USA Table Tennis and the Central Florida Sports Commission have announced that the 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships will be held in Orlando in December.
This marks the first time in the eighty-seven year history of the US Open Table Tennis Championships that the tournament will be held in Orlando.
The tournament, which is expected to attract well over 1000 participants playing on over 125 tables, will be held at the Orange County Convention Center from December 16 through December 22, 2018.
The US Open, which is open to everyone, is expected to offer an expansive schedule of table tennis events that will accommodate persons of every age category and skill capability including a full slate of International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) sanctioned elite events that should attract some of the top table tennis players in the world, including the premier members of the US National Team.
Past US Open champions include Olympic and World medalists and some of the greatest table tennis players of all-time, including Jan-Ove Waldner (Sweden), Jean-Michel Saive (Belgium), Liu Guoliang (China), Ma Lin (China), Ryu Seung-Min (Korea), Xu Jin (China), Li Jiawei (Singapore), and Gao Jun (USA).
For more information, visit the USATT website, usatt.org.
- Pointe Orlando Announces Upcoming ‘Tranformative Redevelopment’ @PointeOrlando - June 15, 2019
- Disney Springs Offers ‘Flavors of Florida’ Promotion This Summer @DisneySprings #DisneyDining - June 14, 2019
- Sonny’s BBQ Launches Limited Time Smoke & Fire Menu for Summer @SonnysBBQ - June 11, 2019
- The Fortress at Full Sail University Hosts NBA 2K League Presents THE TICKET June 13-15 @NBA2KLeague @FullSail - June 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2019 #FathersDay - June 9, 2019
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Appoints Interim Executive Director @OrlandoPhilOrch - June 8, 2019
- 2019 Pulse Memorials And Events in Central Florida #OrlandoUnitedDay #ActLoveGive - June 7, 2019
- The CitySurfing Orlando Guide to Free Donuts for National Donut Day 2019 #NationalDonutDay - June 6, 2019
- Tibby’s New Orleans Kitchen Launches Summer in the Bayou Limited Menu @EatatTibbys - June 5, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Roller Coaster To Open in 2020 #BreakTheIce - June 4, 2019