AutoNation, along with multi-platinum recording artist Andy Grammer, presented a check for $50,000 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) at this past weekend’s AutoNation Cure Bowl in Orlando.
After his performance at the AutoNation Cure Bowl Tailgate and Pre-Game Concert at Tinker Field, Andy Grammer, joined by Marc Cannon, EVP & CMO of AutoNation, and Alice Jackson, wife of AutoNation’s Chairman, CEO & President and BCRF Advisory Board Member, presented a check for $50,000 to Myra Biblowit, President & CEO of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and Kinga Lampert, Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
This money was raised through AutoNation and Andy Grammer’s partnership, which included a fall tour, The Good Parts Tour: Driven by AutoNation, during which Grammer collected $5 from each ticket sold in AutoNation markets to donate to BCRF.
Following the first quarter, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation presented a check for $1.1 million dollars, representing their three-year cumulative contribution, to Dr. Annette Khaled, Professor & Cancer Division Head at the University of Central Florida’s College of Medicine.
Dr. Khaled is a BCRF funded researcher and these grants have continued to fuel the ground-breaking research BCRF supports in achieving its mission to be the end of breast cancer.
During halftime, breast cancer survivors, led by Allison Johnson, the mother of Matt Johnson from Season 15 of The Voice carried nine AutoNation Drive Pink quilts on to the field. The quilts are comprised of thousands of quilt squares, made by AutoNation Associates to honor loved ones touched by cancer.
Now in its fourth year, the AutoNation Cure Bowl benefits BCRF, the largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide. BCRF is also the highest rated breast cancer organization in the U.S. We look forward to its return next year.
Today was the fourth AutoNation @curebowl! Since 2015, the college bowl game has raised nearly $1M for BCRF researcher Dr. Annette Khaled of @ourmedschool. Thank you Dr. Khaled and to everyone who joined us today! Together we can #BeTheEnd of breast cancer. ? ? pic.twitter.com/NdyYVFb6i1
— BCRF Cure (@BCRFcure) December 16, 2018
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts #Otronicon Edition of Science Night Live Jan 19, 2019 - January 10, 2019
- Aquatica® Orlando Becomes First Water Park In The World To Be A Certified Autism Center - January 9, 2019
- Go Back 20 Years with The Pauses 1998 Tribute Show Weekend at Will’s Pub Jan 11-12 - January 8, 2019
- Monster Jam Returns to Camping World Stadium Jan 19, 2019 #MonsterJam - January 7, 2019