Orlando Shakespeare Theater has announced it has changed and shortened its name to “Orlando Shakes,” as a way to better represent the theater’s mission and diverse body of work.
As the theater company, in partnership with UCF, has evolved over the last 30 years, the Board of Directors felt that a fresh brand direction was needed to encompass the breadth of the company’s productions.
The theater’s administrative team worked with national firms Arts Consulting Group and Locomotion Creative to complete a year-long process of focus groups and brand research to develop a new look to represent the future of Orlando Shakes.
“We want the community to know that we do so much more than just Shakespeare,” says Artistic Director Jim Helsinger. “While we are still proud of our roots and will continue to produce Shakespeare’s works, we have so much more to offer. From musicals, to new plays, to children’s theater and performing arts education, Orlando Shakes has a diverse array of offerings to suit any audience year round.”
Throughout the 2018-2019 Season, patrons can expect to see the theater incorporating the new name and logo (seen above) on promotional materials and throughout the building.
“With the new brand roll out, we’re excited to start a new conversation about our theater within our community and reach new audiences with our work,” says Christian Knightly, Director of Marketing at Orlando Shakes.
And let’s be honest…most Orlando arts fans have referred to the theater group as Orlando Shakes for years, anyways, so it’s not that huge of a shift.
Funding for Orlando Shakes’ rebranding project made possible by Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation.
- 2019 Marketplace Menus for SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival - February 22, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating National Margarita Day - February 21, 2019
- Florida Strawberry Festival Brings The Yum To Plant City Feb 28-Mar 10, 2019 #BerryFest19 - February 20, 2019
- MegaCon Orlando Brings Star-Studded Fandom Fun May 16-19, 2019 #MegaConOrlando19 - February 19, 2019
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019