The first event is an ARC party on Wednesday, June 27th at 6:30pm. What is an ARC? It’s an advanced reader copy is an uncorrected proof of a new book given to certain people before publication. Writer’s Block Bookstore receives ARCs from major publishers like Penguin Random House, Simon & Schuster, and Harper Collins, and wants to share them with you.
The entry fee of $5.00 comes with a glass of wine and a free ARC, or advanced reader copy! All subsequent glasses of wine are bar price, and each glass is accompanied by another ARC.
Then on July 26, oenologist and MIT Journalism Fellow Kevin Begos will participate in a discussion and Q&A about the history, flavors, and origins of wine, as well as a book signing afterward. The event starts at 6:30pm
His book, Tasting the Past: The Science of Flavor & The Search for the Origins of Wine, follows Begos as he embarks on a ten-year journey to seek the origins of wine. He unearths a whole world of forgotten grapes, each with distinctive tastes and aromas, as well as the archaeologists, geneticists, chemists—even a paleobotanist—who are deciphering wine down to molecules of flavor.
Begos offers readers drinking suggestions that go far beyond the endless bottles of Chardonnay and Merlot found in most stores and restaurants. In this viticultural detective story, wine geeks and history lovers alike will discover new tastes and flavors to savor.
This is like a cool new book club, so if you like reading with a glass of wine, check these events out.
- SeaWorld Orlando Ditches VR Component of Kraken Coaster - September 25, 2018
- 2019 Monster Jam Tickets Go On Sale September 25, 2018 - September 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018