In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up: lots of vegan eats, a champagne dinner, a closing, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
Jamaican vegan eatery DaJen Eats Cafe & Creamery will be opening in Eatonville, at 323 E. Kennedy Blvd. (next to the Eatonville Town Hall), on August 1 with several days of soft openings before switching to a regular schedule August 7.
The menu will feature old offerings from the former Citgo location, such as chick’n and biscuits, vegan rice bowls, and dairy-free ice cream. But the new location will allow owner Jenneil “Jenn” Ross to expand the menu to include dishes such as:brown stew cauliflower; steamed “fish” and crackers; and jerk mushrooms stuffed with ackee, callaloo, and pesto cream.
Speaking of Vegan dining…Per fellow blogger Amanda Tinney at Vegan Disney Food, Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is now offering a vegan version of it’s All-You-Care-To-Enjoy Skillet Dinner.
It features corn, green beans, potato wedges, Gardein chicken and beef tips, pulled bbq jackfruit, and Beyond Meat sausage. No word on the price, but I’m sure it’s comparable to its regular All-You-Care-To-Enjoy Skillet Dinner, which is $30 – $34 per person based on seasonal pricing.
One last vegan news bit, while I’m on a roll… Infusion Tea in College Park is now offering three plant-based taco specials on Tuesdays. Get any two, plus chips and a drink for $8.
Krispy Kreme will open the doors to its newest location in West Kissimmee on Tuesday, July 31. festivities begin at 6am when the doors open with one Free Glazed Doughnut per customer while the Hot Light is on.
Throughout the day lucky customers will find randomly placed Golden Tickets in their purchased dozen boxes, which are good for Free Doughnuts for a Year. In shop prizes also include commemorative t-shirts, travel mugs and other treats while supplies last
Additionally, Krispy Kreme team members and local dignitaries will gather for a ribbon cutting ceremony on Wednesday, August 1 at 9am.
The new location at 7930 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in Kissimmee, next to where Margaritaville Orlando is being built.
Central Florida Ruth’s Chris Steak House locations will host a five-course pairing dinner with Veuve Clicquot in August. The dinner is the fifth in this year’s series of Ruth’s TasteMaker Dinners.
The main course will feature a glass of Veuve Clicquot’s 2008 Vintage Champagne alongside Ruth’s signature Petite Filet topped with herbed truffle crust.
Cost is $115 per person. The dinner will take place at the Orlando and Lake Mary locations on August 23, and Winter Park on August 24. Visit RuthsChris.com for more information or to book.
Coast to Coast Cafe in Longwood will be closing around August 4th after 3 years in operation, according to a post on the restaurant’s Instagram:
That’s it for this week. If you have any Central Florida dining news to share, drop it in comments or send it to us via our contact form. We’ll credit you if we use it.
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Announces Special Veterans Day 2019 Offer .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #VeteransDay - November 8, 2019
- Country Thunder Returns to Kissimmee in 2020 with All-Star Line-Up .. @CountryThunder - November 7, 2019
- College Park JazzFest Returns with Great Sounds, Food, and More November 9, 2019 .. #CollegeParkJazzed - November 6, 2019