Sometimes you want some delicious comfort food but don’t want to slave over a stove. If that’s you, head over to Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen for a mouthwatering feast.
I was recently invited to try some new menu items, as well as a few favorites, and I have to say I’m going to become a regular at Cheddar’s.
We started our tasting with the popular Onion Ring stack appetizer. These rings are huge! I was told when they cut the onions, they slide them over a small tube. If the ring can fit over the tube, it’s breaded and fried. If it doesn’t it gets chopped up to use in other dishes. And unlike most places there are definitely enough rings to share with the whole table.
From there, we tried the new Chicken Tender Parmesan, which features three breaded fried chicken tenders smothered in cheese and housemade marinara on a bed of spaghetti. Come hungry for this one because it’s a big plate of food. And delicious, too! It’ll definitely satisfy your Italian food craving.
Next up was the New Orleans Pasta, which I was told was a popular dish, even though it was new. It features shrimp, chicken, smoked sausage, peppers, onions and penne pasta tossed in spicy homemade Cajun Alfredo sauce. One bite, and I could see why it was so popular – it was like jambalaya in pasta form, and it had enough savory heat to tingle the taste buds.
Now, I should mention my dish had no shrimp in it because of a seafood allergy, but because every dish is made from scratch when you order, it was no problem for the chef to omit the ingredient.
Speaking of allergies, I was delighted to see that Cheddar’s offers a Chicken Pot Pie that doesn’t have mushrooms in it (which I’m also allergic to). But even if it had, the chef could’ve easily left it out since each dish is made from scratch when ordered.
When the dish did arrive, it was a large ramekin of filling with huge chunks of chicken, along with peas and carrots in a scratch-made cream sauce, all topped with a flaky crust draped over the top.
I enjoyed it so much, I ate the whole pot pie by myself. I did not share with the table and I do not regret it.
For the steak fans among you, you won’t be disappointed either. My guest had the 6oz Top Sirloin with two sides, and she said her steak was cooked as requested.
Now even after all that food, we were ready to try Cheddar’s new “mini-cakes”…and by mini, they mean big enough to share.
Chocolate fans will enjoy the Chocolate Raspberry Mini Cake, featuring homemade chocolate cake filled with raspberry preserves, drizzled with house-made fudge and topped with whipped cream and a cherry.
I, however, gravitated to the Cheddars Painkiller Mini Cake, which had most of my dessert favorites in it: homemade coconut cake filled with a Pusser’s Rum-Butter sauce and topped with whipped cream, freshly toasted coconut and a cherry.
Now if the above has whet your appetite for Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen, let me give you a little more incentive: most entrees are $15 or less. Several of the above are under $10. And those insanely delicious mini-cake desserts? Less than $3 each.
Yes…you CAN enjoy a delicious, made-from-scratch meal that appeases both your taste buds and your wallet when you dine at Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen.
We dined at the Kissimmee location (which had great staff!). For the nearest location to you, visit Cheddars.com.
Disclaimer: We were hosted for a media dine to sample the menu. As always,my opinions are my own, and honest.
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ starring @BettyBuckley Takes the Stage at Dr. Phillips Center Nov 27-Dec 2, 2018 #HelloDolly #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 21, 2018
- Out and About: ICE! Returns to Gaylord Palms With Frozen Homage to ‘A Christmas Story’ #CAGP2018 #ICE2018 - November 20, 2018
- ICON Orlando Introduces New Experiences and Savings for Holidays #ICONOrlando - November 19, 2018
- Michael Bublé Returns to Central Florida Feb 2019 with Shows in Orlando and Tampa - November 18, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Thanksgiving 2018 in Orlando - November 16, 2018
- The Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando Thanksgiving Weekend + Ticket #Giveaway - November 14, 2018
- Backstreet Boys Return to Orlando with Amway Center Show Aug 24, 2019 @backstreetboys @amwaycenter - November 13, 2018
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces #HAMILTON Single Ticket On Sale Date For Orlando Shows @drphillipsctr - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Science Center to Host Thanksgiving Break Camps for Kids Nov 19-21, 2018 - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up – November 10: Urbain 40, Ford’s Garage, Taverna Opa, and More - November 10, 2018