If the carnivore in you loves a great steak, then you’ll want to head to Del Frisco’s on I-Drive (across from Pointe Orlando) to experience their limited-time Prime Pair menu.
We were recently invited to try out the menu, and walked away very happy.
The Prime Pair menu features a salad starter, an entree featuring the restaurant’s legendary crab cake plus your choice of second protein, and a side dish, all for only $59 per person.
Due to my seafood allergies, my guest sampled the Prime Pair, and chose to start with the Del’s Salad. This salad could be a meal on its own. It features a bed of mixed greens topped with tomatoes, shaved carrots, croutons, avocado-based dressing, and two strips of crisp bacon, all lightly dusted with fresh ground pepper at the table.
For the entree, in addition to the jumbo lump crab cake, she chose the Manhattan-cut New York Strip steak, which was topped with a Wild Mushroom Bordelaise sauce, and cooked to the medium-rare she ordered. When the dish was delivered, the server waited for her to check the doneness of the meat before leaving the table.
The photo above shows the entree with a scoop of my chunky Chateau mashed potatoes, but she also had, for her side, a serving of perfectly steamed asparagus topped with slivered almonds.
Now after all this delicious food, you still want something a little sweet to cap off the meal, I highly suggest sharing the Butter Cake, which is topped with a layer of crunchy brûlée sugar, and butter pecan ice cream. Trust me, it’s worth the little extra splurge.
I have to also say the service was impeccable, but also friendly. Our server, Shohrah, was very knowledgeable about the menu, and even caught two possible allergy issues for me. Kudos to the team at Del Frisco’s Orlando for elevating the dining experience for us.
The Del Frisco Prime Pair Menu is available through September 3, 2018. For more information, or to make reservations, visit delfriscos.com.
Disclaimer: We were hosted for dinner for purposes of review. As always, my opinion is honest, and my own.
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For May 29, 2020: Bao’s Castle, The Osprey Tavern, Ocean Prime, King Cajun Crawfish, Krispy Kreme, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo - May 29, 2020
- SeaWorld Announces Plans to Reopen Orlando Parks June 11 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #AquaticaOrlando #DiscoveryCove #Reopening - May 28, 2020
- Plans Unveiled for the Phased Reopening of Walt Disney World .. #WaltDisneyWorld #Reopening - May 27, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Re-Open May 28, 2020 + Ticket Deal .. #KSCVC #Reopening - May 26, 2020
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020