In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up: special menus, new openings, chef’s dinners, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
The annual Green Chile Festival is back at all Central Florida Chuy’s locations. It features a limited-time Green Chile Festvial menu, available through September 2. Try the Green Chile Chicken Flautas, or the King Carne Burrito stuffed with ground sirloin, bacon, French fried potatoes, green chiles and cheese.
The Ravenous Pig in Winter Park is hosting an End of Summer BBQ Roast on August 25 with guest Chef Kenny Gilbert (best known for his appearance on Top Chef season 7). Expect whole hog, gator, and more from 11:30am-3pm. To reserve your table, call 407-628-2333.
Hot on the heels of their new Hunter Creek location, fast-casual chicken specialist PDQ continues its Central Florida expansion with a new Winter Park location, which opens August 19 at 10:30am. You’ll find it at 925 S. Orlando Ave.
The “First 50” Guests will get $50 in PDQ Gift Cards, a Swag Bag filled with awesome prizes and one Free Combo Meal on Opening Day.
Grape & The Grain in the Mills 50 District is celebrating the closing of the season and their official grand opening with a special “Summer Wine Down” event on Thursday, August 23. The first 100 guests will receive a free glass of Prosecco.
In addition, the evening will feature a special appearance by in-house artist Jay “J Bon” Bonadio “The Unsigned Artist” and live art to be auctioned off for A Gift For Teaching charitable organization to help provide children with school supplies. Plus, Flamenco Guitarist Jorge Mendoza will perform live inside with DJ Leony spinning in the garden and a popular local food truck on-site.
Terralina Crafted Italian at Disney Springs is hosting a pasta making demonstration on September 15. Executive Chef Justin Plank will demonstrate how to make fresh spinach & ricotta ravioli with a roasted garlic tomato cream sauce. Then put your skills to the test and create your own to take home. Cost is $40 per person.
Bites & Bubbles in the Mills 50 District is offering a “Summer Temptation Menu” through September 21. It features a prix fixe menu of three courses for $32.
Lion’s Pride Soccer Pub & Grill in downtown Orlando is kicking the team spirit up a notch with an exciting promotion during Orlando City Soccer Club away matches. Each time Orlando City Soccer scores during away matches, guests will receive 10% off the total bill and 10% off merchandise from the official Orlando City Soccer Merchandise Store located inside Lion’s Pride (up to 40% off).
Starbucks is introducing a new beverage, the Protein-Blended Cold Brew. Made with plant-based protein, and non-dairy alternative milks, it’s available in Almond or Cacao flavors. If you’ve tried one, let me know what you think of it.
That’s it for this week. If you have any Central Florida dining news to share, drop it in comments or send it to us via our contact form. We’ll credit you if we use it.
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Announces Special Veterans Day 2019 Offer .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #VeteransDay - November 8, 2019
- Country Thunder Returns to Kissimmee in 2020 with All-Star Line-Up .. @CountryThunder - November 7, 2019
- College Park JazzFest Returns with Great Sounds, Food, and More November 9, 2019 .. #CollegeParkJazzed - November 6, 2019
- Out and About: Dr. Phillips Center Fall Arts Classes – The Beginning .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoArts - November 5, 2019
- Time to Get Your DIY On At Maker Faire Orlando November 9-10, 2019 .. #OrlandoMakers - November 2, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events For November 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - November 1, 2019