In honor of Stand Up To Cancer‘s sixth live telecast on Friday, September 7, Orlando will join with other cities across North America to light up in a combination of SU2C’s signature colors.
More than 130 iconic buildings and landmarks across the United States and Canada will be illuminated in SU2C’s signature colors: orange, red, yellow, gray or white.
In Orlando, here are the locations where you can spot the SU2C’s colors on Friday night:
- Amway Center (Downtown) will light up orange
- Astrogenesis II art (Downtown – corner of Orange Ave. and Church St.) will light up orange
- Cedar of Lebanon art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Global Convergence art (Downtown – in front of Orange County Regional History Center) will light up orange
- ICON Orlando (I-Drive, formerly Orlando Eye) will light up red, orange and yellow
- Lake Eola Fountain (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Orlando Sign (I think this is the one on the side of the Citrus Bowl) will light up orange
- Take Flight art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Tower of Light art (Downtown – Orlando City Hall) will light up orange
- Union art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
The telecast will broadcast live from The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, CA, on Friday, Sept. 7 (8-9pm). The 2018 show is especially significant for SU2C, as it commemorates ten years of raising awareness and funds for innovative cancer research that is helping save lives now, including mine.
Bradley Cooper, Academy Award®-nominated actor, will return as co-executive producer of the telecast. Other stars joining the telecast include Mahershala Ali, Kathy Bates, Katie Couric, Jennifer Garner, Tony Hale, Marg Helgenberger, Ed Helms, Ken Jeong, Marlee Matlin, Matthew McConaughey, Maria Menounos, Jillian Michaels, Trevor Noah, Dak Prescott, Italia Ricci, Rob Riggle, Karla Souza, David Spade, Keith Urban and Reese Witherspoon.
As in years past, ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, along with American Heroes Channel, AT&T AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, E!, EPIX, Escape, ESPNEWS, FM, Freeform, FS2, FXM, FYI, Galavision, Great American Country, HBO, HBO Latino, ION Television, Jewish Life TV, Laff, Logo, MTV2, Nat Geo WILD, REELZ, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, STARZ ENCORE ESPAÑOL, TNT, Univision Puerto Rico, and WGN America are donating one hour of simultaneous commercial-free primetime for the telecast
To make a donation to Stand Up To Cancer, or for more information, visit StandUpToCancer.org.
- Pointe Orlando Announces Upcoming ‘Tranformative Redevelopment’ @PointeOrlando - June 15, 2019
- Disney Springs Offers ‘Flavors of Florida’ Promotion This Summer @DisneySprings #DisneyDining - June 14, 2019
- Sonny’s BBQ Launches Limited Time Smoke & Fire Menu for Summer @SonnysBBQ - June 11, 2019
- The Fortress at Full Sail University Hosts NBA 2K League Presents THE TICKET June 13-15 @NBA2KLeague @FullSail - June 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2019 #FathersDay - June 9, 2019
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Appoints Interim Executive Director @OrlandoPhilOrch - June 8, 2019
- 2019 Pulse Memorials And Events in Central Florida #OrlandoUnitedDay #ActLoveGive - June 7, 2019
- The CitySurfing Orlando Guide to Free Donuts for National Donut Day 2019 #NationalDonutDay - June 6, 2019
- Tibby’s New Orleans Kitchen Launches Summer in the Bayou Limited Menu @EatatTibbys - June 5, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Roller Coaster To Open in 2020 #BreakTheIce - June 4, 2019