AutoNation, along with multi-platinum recording artist Andy Grammer, presented a check for $50,000 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) at this past weekend’s AutoNation Cure Bowl in Orlando.
After his performance at the AutoNation Cure Bowl Tailgate and Pre-Game Concert at Tinker Field, Andy Grammer, joined by Marc Cannon, EVP & CMO of AutoNation, and Alice Jackson, wife of AutoNation’s Chairman, CEO & President and BCRF Advisory Board Member, presented a check for $50,000 to Myra Biblowit, President & CEO of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and Kinga Lampert, Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
This money was raised through AutoNation and Andy Grammer’s partnership, which included a fall tour, The Good Parts Tour: Driven by AutoNation, during which Grammer collected $5 from each ticket sold in AutoNation markets to donate to BCRF.
Following the first quarter, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation presented a check for $1.1 million dollars, representing their three-year cumulative contribution, to Dr. Annette Khaled, Professor & Cancer Division Head at the University of Central Florida’s College of Medicine.
Dr. Khaled is a BCRF funded researcher and these grants have continued to fuel the ground-breaking research BCRF supports in achieving its mission to be the end of breast cancer.
During halftime, breast cancer survivors, led by Allison Johnson, the mother of Matt Johnson from Season 15 of The Voice carried nine AutoNation Drive Pink quilts on to the field. The quilts are comprised of thousands of quilt squares, made by AutoNation Associates to honor loved ones touched by cancer.
Now in its fourth year, the AutoNation Cure Bowl benefits BCRF, the largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide. BCRF is also the highest rated breast cancer organization in the U.S. We look forward to its return next year.
Today was the fourth AutoNation @curebowl! Since 2015, the college bowl game has raised nearly $1M for BCRF researcher Dr. Annette Khaled of @ourmedschool. Thank you Dr. Khaled and to everyone who joined us today! Together we can #BeTheEnd of breast cancer. ? ? pic.twitter.com/NdyYVFb6i1
— BCRF Cure (@BCRFcure) December 16, 2018
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020