Orlando Shakespeare Theater has announced it has changed and shortened its name to “Orlando Shakes,” as a way to better represent the theater’s mission and diverse body of work.
As the theater company, in partnership with UCF, has evolved over the last 30 years, the Board of Directors felt that a fresh brand direction was needed to encompass the breadth of the company’s productions.
The theater’s administrative team worked with national firms Arts Consulting Group and Locomotion Creative to complete a year-long process of focus groups and brand research to develop a new look to represent the future of Orlando Shakes.
“We want the community to know that we do so much more than just Shakespeare,” says Artistic Director Jim Helsinger. “While we are still proud of our roots and will continue to produce Shakespeare’s works, we have so much more to offer. From musicals, to new plays, to children’s theater and performing arts education, Orlando Shakes has a diverse array of offerings to suit any audience year round.”
Throughout the 2018-2019 Season, patrons can expect to see the theater incorporating the new name and logo (seen above) on promotional materials and throughout the building.
“With the new brand roll out, we’re excited to start a new conversation about our theater within our community and reach new audiences with our work,” says Christian Knightly, Director of Marketing at Orlando Shakes.
And let’s be honest…most Orlando arts fans have referred to the theater group as Orlando Shakes for years, anyways, so it’s not that huge of a shift.
Funding for Orlando Shakes’ rebranding project made possible by Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation.
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020
- Disney Springs Reopens May 20 – What You Need to Know .. #DisneySprings #Reopening #WaltDisneyWorld - May 18, 2020
- Orlando Restaurants Opening for Limited Dine-In Service This Weekend .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies #DineIn - May 16, 2020
- ICON Park’s Madame Tussauds and SEA LIFE Aquarium to Reopen Today .. #ICONPark #MadameTussaudsOrlando #SeaLifeOrlando - May 15, 2020
- Universal Orlando Reopening CityWalk May 14 for Limited Operations .. #UniversalOrlando #UniversalCityWalk #ThemeParks - May 14, 2020