AutoNation, along with multi-platinum recording artist Andy Grammer, presented a check for $50,000 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) at this past weekend’s AutoNation Cure Bowl in Orlando.
After his performance at the AutoNation Cure Bowl Tailgate and Pre-Game Concert at Tinker Field, Andy Grammer, joined by Marc Cannon, EVP & CMO of AutoNation, and Alice Jackson, wife of AutoNation’s Chairman, CEO & President and BCRF Advisory Board Member, presented a check for $50,000 to Myra Biblowit, President & CEO of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and Kinga Lampert, Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
This money was raised through AutoNation and Andy Grammer’s partnership, which included a fall tour, The Good Parts Tour: Driven by AutoNation, during which Grammer collected $5 from each ticket sold in AutoNation markets to donate to BCRF.
View this post on Instagram
Just played the @curebowl with @autonation supporting #drivepink – leaving the stadium I was surrounded by women decked out in pink who have survived breast cancer. They hugged me, gave me kisses and we took photos and loved on each other. Being around moms always gets me. Sending love to anyone who has been touched by breast cancer, and of course sending love to my mom wherever she’s at. #missyoumom #weraisedALOTofmoneythisyearforbreastcancer
Following the first quarter, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation presented a check for $1.1 million dollars, representing their three-year cumulative contribution, to Dr. Annette Khaled, Professor & Cancer Division Head at the University of Central Florida’s College of Medicine.
Dr. Khaled is a BCRF funded researcher and these grants have continued to fuel the ground-breaking research BCRF supports in achieving its mission to be the end of breast cancer.
During halftime, breast cancer survivors, led by Allison Johnson, the mother of Matt Johnson from Season 15 of The Voice carried nine AutoNation Drive Pink quilts on to the field. The quilts are comprised of thousands of quilt squares, made by AutoNation Associates to honor loved ones touched by cancer.
Now in its fourth year, the AutoNation Cure Bowl benefits BCRF, the largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide. BCRF is also the highest rated breast cancer organization in the U.S. We look forward to its return next year.
Today was the fourth AutoNation @curebowl! Since 2015, the college bowl game has raised nearly $1M for BCRF researcher Dr. Annette Khaled of @ourmedschool. Thank you Dr. Khaled and to everyone who joined us today! Together we can #BeTheEnd of breast cancer. ? ? pic.twitter.com/NdyYVFb6i1
— BCRF Cure (@BCRFcure) December 16, 2018
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Hosts ‘Launch and a Movie’ Sept 29 .. #KSCVC #SpaceX @ExploreSpaceKSC - September 27, 2020
- Virginia Drive Live! Returns to Orlando September 26 .. #VirginaDriveLive #OrlandoEvents - September 23, 2020
- Orlando Weekly’s Taco Week Offers $5 Taco Deals Sept 23-Oct 7 .. #TacoWeek #Foodies @OrlandoWeekly - September 22, 2020
- 18th Annual Global Peace Film Festival Goes Virtual Sept 21-Oct 4 .. #GPFF2020 #PeaceFilmFest #OrlandoArts - September 21, 2020
- Melrose Film Festival 2020 is Free Online Sept 18 – 27 .. #MelroseCenter #OrlandoArts - September 18, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s Sip, Savor, & Stay Saturdays Kicks Off September 19 .. #SwanDolphin #Foodies - September 16, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020