AutoNation, along with multi-platinum recording artist Andy Grammer, presented a check for $50,000 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) at this past weekend’s AutoNation Cure Bowl in Orlando.
After his performance at the AutoNation Cure Bowl Tailgate and Pre-Game Concert at Tinker Field, Andy Grammer, joined by Marc Cannon, EVP & CMO of AutoNation, and Alice Jackson, wife of AutoNation’s Chairman, CEO & President and BCRF Advisory Board Member, presented a check for $50,000 to Myra Biblowit, President & CEO of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and Kinga Lampert, Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
This money was raised through AutoNation and Andy Grammer’s partnership, which included a fall tour, The Good Parts Tour: Driven by AutoNation, during which Grammer collected $5 from each ticket sold in AutoNation markets to donate to BCRF.
Following the first quarter, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation presented a check for $1.1 million dollars, representing their three-year cumulative contribution, to Dr. Annette Khaled, Professor & Cancer Division Head at the University of Central Florida’s College of Medicine.
Dr. Khaled is a BCRF funded researcher and these grants have continued to fuel the ground-breaking research BCRF supports in achieving its mission to be the end of breast cancer.
During halftime, breast cancer survivors, led by Allison Johnson, the mother of Matt Johnson from Season 15 of The Voice carried nine AutoNation Drive Pink quilts on to the field. The quilts are comprised of thousands of quilt squares, made by AutoNation Associates to honor loved ones touched by cancer.
Now in its fourth year, the AutoNation Cure Bowl benefits BCRF, the largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide. BCRF is also the highest rated breast cancer organization in the U.S. We look forward to its return next year.
Today was the fourth AutoNation @curebowl! Since 2015, the college bowl game has raised nearly $1M for BCRF researcher Dr. Annette Khaled of @ourmedschool. Thank you Dr. Khaled and to everyone who joined us today! Together we can #BeTheEnd of breast cancer. ? ? pic.twitter.com/NdyYVFb6i1
— BCRF Cure (@BCRFcure) December 16, 2018
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Saturday Night Competition Winners #MonsterJam - May 13, 2019