Orlando Shakespeare Theater has announced it has changed and shortened its name to “Orlando Shakes,” as a way to better represent the theater’s mission and diverse body of work.
As the theater company, in partnership with UCF, has evolved over the last 30 years, the Board of Directors felt that a fresh brand direction was needed to encompass the breadth of the company’s productions.
The theater’s administrative team worked with national firms Arts Consulting Group and Locomotion Creative to complete a year-long process of focus groups and brand research to develop a new look to represent the future of Orlando Shakes.
“We want the community to know that we do so much more than just Shakespeare,” says Artistic Director Jim Helsinger. “While we are still proud of our roots and will continue to produce Shakespeare’s works, we have so much more to offer. From musicals, to new plays, to children’s theater and performing arts education, Orlando Shakes has a diverse array of offerings to suit any audience year round.”
Throughout the 2018-2019 Season, patrons can expect to see the theater incorporating the new name and logo (seen above) on promotional materials and throughout the building.
“With the new brand roll out, we’re excited to start a new conversation about our theater within our community and reach new audiences with our work,” says Christian Knightly, Director of Marketing at Orlando Shakes.
And let’s be honest…most Orlando arts fans have referred to the theater group as Orlando Shakes for years, anyways, so it’s not that huge of a shift.
Funding for Orlando Shakes’ rebranding project made possible by Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation.
- The Central Florida International Auto Show Rolls Into Orlando Thanksgiving Weekend + Ticket #Giveaway - November 14, 2018
- Backstreet Boys Return to Orlando with Amway Center Show Aug 24, 2019 @backstreetboys @amwaycenter - November 13, 2018
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces #HAMILTON Single Ticket On Sale Date For Orlando Shows @drphillipsctr - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Science Center to Host Thanksgiving Break Camps for Kids Nov 19-21, 2018 - November 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up – November 10: Urbain 40, Ford’s Garage, Taverna Opa, and More - November 10, 2018
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Welcomes Conductor Laura Jackson for Tchaikovsky & Mozart - November 8, 2018
- Get Your DIY On at Maker Faire Orlando November 10-11 #OrlandoMakers - November 6, 2018
- KIDZ BOP Weekend Returns to LEGOLAND Florida Nov 10-12, 2018 #BuiltForKids - November 3, 2018
- Festival Of Trees Returns to Orlando Museum Of Art Nov 10-18, 2018 @omaorlando - November 2, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events for November 2018 - November 1, 2018