SeaWorld Orlando has officially phased out the Kraken Unleashed’s VR headsets, returning the roller coaster to its original design.
Guests and the media were excited at the VR element to the ride when it was introduced in June 2017. The headsets added made riders feel like they were underwater on an adventure and dodging sea creatures.
But over the last year, the review have been very mixed, not to mention having to clean the headsets after every group of riders lead to longer wait times for each new group of riders.
But since SeaWorld Orlando retro-fitted the coaster with the headsets instead of building the coaster with them as part of the design, this can simply be chalked up as an experiment that didn’t work.
Are you excited to ride Kraken in its original format, or will you miss the VR element? Let me know in comments.
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019
- Weekend of the Arts Festival Returns to Winter Park Feb 15-18, 2019 #WPInspires - February 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2019 in Orlando and Central Florida - February 9, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival Celebrates International Street Food Feb 9 – May 5, 2019 - February 8, 2019