In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up: special menus, new openings, chef’s dinners, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
The annual Green Chile Festival is back at all Central Florida Chuy’s locations. It features a limited-time Green Chile Festvial menu, available through September 2. Try the Green Chile Chicken Flautas, or the King Carne Burrito stuffed with ground sirloin, bacon, French fried potatoes, green chiles and cheese.
The Ravenous Pig in Winter Park is hosting an End of Summer BBQ Roast on August 25 with guest Chef Kenny Gilbert (best known for his appearance on Top Chef season 7). Expect whole hog, gator, and more from 11:30am-3pm. To reserve your table, call 407-628-2333.
Hot on the heels of their new Hunter Creek location, fast-casual chicken specialist PDQ continues its Central Florida expansion with a new Winter Park location, which opens August 19 at 10:30am. You’ll find it at 925 S. Orlando Ave.
The “First 50” Guests will get $50 in PDQ Gift Cards, a Swag Bag filled with awesome prizes and one Free Combo Meal on Opening Day.
Grape & The Grain in the Mills 50 District is celebrating the closing of the season and their official grand opening with a special “Summer Wine Down” event on Thursday, August 23. The first 100 guests will receive a free glass of Prosecco.
In addition, the evening will feature a special appearance by in-house artist Jay “J Bon” Bonadio “The Unsigned Artist” and live art to be auctioned off for A Gift For Teaching charitable organization to help provide children with school supplies. Plus, Flamenco Guitarist Jorge Mendoza will perform live inside with DJ Leony spinning in the garden and a popular local food truck on-site.
Terralina Crafted Italian at Disney Springs is hosting a pasta making demonstration on September 15. Executive Chef Justin Plank will demonstrate how to make fresh spinach & ricotta ravioli with a roasted garlic tomato cream sauce. Then put your skills to the test and create your own to take home. Cost is $40 per person.
Bites & Bubbles in the Mills 50 District is offering a “Summer Temptation Menu” through September 21. It features a prix fixe menu of three courses for $32.
Lion’s Pride Soccer Pub & Grill in downtown Orlando is kicking the team spirit up a notch with an exciting promotion during Orlando City Soccer Club away matches. Each time Orlando City Soccer scores during away matches, guests will receive 10% off the total bill and 10% off merchandise from the official Orlando City Soccer Merchandise Store located inside Lion’s Pride (up to 40% off).
Starbucks is introducing a new beverage, the Protein-Blended Cold Brew. Made with plant-based protein, and non-dairy alternative milks, it’s available in Almond or Cacao flavors. If you’ve tried one, let me know what you think of it.
That’s it for this week. If you have any Central Florida dining news to share, drop it in comments or send it to us via our contact form. We’ll credit you if we use it.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021