In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up: special menus, charity events, free doughnuts, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
Through September 30, restaurant-goers are invited to ‘Chip in the Fight Against Cancer‘ at all Tijuana Flats locations. The initiative will benefit Florida Hospital for Children and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF).
Guests can contribute in two different ways to Just in Queso Foundation’s ‘Chip in the Fight Against Cancer’ campaign, from September 10 – 30. (1) Purchase Jason’s Mom’s Sauce and Tijuana Flats will donate the proceeds, or (2) guests can donate $2.00 or more in-store to receive $5.00 in Flats Cash, which can be redeemed at all Tijuana Flats locations during their next visit.
Columbia Restaurant‘s “21st Annual Columbia Community Harvest” event.has kicked off this month. Guests can dine at any of the seven locations in Florida, including Celebration, and request that a portion of their lunch or dinner checks go to the Community Hope Center. The Columbia Restaurant will donate 5% to the charity.
The promotion runs through September 30, 2018. Visit columbiarestaurant.com for more information.
Orlando’s monthly #SandwichEatUp will team up with Do Good Date Night on September 28 for an evening at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
The first part of evening will be helping out the charity, followed by a Grilled Cheese and Beer Pairing featuring Ten10 Brewing Co. Cost is $25 per person. For more information, visit the event’s ticket page.
The Capital Grille has brought back Wagyu & Wine – a gourmet twist on America’s classic burger paired with wine selections from the Antinori family, now in its 26th generation.
Priced at $25, guests can choose one of three Wagyu burgers: a Caramelized Onion Wagyu Burger featuring Grand Cru Gruyère and Shallot Aioli; a Wagyu Cheeseburger with Havarti and aged White Cheddar; and a Caprese-style Wagyu Burger with heirloom tomato, 15-year aged balsamic and fresh mozzarella.
Then guests can select from three wines including the Col Solare 2014 (Red Mountain, Washington), the Villa Antinori Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva 2014 (Tuscany), an Old World Sangiovese, and the Antica Napa Valley 2014 (Atlas Peak, Napa Valley), a New World Cabernet Sauvignon.
Through November 18th, Wagyu & Wine is available to guests in The Capital Grille lounge.
Starting September 18, Seasons 52 will be offering a 3-course Harvest Menu for $29.95. Start with a cup of soup or salad, then enjoy an entree such as Cedar-Plank Roasted Salmon or Short Rib Lasagna. Finish with a fall-inspired mini-indulgence for dessert. This menu runs through November 30 2018. They’re also running their Magical Dining Menu through September 30 at the Orlando location.
Big River Grille and Brewing Works at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort is celebrating the release of its Oktoberfest beer on September 20, 2018. From 5-7pm, pints of this beer will be $3, and they’ll be serving up $3 brats and $2 German pretzels to go with it. Visit the event’s page for more information.
Tom + Chee in Lake Buena Vista is running special deals to start off your week. Mondays, buy one sandwich, and get the second half price. Tuesdays, get a 99 cent Kid’s Meal with the purchase of a combo meal. And Wednesdays, score half-price Grilled Cheese Donuts (these are awesomely tasty, btw).
On Tuesday, September 18, get a free Pumpkin Spice cake Doughnut with any purchase at Central Florida Krispy Kreme locations.
That’s it for this week. If you have any Central Florida dining news to share, drop it in comments or send it to us via our contact form. We’ll credit you if we use it.
- Grande Lakes Orlando to Host Inaugural “Curated Experiences” Event Jan 29-31, 2021 .. #GrandeLakesOrlando #JWMarriottOrlando #Staycation #RitzCarltonOrlando #LuxuryTravel - January 10, 2021
- Gatorland Offers $9.99 Florida Resident Deal For January .. #Gatorland #FLResident - January 8, 2021
- 2021 Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Kicks Off Jan 8 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #EPCOT #Disney - January 6, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Partners With Subly For Increased Accessibility Online .. #OrlandoFringe #Subly #OrlandoArts - January 6, 2021
- New Local Haitian TV Station Debuts in Central Florida .. #AyitiTV #OrlandoTV - January 5, 2021
- Visit Orlando Hires New President & CEO .. #VisitOrlando #OrlandoTourism - January 5, 2021
- Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World for 2021 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ParkHopping - January 4, 2021
- Out and About: Lunch at Hawkers Asian Street Food in Windermere .. @EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #VisitOrlando - December 30, 2020
- Orlando Fringe Hosts Winter Mini-Fest Jan 7-10, 2021 .. @OrlandoFringe #OrlandoArts - December 29, 2020
- Out and About: A Look Back at The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #Disney #WaltDisneyWorld - December 25, 2020