In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up: several openings and closings, new menu items, free coffee and doughnuts, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
Holler and Dash has introduced a healthy new brunch dish for fall. The “Everyday I’m Brusselin’ Bowl” (pictured above) features shaved brussels sprouts, sun dried cranberries, apples, pecorino cheese, and lemon dijon vinaigrette. It’s available at all seven locations in the Southeast, including Holler and Dash Celebration.
Pharmacy in Dr Phillips is hosting its “Chopped Challenge – Round 4” on Saturday, September 29. Join Chef Loren Falsone for a culinary experience with a monthly cooking competition where two teams play against each other in a timed mystery ingredient basket challenge.
Each team is required to produce an appetizer, an entree and a dessert in 1 hour. In the end the winning team goes home with a prize and wonderful memories are made! In the last hour, kick back with pizza and wine and discuss the creations.
Cost is $65 per person. To book your spot, visit the event’s ticket page or call 407.985.2972
Earth Fare is set to open in Lake Nona on Saturday, September 29, at the Shoppes at Nona Place. This grocery will sell 100% “Clean Food” free of added hormones, antibiotics, HFCS, artificial sweeteners, and more.
Ribbon cutting is at 6:45am, and the first 500 in line will receive a free Earth Fare gift card valued up to $1000.
Perkin’s annual Pancake Day is Thursday, September 27. On this day only, you will be treated to a FREE short stack of delicious buttermilk pancakes. And the best part is that each participating location will encourage guests to make a donation to Give Kids The World.
Chef Joseph Roberti has announced on Facebook that he is closing his much-lauded Pizzeria Roberti to concentrate on his upcoming pizza concept in Sanford, Grain & Ember. The last day for Pizzeria Roberti is Sunday, September 23.
Eggs & Oats, a breakfast and brunch restaurant, has opened in Winter Garden. It also features Piccolo Coffee Co., a in-house coffee shop, in the back. Both are located at 126 West Plant St, in the heart of historic downtown.
East Hampton Bait & Tackle Co. will open in Winter Park sometime in November 2018. The restaurant will be located at 1035 N. Orlando Ave (which formerly housed T.R. Fire Grill), and serve up fresh seafood with “a New England flair,” including East and West Coast oysters, three types of lobster rolls, stone crabs in season, and sushi.
The menu will feature other upscale dishes like a beef Wellington that must be ordered 48 hours in advance with reservation and a housemade baked Alaska.
The concept comes from restauranteur Greg Pranzo, who recently opened Cinco Tacos + Tequila nearby. His inspiration for the eatery comes from the many summers he spent in the Hamptons.
East Hampton Bait & Tackle Co. will offer both full service and fast casual options, as well as an indoor/outdoor bar.
According to The Villages Daily Sun, Guy Fieri’s American Kitchen & Bar at Lake Sumter Landing in The Villages has closed, after only a year in business. Several other restaurant brands are reported to be eyeing the space already.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts is celebrating National Coffee Day by transforming its regular glaze to delicious coffee glaze for a Coffee Glazed Doughnut available one week only, starting Monday, Sept. 24.
The brand is also introducing Original Glazed™ Coffee as the perfect pairing. The iconic Original Glazed® Doughnut in a cup will become a new permanent item on the menu.
Java lovers can grab a FREE Krispy Kreme coffee, any size, on National Coffee Day, Sept. 29, at all shops through Central Florida locations, no purchase necessary. Krispy Kreme Rewards members will also receive the extra perk of a FREE doughnut with that coffee.
That’s it for this week. If you have any Central Florida dining news to share, drop it in comments or send it to us via our contact form. We’ll credit you if we use it.
- Museum of Illusions Has Opened at ICON Park Orlando .. #MuseumOfIllusionsOrlando @ICONParkOrlando #OrlandoAttractions #TicketDeals - January 19, 2021
- Dinosaur Invasion Returns to Orlando’s Leu Gardens Jan 18-April 18 .. #LeuGardens #Dinosaurs - January 18, 2021
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For January 15, 2021: Gideon’s Bakehouse, Portillo’s, Major’s Project Pop, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - January 15, 2021
- Grande Lakes Orlando to Host Inaugural “Curated Experiences” Event Jan 29-31, 2021 .. #GrandeLakesOrlando #JWMarriottOrlando #Staycation #RitzCarltonOrlando #LuxuryTravel - January 10, 2021
- Gatorland Offers $9.99 Florida Resident Deal For January .. #Gatorland #FLResident - January 8, 2021
- 2021 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Kicks Off Jan 8 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #Disney - January 6, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Partners With Subly For Increased Accessibility Online .. #OrlandoFringe #Subly #OrlandoArts - January 6, 2021
- New Local Haitian TV Station Debuts in Central Florida .. #AyitiTV #OrlandoTV - January 5, 2021
- Visit Orlando Hires New President & CEO .. #VisitOrlando #OrlandoTourism - January 5, 2021
- Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World for 2021 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ParkHopping - January 4, 2021