National Pulled Pork Day is October 12, and Sonny’s BBQ, which originated the food holiday, has created three limited-time menu items to celebrate.
CSO was invited this week to preview these items, and Sonny’s Head Pitmaster Bryan Mroczka has crafted some uniquely delicious dishes.
From October 12 to November 4, get to your local Sonny’s BBQ to enjoy the following:
Pork ‘N Donut ($7.99): Sonny’s takes its original slow-smoked Pulled Pork, drizzled with Sonny’s Sweet Sauce, and ditches the bun to stack it high on a Signature Sweet Tea-glazed donut. A tasty twist on the classic sandwich.
Sweeter Carolina ($8.99): The popular Sweet Carolina sandwich, featuring Sonny’s Pulled Pork topped with homemade coleslaw and Sonny’s Signature Carolina Sauce, all piled high on a Signature Sweet Tea-glazed donut. This is a mouthful of layers of flavor that are enhanced by the sweetness of the donut. Pro-Tip: Notch it up a little with a drizzle of Sonny’s Sweet and Sizzlin’ sauces, too.
Loaded Pulled Pork Tots ($7.99): Sonny’s takes crispy tater tots, seasoned with their Signature Pork rub, and piles on the Pulled Pork, queso, onion straws, and Sonny’s Sweet Sauce. This dish is big enough to share, but you may not want to. These are honestly the some of the best totchos I’ve ever had. Feel free to add extra sauce, as needed, but it’s delicious as is.
Sonny’s BBQ fans also have the chance to win FREE pulled pork for a year, by joining the mobile VIP club. To join the mobile VIP club, text PORK to 73165, follow the prompts, and you’ll be in the running for the grand prize. The contest will kick off on October 12.
Find your nearest Sonny’s BBQ at SonnysBBQ.com.
Disclaimer: I was hosted at a media preview of the new menu items. As always, my opinions are my own, and completely honest.
- Jersey Boys Opens 2018-2019 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season at Dr. Phillips Center Oct 30-Nov 4 @drphillipsctr - October 22, 2018
- Spooky Empire Brings Stars of X-Files, House of 1000 Corpses and More to October Event - October 18, 2018
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns for 9th Year Oct 26-28 - October 17, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018