for users to visit in person.
To submit a listing of your decorated exterior: Take a high-quality photo of your decorated home/property at night. Cameras on most cell phones will do fine. On the map, click on the red “Submit Holiday Lights Display” button and provide all the required information. Then, agree to the terms and conditions, and click “SUBMIT.” They will review the photo, verify the address, and add it to the map within 1-2 days.
Sightseers: Before you load up the car with family and friends and head out to look at lights, make a note of the addresses of the homes and businesses on the map so you will know some good ones to go see. And check back during the holiday season, as more decorated locations will be added daily.
The map is live and will remain accessible until the new year.
“We are pleased to be able to provide this service to our friends and neighbors,” said Rick Singh, Orange County’s property appraiser.
For more information, to add a location, or to access the map to see where the bright lights are, visit ocpafl.org/PressRoom/HolidayPromo.aspx.
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020
- MEGACON Orlando Cancels Fall LIMITED EDITION and Announces 2021 Dates .. #MegaCon #MegaConOrlando - July 27, 2020