In honor of Stand Up To Cancer‘s sixth live telecast on Friday, September 7, Orlando will join with other cities across North America to light up in a combination of SU2C’s signature colors.
More than 130 iconic buildings and landmarks across the United States and Canada will be illuminated in SU2C’s signature colors: orange, red, yellow, gray or white.
In Orlando, here are the locations where you can spot the SU2C’s colors on Friday night:
- Amway Center (Downtown) will light up orange
- Astrogenesis II art (Downtown – corner of Orange Ave. and Church St.) will light up orange
- Cedar of Lebanon art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Global Convergence art (Downtown – in front of Orange County Regional History Center) will light up orange
- ICON Orlando (I-Drive, formerly Orlando Eye) will light up red, orange and yellow
- Lake Eola Fountain (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Orlando Sign (I think this is the one on the side of the Citrus Bowl) will light up orange
- Take Flight art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
- Tower of Light art (Downtown – Orlando City Hall) will light up orange
- Union art (Downtown – Lake Eola Park) will light up orange
The telecast will broadcast live from The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, CA, on Friday, Sept. 7 (8-9pm). The 2018 show is especially significant for SU2C, as it commemorates ten years of raising awareness and funds for innovative cancer research that is helping save lives now, including mine.
Bradley Cooper, Academy Award®-nominated actor, will return as co-executive producer of the telecast. Other stars joining the telecast include Mahershala Ali, Kathy Bates, Katie Couric, Jennifer Garner, Tony Hale, Marg Helgenberger, Ed Helms, Ken Jeong, Marlee Matlin, Matthew McConaughey, Maria Menounos, Jillian Michaels, Trevor Noah, Dak Prescott, Italia Ricci, Rob Riggle, Karla Souza, David Spade, Keith Urban and Reese Witherspoon.
As in years past, ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, along with American Heroes Channel, AT&T AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, E!, EPIX, Escape, ESPNEWS, FM, Freeform, FS2, FXM, FYI, Galavision, Great American Country, HBO, HBO Latino, ION Television, Jewish Life TV, Laff, Logo, MTV2, Nat Geo WILD, REELZ, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, STARZ ENCORE ESPAÑOL, TNT, Univision Puerto Rico, and WGN America are donating one hour of simultaneous commercial-free primetime for the telecast
To make a donation to Stand Up To Cancer, or for more information, visit StandUpToCancer.org.
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020