In honor of Stand Up To Cancer‘s sixth live telecast on Friday, September 7, Orlando will join with other cities across North America to light up in a combination of SU2C’s signature colors.
More than 130 iconic buildings and landmarks across the United States and Canada will be illuminated in SU2C’s signature colors: orange, red, yellow, gray or white.
In Orlando, here are the locations where you can spot the SU2C’s colors on Friday night:
- Amway Center (Downtown) will light up orange
- Astrogenesis II art (Downtown – corner of Orange Ave. and Church St.) will light up orange
- Cedar of Lebanon art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Global Convergence art (Downtown – in front of Orange County Regional History Center) will light up orange
- ICON Orlando (I-Drive, formerly Orlando Eye) will light up red, orange and yellow
- Lake Eola Fountain (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Orlando Sign (I think this is the one on the side of the Citrus Bowl) will light up orange
- Take Flight art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Tower of Light art (Downtown – Orlando City Hall) will light up orange
- Union art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
The telecast will broadcast live from The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, CA, on Friday, Sept. 7 (8-9pm). The 2018 show is especially significant for SU2C, as it commemorates ten years of raising awareness and funds for innovative cancer research that is helping save lives now, including mine.
Bradley Cooper, Academy Award®-nominated actor, will return as co-executive producer of the telecast. Other stars joining the telecast include Mahershala Ali, Kathy Bates, Katie Couric, Jennifer Garner, Tony Hale, Marg Helgenberger, Ed Helms, Ken Jeong, Marlee Matlin, Matthew McConaughey, Maria Menounos, Jillian Michaels, Trevor Noah, Dak Prescott, Italia Ricci, Rob Riggle, Karla Souza, David Spade, Keith Urban and Reese Witherspoon.
As in years past, ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, along with American Heroes Channel, AT&T AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, E!, EPIX, Escape, ESPNEWS, FM, Freeform, FS2, FXM, FYI, Galavision, Great American Country, HBO, HBO Latino, ION Television, Jewish Life TV, Laff, Logo, MTV2, Nat Geo WILD, REELZ, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, STARZ ENCORE ESPAÑOL, TNT, Univision Puerto Rico, and WGN America are donating one hour of simultaneous commercial-free primetime for the telecast
To make a donation to Stand Up To Cancer, or for more information, visit StandUpToCancer.org.
- Michael Bublé Returns to Central Florida Feb 2019 with Shows in Orlando and Tampa - November 18, 2018
- The Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando Thanksgiving Weekend + Ticket #Giveaway - November 14, 2018
- Backstreet Boys Return to Orlando with Amway Center Show Aug 24, 2019 @backstreetboys @amwaycenter - November 13, 2018
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces #HAMILTON Single Ticket On Sale Date For Orlando Shows @drphillipsctr - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Science Center to Host Thanksgiving Break Camps for Kids Nov 19-21, 2018 - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up – November 10: Urbain 40, Ford’s Garage, Taverna Opa, and More - November 10, 2018
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Welcomes Conductor Laura Jackson for Tchaikovsky & Mozart - November 8, 2018
- Get Your DIY On at Maker Faire Orlando November 10-11 #OrlandoMakers - November 6, 2018
- KIDZ BOP Weekend Returns to LEGOLAND Florida Nov 10-12, 2018 #BuiltForKids - November 3, 2018
- Festival Of Trees Returns to Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 10-18, 2018 @omaorlando - November 2, 2018