Orlando Shakespeare Theater has announced it has changed and shortened its name to “Orlando Shakes,” as a way to better represent the theater’s mission and diverse body of work.
As the theater company, in partnership with UCF, has evolved over the last 30 years, the Board of Directors felt that a fresh brand direction was needed to encompass the breadth of the company’s productions.
The theater’s administrative team worked with national firms Arts Consulting Group and Locomotion Creative to complete a year-long process of focus groups and brand research to develop a new look to represent the future of Orlando Shakes.
“We want the community to know that we do so much more than just Shakespeare,” says Artistic Director Jim Helsinger. “While we are still proud of our roots and will continue to produce Shakespeare’s works, we have so much more to offer. From musicals, to new plays, to children’s theater and performing arts education, Orlando Shakes has a diverse array of offerings to suit any audience year round.”
Throughout the 2018-2019 Season, patrons can expect to see the theater incorporating the new name and logo (seen above) on promotional materials and throughout the building.
“With the new brand roll out, we’re excited to start a new conversation about our theater within our community and reach new audiences with our work,” says Christian Knightly, Director of Marketing at Orlando Shakes.
And let’s be honest…most Orlando arts fans have referred to the theater group as Orlando Shakes for years, anyways, so it’s not that huge of a shift.
Funding for Orlando Shakes’ rebranding project made possible by Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation.
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Final Halloween Horror Nights 28 House: ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After #HHN28 - September 11, 2018
- ‘The Horrors of Blumhouse’ will Return to Halloween Horror Nights 28 at Universal Orlando #HHN28 - September 7, 2018