National Pulled Pork Day is October 12, and Sonny’s BBQ, which originated the food holiday, has created three limited-time menu items to celebrate.
CSO was invited this week to preview these items, and Sonny’s Head Pitmaster Bryan Mroczka has crafted some uniquely delicious dishes.
From October 12 to November 4, get to your local Sonny’s BBQ to enjoy the following:
Pork ‘N Donut ($7.99): Sonny’s takes its original slow-smoked Pulled Pork, drizzled with Sonny’s Sweet Sauce, and ditches the bun to stack it high on a Signature Sweet Tea-glazed donut. A tasty twist on the classic sandwich.
Sweeter Carolina ($8.99): The popular Sweet Carolina sandwich, featuring Sonny’s Pulled Pork topped with homemade coleslaw and Sonny’s Signature Carolina Sauce, all piled high on a Signature Sweet Tea-glazed donut. This is a mouthful of layers of flavor that are enhanced by the sweetness of the donut. Pro-Tip: Notch it up a little with a drizzle of Sonny’s Sweet and Sizzlin’ sauces, too.
Loaded Pulled Pork Tots ($7.99): Sonny’s takes crispy tater tots, seasoned with their Signature Pork rub, and piles on the Pulled Pork, queso, onion straws, and Sonny’s Sweet Sauce. This dish is big enough to share, but you may not want to. These are honestly the some of the best totchos I’ve ever had. Feel free to add extra sauce, as needed, but it’s delicious as is.
Sonny’s BBQ fans also have the chance to win FREE pulled pork for a year, by joining the mobile VIP club. To join the mobile VIP club, text PORK to 73165, follow the prompts, and you’ll be in the running for the grand prize. The contest will kick off on October 12.
Find your nearest Sonny’s BBQ at SonnysBBQ.com.
Disclaimer: I was hosted at a media preview of the new menu items. As always, my opinions are my own, and completely honest.
- The 28th Annual Florida Film Festival Announces Grand Jury and Audience Award Winners #FFF2019 - April 22, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Hosts Auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar National Tour on Saturday, April 20 @drphillipsctr #JesusChristSuperstar - April 18, 2019
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2019 Picks For Easter Dining And Family Fun In Orlando - April 16, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 10-11, 2019 #MonsterJam - April 15, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019