SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium has announced the arrival of four, baby blue spotted sting rays, and to celebrate, the attraction is hosting a special baby shower for Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies.
From now until Father’s Day (June 17, 2018), the Aquarium will be collecting items for Winnie Palmer Hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Guests who donate a gift from the NICU baby registry will receive 25-percent off of regular admission to the Aquarium. Items on the registry include:
- Linking Rings
- Infant books
- Lullaby CDs
- Ball rattles
- Baby blankets
- Light swaddling blankets
The new baby rays are actually two different species of blue spotted stingrays: Taeniura lymna and Neotrygon kuhlii. In comparison to other ray species, blue spotted stingrays are relatively small, only reaching the sizes of around 14 to 18-inches in total disc width at full adulthood. Admired for their vibrant and prominent blue spots, guests will be able to watch these little guys soar through the water inside the Pacific Ocean and the Coral Caves habitats at the Aquarium.
“The arrival of any new baby is an exciting time,” said Sheila Bystrak, chief operating officer for Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies. “We’re honored to partner with SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium to celebrate the arrival of their newest tiny babies while they also support all of ours. We couldn’t do what we do without the support of our community.”
SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium is home to Florida’s only 360-degree tunnel where sharks, turtles and fish swim overhead while guests and their families walk through. It is located at 8337 International Drive, at ICON Orlando 360.
For more information, please visit: visitsealife.com/orlando.
- Out and About: The LEGO Movie Days Make LEGOLAND Florida Even More Awesome! #BuiltForKids #LEGOMovieDays - July 19, 2019
- ICE! at Gaylord Palms to Feature ‘The Polar Express’ for 2019 #CAGP19 #VisitICE2019 - July 18, 2019
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Returns Aug 23 with Record Breaking 120+ Restaurants @VisitOrlando #MagicalDining - July 17, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Salutes First Responders with Half Off Admission Through July 31 #SeaWorldOrlando - July 16, 2019
- Apollo 11 Moon landing 50th Anniversary Events This Week in Central Florida #Apollo11 - July 15, 2019
- Dates Unveiled for the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays #WaltDisneyWorld - July 14, 2019
- Win a Family 4-Pack of Tickets to Disney’s Newsies at Osceola Arts! @Osceola_Arts #Giveaway - July 10, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Hosts THE LEGO MOVIE DAYS Weekends in July and August 2019 #BuiltForKids - July 9, 2019
- Osceola Arts Presents Disney’s ‘Newsies’ Starting July 12 @Osceola_Arts - July 8, 2019
- July 4th Fireworks To Live Stream From Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Tonight - July 4, 2019