If the carnivore in you loves a great steak, then you’ll want to head to Del Frisco’s on I-Drive (across from Pointe Orlando) to experience their limited-time Prime Pair menu.
We were recently invited to try out the menu, and walked away very happy.
The Prime Pair menu features a salad starter, an entree featuring the restaurant’s legendary crab cake plus your choice of second protein, and a side dish, all for only $59 per person.
Due to my seafood allergies, my guest sampled the Prime Pair, and chose to start with the Del’s Salad. This salad could be a meal on its own. It features a bed of mixed greens topped with tomatoes, shaved carrots, croutons, avocado-based dressing, and two strips of crisp bacon, all lightly dusted with fresh ground pepper at the table.
For the entree, in addition to the jumbo lump crab cake, she chose the Manhattan-cut New York Strip steak, which was topped with a Wild Mushroom Bordelaise sauce, and cooked to the medium-rare she ordered. When the dish was delivered, the server waited for her to check the doneness of the meat before leaving the table.
The photo above shows the entree with a scoop of my chunky Chateau mashed potatoes, but she also had, for her side, a serving of perfectly steamed asparagus topped with slivered almonds.
Now after all this delicious food, you still want something a little sweet to cap off the meal, I highly suggest sharing the Butter Cake, which is topped with a layer of crunchy brûlée sugar, and butter pecan ice cream. Trust me, it’s worth the little extra splurge.
I have to also say the service was impeccable, but also friendly. Our server, Shohrah, was very knowledgeable about the menu, and even caught two possible allergy issues for me. Kudos to the team at Del Frisco’s Orlando for elevating the dining experience for us.
The Del Frisco Prime Pair Menu is available through September 3, 2018. For more information, or to make reservations, visit delfriscos.com.
Disclaimer: We were hosted for dinner for purposes of review. As always, my opinion is honest, and my own.
- SeaWorld Orlando Ditches VR Component of Kraken Coaster - September 25, 2018
- 2019 Monster Jam Tickets Go On Sale September 25, 2018 - September 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018