The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra has announced that it has raised more than $630,000 during its recent 25th Anniversary Season Gala Celebration, which will be invested in the programming of the organization, helping it to continue to enrich the community and inspire audiences through the power of live music.
“We are incredibly grateful for the generosity of our sponsors, donors, patrons, and all who have helped the Philharmonic reach this exciting anniversary milestone,” said Christopher Barton, executive director of the Philharmonic, in a press release.
The organization also announced that Mary and Frank J. Doherty have committed $250,000 to the Orlando Philharmonic Endowment to name the Principal Clarinet Chair.
The Doherty’s join other Philharmonic donors who have named principal chairs, including:
- Concertmaster – The Lynn and Charles Steinmetz Chair
- Associate Concertmaster – The Jeanne and John Blackburn Chair
- Principal Bassoon – The Theodore R. Hassen Chair
- Principal Trumpet – The Stephen Goldman Chair
- Principal Timpani – The Kenneth and Ann Hicks Murrah Chair
“These endowment gifts provide invaluable sustaining support that allows the Philharmonic to continue to grow,” said Barton. “The Doherty’s are the newest members of this group of visionary donors who inspire others to join them in helping our organization build on our legacy of artistic excellence and expand our service throughout Central Florida.”
Celebrating its 25th Anniversary Season, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra is led by Music Director Eric Jacobsen and comprised of accomplished musicians from around the world. The Philharmonic annually presents the FAIRWINDS Classics and Pops Series at Bob Carr Theater and its Sounds of Summer, Focus and Women in Song Series at The Plaza Live.
The 25th Anniversary Season Celebration also included a sold-out concert with the world’s most celebrated cellist Yo-Yo Ma, violinist Colin Jacobsen, and the Orlando Philharmonic, conducted by Music Director Eric Jacobsen.
FAIRWINDS Credit Union, the largest locally-owned and operated financial institution in Central Florida, has supported the Philharmonic’s Classics Series at Bob Carr Theater for several years and announced a three-year commitment to continue that series sponsorship through the inaugural season in Steinmetz Hall in 2020.
Gala sponsors include: Lowndes Drosdick Doster Kantor and Reed, P.A.; Orlando Health; Whit Cotten; Certified Financial Group; Walt Disney World Resort; Dr. Phillips Charities;FAIRWINDS Credit Union; Friends of the Orlando Philharmonic; Ginsburg Family Foundation, Inc.; PNC Bank; University of Central Florida; 32789 Philharmonic Fans; David and Judy Albertson; Benz, Burry, Conklin, DeWahl, Gruber, Heller, and Patterson; Susan Bright and Larry Stevenson; Cardwells, Fields, Kirks, Parker, Rancks, and Sharpe; Celebration Philharmonic Fans; Crystal Photonics, Inc.; Paul and Val Collins; J. Laurence and Susan Costin; Judson and Joyce Green; Halye, Hoffman, Knipe, Taylor, and Turner; Martha O. Haynie and Pege Vogt; The Katzen and Zissman Families; RK and Faron Kelly; Krista and Jonathan Ledden; Oppedisano Family Charity; Dr. Mary Palmer; and Frank Santos and Dan Dantin.
Known for its artistic excellence and community collaboration, the Philharmonic presents more than 150 live concerts and impacts more than 70,000 children, youth and families annually through its Young People’s Concerts, Symphony Storytime Series, Notes in Your Neighborhood program, and free outdoor community concerts. A resident company of the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, the Philharmonic will perform in Steinmetz Hall when it opens in 2020.
Learn more at OrlandoPhil.org.
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018