The City of Altamonte Springs and XL 106.7 FM are partnering to present the 23rd annual Red Hot & Boom festival on Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at Cranes Roost Park in Uptown Altamonte.
More than two decades since it first began, the free event has grown into an anticipated family-friendly tradition, drawing more than 175,000 spectators celebrating the spirit of summer. in America
Here’s what you need to know before attending this year’s Red, Hot & Boom.
The concerts start at 4pm, followed by the firework display at 9:30pm, which is perfectly choreographed and synchronized to today’s hits and old-time favorites for the dazzling 25-minute show over Cranes Roost Lake.
All times are weather permitting. This event happens rain or shine.
At Red Hot & Boom, everyone has a great seat. This year, the concert will feature three screens throughout Cranes Roost Park giving patrons an enhanced view of the show.
People will start staking out their spots before noon, so don’t think you’re going to roll up at 3pm and get a good spot…or even a parking spot.
Become a part of the buzz and get social! Share how you celebrate Independence Day at Red Hot & Boom using #RHB, #RedHotandBoom or #CelebrateColorfully. Make your profile public for the day and you might just see your post on the big screens at the event.
- Echosmith – This sibling trio stormed onto the scene with the hit “Cool Kids,” but the new release, “Over My Head” is already climbing the Billboard charts.
- Lauv – Singer-songwriter Lauv has a collaboration with Demi Lovato and a tour with Ed Sheeran under his belt, but his breakout song “I Like Me Better” made him a star in his own right.
- MAX – The 25-year-old model, actor and musician is known for his single “Lights Down Low.” The aspiring singer has also worked with the likes of Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz and Pharrell.
- Jack & Jack – This rap-pop duo got their start on the social media platform Vine, but have since taken on music professionally, recently releasing the single “Beg.”
- In Real Life – The winners of the reality show “Boy Band” have already released the single “Tattoo” and are touring this summer.
- Alyssa Raghu – The Lake Nona High School sophomore is fresh off her stint on “American Idol,” where she graced the Top 24.
- Logan Henderson – Known for his role on the TV show “Big Time Rush” and the band by the same name, Henderson is now taking on a solo career with several recent singles, including “Sleepwalker.”
Hot weather is always a concern, so guests are urged to stay hydrated. Several first aid tents are on site, staffed by firefighters and paramedics.
The Altamonte Springs Police Department oversees the security detail for the event, with participation from the Seminole County Sheriff’s Department as well as several other local, state and federal agencies. Security measures are constantly reviewed and modified to ensure the safety of everyone in attendance.
The Altamonte Springs Police Department values the strong community partnership it shares with residents and visitors alike and encourages everyone who “sees something to say something” as it relates to anything suspicious or criminal in nature. To report suspicious activity, call or text (407) 955-5611.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
Dozens of vendors are on hand to provide plenty of hot food and cold drinks. They are available at the event from 4pm to the end of the show at 11pm.
Guests can bring the following items to Red Hot & Boom to make their visit more comfortable:
- Pop-up tents/canopies with no sides – maximum size 10’x10’. Tents/canopies in the amphitheater must be taken down at 4 p.m.; all others must be taken down at sundown.
- Blankets or tarps no bigger than 10’x10’.
- Folding chairs or beach chairs.
- Personal soft-sided coolers that can be carried in by a shoulder strap or single handle.
WHAT YOU CAN’T BRING
These items are NOT allowed at Red Hot & Boom:
- Glass containers
- Coolers over 2’x2’
- Coolers on wheels
- Unauthorized weapons, sharp objects or personal fireworks
- Grills, propane tanks or open flames
- The rear entrance to Altamonte Mall on Festival Drive closes at 8 a.m.
- Both Altamonte Mall parking garages are closed and unavailable for general parking on July 3.
- Handicapped parking is available in the mall lot north of the AMC Theaters.
- Centerpointe Circle closes at 10 a.m. on July 2 and reopens at 2 a.m. on July 4.
- Cranes Roost Boulevard is closed: between Uptown Blvd. and Festival Drive from 9 a.m. July 2 to 2 a.m. on July 4.; between Shorecrest Drive and Festival Drive from 4 p.m. on July 2 to 2 a.m. on July 4.; at S.R. 436 starting at 6:30 p.m. on July 3.
- Festival Drive is closed between the Altamonte Mall Loop Road and Central Parkway from 8 a.m. on July 3 to 2 a.m. on July 4.
- Uptown Boulevard is closed to thru traffic from 4 p.m. on July 2 to 2 a.m. on July 4.
After the fireworks are over, many streets will become one-way to help facilitate the ride home. In general, people driving to the event should try to park in the direction they need to go when it’s time to leave.
Visit uptownaltamonte.com/RHB for road closures, traffic tips, recommended routes and more information on going to and from the event.
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2020 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 18, 2020