SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium has announced the arrival of four, baby blue spotted sting rays, and to celebrate, the attraction is hosting a special baby shower for Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies.
From now until Father’s Day (June 17, 2018), the Aquarium will be collecting items for Winnie Palmer Hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Guests who donate a gift from the NICU baby registry will receive 25-percent off of regular admission to the Aquarium. Items on the registry include:
- Linking Rings
- Infant books
- Lullaby CDs
- Ball rattles
- Baby blankets
- Light swaddling blankets
The new baby rays are actually two different species of blue spotted stingrays: Taeniura lymna and Neotrygon kuhlii. In comparison to other ray species, blue spotted stingrays are relatively small, only reaching the sizes of around 14 to 18-inches in total disc width at full adulthood. Admired for their vibrant and prominent blue spots, guests will be able to watch these little guys soar through the water inside the Pacific Ocean and the Coral Caves habitats at the Aquarium.
“The arrival of any new baby is an exciting time,” said Sheila Bystrak, chief operating officer for Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies. “We’re honored to partner with SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium to celebrate the arrival of their newest tiny babies while they also support all of ours. We couldn’t do what we do without the support of our community.”
SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium is home to Florida’s only 360-degree tunnel where sharks, turtles and fish swim overhead while guests and their families walk through. It is located at 8337 International Drive, at ICON Orlando 360.
For more information, please visit: visitsealife.com/orlando.
- First Look at ‘Harmonious’ Coming Epcot in 2020 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot - January 24, 2020
- ICON Park to Host Free Pro-Football Fan Nights Jan 24-25, 2020 .. @IconParkOrlando - January 23, 2020
- Space 220 Restaurant to Open Soon at Epcot - January 22, 2020
- Lucky’s Market to Close Nearly All Central Florida Stores by February 2020 .. @LuckysMarket - January 21, 2020
- Poo-Pourri Giant Poo Experience Tour to Make Orlando Stop January 24-26, 2020 .. @PooPourri - January 21, 2020
- 2020 AMP’d Series Showcases Local Talent at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr - January 20, 2020
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends In January and February 2020 .. #BuiltForKids @LegolandFlorida - January 19, 2020
- Disney’s ALADDIN Tour Members To Host ‘SONGS FROM A WHOLE NEW WORLD’ Benefit on Jan 27, 2020 .. @aladdin - January 18, 2020
- Christian Music Fest ‘Rock The Universe’ Returns to Universal Orlando Jan 24-25, 2020 .. #RocktheUniverse @UniversalOrlando - January 17, 2020
- Central Florida Fair to Add New Livestock and Event Pavilion .. @CentralFLFair - January 17, 2020