Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF produces a new adaptation of the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale The Little Mermaid by Brandon Roberts in the Goldman Theater select dates from June 14 – July 29, 2018.
Curiosity killed the catfish… A precocious young mermaid dreams of visiting the Landside. Against the advice of her friends, she makes a deal with an evil sea witch for the chance to earn the love of a human prince. Danger is imminent, but how can she ignore what’s in her heart?
“We are delighted to offer another fantastic fairy tale this summer at Orlando Shakes,” says Anne Hering, Education Director at Orlando Shakes. “Through puppetry and artful storytelling, this hilarious underwater adventure is sure to entertain children and parents alike.”
The Little Mermaid features Jillian Gizzi as Allura, James Putnam as Prince Dylan, Stephen Lima as Dame Selkie/Bubb/Lyman, and Mandi Lee as Grandmother/Goby/Ethel.
The Orlando Shakes artistic team includes Director Patrick Braillard, Set Designer Chris McKinney, Lighting Designer Alyx Jacobs, Costume Designer Mel Barger, Sound Designer Britt Sandusky, Puppet Designer and Fabricator Alison Reid, and Stage Manager Paige Gober.
Preview Dates – June 14-15, 2018 at 10:30am.
Opening Date – June 16, 2018 at 2pm and 4:30pm.
OPENING DAY CELEBRATION – at 1:00pm and 3:30pm.
- Join Orlando Shakes one hour before both opening day performances to take part in free crafts and activities. Free to all opening day ticket holders. No RSVP required.
ASL Interpreted – June 23, 2018 at 2pm and 4:30pm.
- A sign language interpreter shadows each actor, providing a rich theater experience for patrons who use sign language. This is also an excellent experience for hearing theater patrons as well, as they will be able to enjoy a new and different style of theater.
SHAKE OUT THE SILLIES
- Join members of the cast for interactive pre-show fun for the whole family. The fun starts 10-15 minutes prior to every performance.
- Stick around after performances of The Little Mermaid for a special autograph session with the stars of the show.
Tickets ($9 – $20) are available now by phone (407) 447-1700 ext. 1, online orlandoshakes.org, or in person at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 East Rollins Street).
[Photos by Megan Pridemore feature Jillian Gizzi and James Putnam.]
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020