Come Out With Pride 2018 will honor and celebrate Orlando’s LGBTQ+ community and its allies October 8-14.
It kicks off with a Drag Race 5K through Baldwin Park, and finishes with a big weekend featuring the Come Out With Pride festival at Lake Eola, and the Recovery Brunch at Celine Orlando.
Below is a list of events and other details for Come Out With Pride 2018:
Drag Race 5K
From 5-8pm, attendees are invited to put on their most colorful outfits as they compete in this 5K race in Baldwin Park, alongside popular drag personalities. Registration is required and starts at $35 for adults.
Reel Pride Film Screening
At The Venue, “MAR” director William Vitoria will be present for a Q&A session after a screening of the award-winning film, which is part love story, part thriller. Tickets are $30 in advance, $35 at the door.
House of Pride — The Edge Reunion
Organizers say they’re bringing back Orlando’s most successful gay night for one night only at Ace Cafe Orlando, in honor of Come Out With Pride. Performances include dancing, voguing, drag and more. Admission is free.
Weekend Launch Party
Local and national talent — including Broadway singer Frenchie Davis — will be showcased during this event at The Veranda at Thornton Park. Orlando’s Gidget Galore will serve as emcee and hostess, and the Come Out With Pride mascot, Lola the Swan, will make a special appearance. Admission is free but VIP tickets are available.
Stonewall on Church St. will be the center of this neighborhood block party, featuring multiple music areas and a special appearance by EDM artist Luciana.
Come Out With Pride Festival
The Festival, along with The Most Colorful Parade, is the most eagerly anticipated event of Pride Week and will feature nearly 150 groups spanning a 1-mile route through downtown Orlando and around Lake Eola Park. International pop star Betty Who will headline the brand new Pride Stage, while Crystal Waters, one of Billboard Magazine’s top dance music legends, will headline the Pride Amphitheater Stage. The evening ends with fireworks at 9pm, and the whole Festival is free to attend.
Orlando Weekly’s Big Gay Brunch
From noon to 3pm, Seasons 52 is providing the brunch spread at this 21-and-over event at The Abbey. Expect bottomless mimosas, bloody marys, and a DJ. Tickets are $42 in advance/$50 at the door.
Pride After-Party at Parliament House
“RuPaul’s Drag Race” judge Carson Kressley and contestants Monet Xchange and Ginger Minj will be at this 18-and-up after-party. Tickets are $10 in advance/$15 at the door.
Pride After-Party at Stonewall
The cast from FX’s “Pose,” including Billy Porter, will be making appearances alongside other local performers and dancers. Tickets are $20 to $30 at the door (get there early for a lower price).
From 11am to 2pm, Celine Orlando will host a catered brunch buffet, bottomless mimosas and a bloody mary bar. Tickets are $55 in advance/$75 at the door. Save $10 with promo code FOODALOVESTORY.
Come Out With Pride is always a fun week of events, but do prepare for the crowds, especially at the Festival and Parade. Last year, almost 160,000 people attended the events. For more information, visit ComeOutWithPride.com.
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019
- Weekend of the Arts Festival Returns to Winter Park Feb 15-18, 2019 #WPInspires - February 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2019 in Orlando and Central Florida - February 9, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival Celebrates International Street Food Feb 9 – May 5, 2019 - February 8, 2019