In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up: new menu items, new openings, national awards, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
Tijuana Flats is summer-izing their menu with the addition of Cheeseburger Tacos [pictured above]. These tacos consist of a tortilla filled with seasoned ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup and mustard. Instead of chips, Flats will include a side of seasoned fries.
Throughout September 9, Flats guests can order Dos Cheeseburger Tacos, which includes two tacos with seasoned fries, for just $7.89.
Fry lovers can also get a side of fries for $2.99, an order of fries and queso for $5.29, or upgrade Flats chips to fries on any Flats dish for just $0.99.
Congratulations to Highball & Harvest at The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes Orlando for being named one of the 50 Best Southern Restaurants in America for 2018 by Open Table!
The list is generated solely from more than 12 million verified OpenTable diner reviews for more than 27,000 restaurants in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. collected between June 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018. All restaurants in the “Southern” cuisine category with a minimum “overall” score and number of qualifying reviews were included for consideration. Qualifying restaurants were then scored and sorted according to their overall food rating.
Foxtail Coffee is now open in the Hourglass District at 2401 Curry Ford Road. It is located inside a former a gas station convenience store.
Dubbed Hourglass Social House, the entire space allows room for a traditional Foxtail counter, as well as for partner business Leguminati, which will serve up delicious and fun takes on vegan fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Customers will be able to order items from either business at either counter. Guests can also choose from 48 types of wine and 60 types of beer, with 12 on tap.
Roy’s Restaurant is hosting a Duckhorn Vineyards Wine Dinner August 21 and 22 at its Orlando and Tampa locations. Cost is $89 per person for a Polynesian-inspired five-course dinner with wine pairings.
Sonny’s BBQ is celebrating founder Sonny Tillman’s 89th birthday on August 14 with a St. Louis Rib Dinner for just $8.89. Choose either Sweet & Smokey or House Dry-Rubbed Ribs, plus two Sidekicks and bread.
The new Krispy Kreme Reese’s Outrageous Doughnut is available for a limited time at all shops in Central Florida. The doughnut features a chocolate yeast dough, dipped in Hershey’s chocolate fudge icing, topped with mini Reese’s Pieces and drizzled with Reese’s peanut butter and salted caramel sauce.
Share your ‘outrageous’ doughnut experience on social by tagging @reeses and @KrispyKremeORL on local Instagram and Twitter channels and use hashtag #ReesesOutrageousDoughnut.
That’s it for this week. If you have any Central Florida dining news to share, drop it in comments or send it to us via our contact form. We’ll credit you if we use it.
- Walt Disney World Announces Club Cool Hosted by Coca-Cola Will Be Returning to EPCOT .. @WaltDisneyWorld #ClubCool #EPCOT - April 17, 2021
- City of Orlando Unveils SALT Laundry Trailer for Homeless Residents .. @CityBeautiful @SaltOutreachInc #SALTLaundry - April 17, 2021
- Marlow’s Tavern Will Reopen at Pointe Orlando April 22 .. @MarlowsTavern @PointeOrlando #IDrive - April 16, 2021
- In The Game Opens at Orlando’s ICON Park .. @ICONPark #InTheGame - April 16, 2021
- PLANET LEGOLAND to Open at LEGOLAND Florida April 16, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #PlanetLegoland #RebuildTheWorld #LEGOLAND10 - April 15, 2021
- Grande Lakes Orlando To Host Next “Curated Experiences” Event April 23-25, 2021 .. #GrandeLakesOrlando #JWMarriottOrlando #Staycation #RitzCarltonOrlando #LuxuryTravel - April 15, 2021
- Out and About: Breakfast at Maple Street Biscuit Company in Celebration .. @MapleStreetBisc #OrlandoRestaurants - April 14, 2021
- Kane Brown Announces December 2021 Tour Date at Orlando’s Amway Center .. @AmwayCenter #KaneBrown #JordanDavis #RestlessRoad - April 14, 2021
- Universal Orlando Announces Opening Date For Jurassic World VelociCoaster .. @UniversalOrlando #JurassicWorld #VelociCoaster - April 13, 2021
- Aloma Bowling Centers Support Make-A-Wish During April 2021 .. @aloma_bowl @BoardwalkBowlFL @MakeAWishCNFL - April 13, 2021