In honor of Stand Up To Cancer‘s sixth live telecast on Friday, September 7, Orlando will join with other cities across North America to light up in a combination of SU2C’s signature colors.
More than 130 iconic buildings and landmarks across the United States and Canada will be illuminated in SU2C’s signature colors: orange, red, yellow, gray or white.
In Orlando, here are the locations where you can spot the SU2C’s colors on Friday night:
- Amway Center (Downtown) will light up orange
- Astrogenesis II art (Downtown – corner of Orange Ave. and Church St.) will light up orange
- Cedar of Lebanon art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Global Convergence art (Downtown – in front of Orange County Regional History Center) will light up orange
- ICON Orlando (I-Drive, formerly Orlando Eye) will light up red, orange and yellow
- Lake Eola Fountain (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Orlando Sign (I think this is the one on the side of the Citrus Bowl) will light up orange
- Take Flight art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Tower of Light art (Downtown – Orlando City Hall) will light up orange
- Union art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
The telecast will broadcast live from The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, CA, on Friday, Sept. 7 (8-9pm). The 2018 show is especially significant for SU2C, as it commemorates ten years of raising awareness and funds for innovative cancer research that is helping save lives now, including mine.
Bradley Cooper, Academy Award®-nominated actor, will return as co-executive producer of the telecast. Other stars joining the telecast include Mahershala Ali, Kathy Bates, Katie Couric, Jennifer Garner, Tony Hale, Marg Helgenberger, Ed Helms, Ken Jeong, Marlee Matlin, Matthew McConaughey, Maria Menounos, Jillian Michaels, Trevor Noah, Dak Prescott, Italia Ricci, Rob Riggle, Karla Souza, David Spade, Keith Urban and Reese Witherspoon.
As in years past, ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, along with American Heroes Channel, AT&T AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, E!, EPIX, Escape, ESPNEWS, FM, Freeform, FS2, FXM, FYI, Galavision, Great American Country, HBO, HBO Latino, ION Television, Jewish Life TV, Laff, Logo, MTV2, Nat Geo WILD, REELZ, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, STARZ ENCORE ESPAÑOL, TNT, Univision Puerto Rico, and WGN America are donating one hour of simultaneous commercial-free primetime for the telecast
To make a donation to Stand Up To Cancer, or for more information, visit StandUpToCancer.org.
- Florida Strawberry Festival Brings The Yum To Plant City Feb 28-Mar 10, 2019 #BerryFest19 - February 20, 2019
- MegaCon Orlando Brings Star-Studded Fandom Fun May 16-19, 2019 #MegaConOrlando19 - February 19, 2019
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019
- Weekend of the Arts Festival Returns to Winter Park Feb 15-18, 2019 #WPInspires - February 10, 2019