In honor of Stand Up To Cancer‘s sixth live telecast on Friday, September 7, Orlando will join with other cities across North America to light up in a combination of SU2C’s signature colors.
More than 130 iconic buildings and landmarks across the United States and Canada will be illuminated in SU2C’s signature colors: orange, red, yellow, gray or white.
In Orlando, here are the locations where you can spot the SU2C’s colors on Friday night:
- Amway Center (Downtown) will light up orange
- Astrogenesis II art (Downtown – corner of Orange Ave. and Church St.) will light up orange
- Cedar of Lebanon art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Global Convergence art (Downtown – in front of Orange County Regional History Center) will light up orange
- ICON Orlando (I-Drive, formerly Orlando Eye) will light up red, orange and yellow
- Lake Eola Fountain (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Orlando Sign (I think this is the one on the side of the Citrus Bowl) will light up orange
- Take Flight art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Tower of Light art (Downtown – Orlando City Hall) will light up orange
- Union art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
The telecast will broadcast live from The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, CA, on Friday, Sept. 7 (8-9pm). The 2018 show is especially significant for SU2C, as it commemorates ten years of raising awareness and funds for innovative cancer research that is helping save lives now, including mine.
Bradley Cooper, Academy Award®-nominated actor, will return as co-executive producer of the telecast. Other stars joining the telecast include Mahershala Ali, Kathy Bates, Katie Couric, Jennifer Garner, Tony Hale, Marg Helgenberger, Ed Helms, Ken Jeong, Marlee Matlin, Matthew McConaughey, Maria Menounos, Jillian Michaels, Trevor Noah, Dak Prescott, Italia Ricci, Rob Riggle, Karla Souza, David Spade, Keith Urban and Reese Witherspoon.
As in years past, ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, along with American Heroes Channel, AT&T AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, E!, EPIX, Escape, ESPNEWS, FM, Freeform, FS2, FXM, FYI, Galavision, Great American Country, HBO, HBO Latino, ION Television, Jewish Life TV, Laff, Logo, MTV2, Nat Geo WILD, REELZ, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, STARZ ENCORE ESPAÑOL, TNT, Univision Puerto Rico, and WGN America are donating one hour of simultaneous commercial-free primetime for the telecast
To make a donation to Stand Up To Cancer, or for more information, visit StandUpToCancer.org.
- SeaWorld Orlando Ditches VR Component of Kraken Coaster - September 25, 2018
- 2019 Monster Jam Tickets Go On Sale September 25, 2018 - September 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018