To celebrate its Golden Year (50th anniversary), Sonny’s BBQ gave its beloved ribs a golden makeover for charity.
The ribs got a glow-up with 24K gold flakes, truffle butter, exotic salts, along with and a heavy hand of home-grown ingredients local to Sonny’s footprint such as bee pollen from Gainesville, truffle butter form Market 2 Table in Winter Garden, and Bulls Bay Saltworks sea salt from South Carolina
But these one-of-a-kind 24K Gold Ribs, valued at $1,968 aren’t for sale. They are using them to create awareness through social media, so that they can donate 100,000 meals to hungry children this summer with Feeding Children Everywhere (FCE), a food nonprofit based in Longwood, Florida.
All you have to do is retweet the official Good as Gold Tweet at twitter.com/SonnysBBQ to donate 20 meals to FCE, or a Like to donate 10 meals to FCE. These meals will be donated to children not only in Florida, but in the other seven states that Sonny’s is located in.
Starting today through July 31, fans can also visit SonnysGoodAsGold.com for a chance to win an all-expenses-paid staycation here in Orlando where they will enjoy an exclusive rib dinner, hotel accommodations, attraction tickets, one-on-one pitmaster class, gift cards, and more.
Good luck to those who enter the giveaway, and don’t forget to retweet the Good as Gold Tweet! Let’s feed some people!
- SeaWorld Orlando Ditches VR Component of Kraken Coaster - September 25, 2018
- 2019 Monster Jam Tickets Go On Sale September 25, 2018 - September 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018