Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF produces a new adaptation of the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale The Little Mermaid by Brandon Roberts in the Goldman Theater select dates from June 14 – July 29, 2018.
Curiosity killed the catfish… A precocious young mermaid dreams of visiting the Landside. Against the advice of her friends, she makes a deal with an evil sea witch for the chance to earn the love of a human prince. Danger is imminent, but how can she ignore what’s in her heart?
“We are delighted to offer another fantastic fairy tale this summer at Orlando Shakes,” says Anne Hering, Education Director at Orlando Shakes. “Through puppetry and artful storytelling, this hilarious underwater adventure is sure to entertain children and parents alike.”
The Little Mermaid features Jillian Gizzi as Allura, James Putnam as Prince Dylan, Stephen Lima as Dame Selkie/Bubb/Lyman, and Mandi Lee as Grandmother/Goby/Ethel.
The Orlando Shakes artistic team includes Director Patrick Braillard, Set Designer Chris McKinney, Lighting Designer Alyx Jacobs, Costume Designer Mel Barger, Sound Designer Britt Sandusky, Puppet Designer and Fabricator Alison Reid, and Stage Manager Paige Gober.
Preview Dates – June 14-15, 2018 at 10:30am.
Opening Date – June 16, 2018 at 2pm and 4:30pm.
OPENING DAY CELEBRATION – at 1:00pm and 3:30pm.
- Join Orlando Shakes one hour before both opening day performances to take part in free crafts and activities. Free to all opening day ticket holders. No RSVP required.
ASL Interpreted – June 23, 2018 at 2pm and 4:30pm.
- A sign language interpreter shadows each actor, providing a rich theater experience for patrons who use sign language. This is also an excellent experience for hearing theater patrons as well, as they will be able to enjoy a new and different style of theater.
SHAKE OUT THE SILLIES
- Join members of the cast for interactive pre-show fun for the whole family. The fun starts 10-15 minutes prior to every performance.
- Stick around after performances of The Little Mermaid for a special autograph session with the stars of the show.
Tickets ($9 – $20) are available now by phone (407) 447-1700 ext. 1, online orlandoshakes.org, or in person at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 East Rollins Street).
[Photos by Megan Pridemore feature Jillian Gizzi and James Putnam.]
- Pirates Dinner Adventure To Reopen July 4 After Hurricane Irma Damage - June 19, 2018
- Chef Gary Appelsies Launches Free Central Florida YMCA Summer Food Tour - June 18, 2018
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Debuts New ‘Jurassic World’ Kids’ Suites - June 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup June 16, 2018: Cask & Larder, Pizza Bruno, Pharmacy, Paddlefish, and More - June 16, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts Ron Pope June 29, 2018 - June 15, 2018
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. Removes All Single-Use Plastic Shopping Bags and Plastic Straws from its 12 Theme Parks - June 14, 2018
- Nicki Minaj And Future bring their ‘NickiHndrxx’ Tour to Amway Center Oct 20, 2018 - June 13, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Celebrates Superhero Week June 14-17, 2018 - June 12, 2018
- Coke Zero Sugar 400 Weekend Roars Into Daytona International Speedway July 5-7, 2018 @DISupdates - June 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2018 *UPDATED* - June 10, 2018