SeaWorld Orlando has officially phased out the Kraken Unleashed’s VR headsets, returning the roller coaster to its original design.
Guests and the media were excited at the VR element to the ride when it was introduced in June 2017. The headsets added made riders feel like they were underwater on an adventure and dodging sea creatures.
But over the last year, the review have been very mixed, not to mention having to clean the headsets after every group of riders lead to longer wait times for each new group of riders.
But since SeaWorld Orlando retro-fitted the coaster with the headsets instead of building the coaster with them as part of the design, this can simply be chalked up as an experiment that didn’t work.
Are you excited to ride Kraken in its original format, or will you miss the VR element? Let me know in comments.
- Dr Phillips Center Hosts Auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar National Tour on Saturday, April 20 @drphillipsctr #JesusChristSuperstar - April 18, 2019
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2019 Picks For Easter Dining And Family Fun In Orlando - April 16, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 10-11, 2019 #MonsterJam - April 15, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019
- Orlando Shakes and Michael Andrew Bring to Life the World Premiere of Jack and the Beanstalk April 4 – May 4, 2019 @OrlandoShakes - March 25, 2019