This weekend at Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Walt Disney World revealed the name of the village setting of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which is set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios next year.
During the Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge panels, story editor, Margaret Kerrison, shared for the first time that the name of the village is called Black Spire Outpost. She also shared some of the history behind the name and how this village is closely associated with the geological formations that surround it.
The largest settlement on the planet Batuu, Black Spire Outpost is an infamous stop for traders, adventurers, and smugglers traveling around the Outer Rim and Wild Space. Because it is off the beaten path, this outpost has become a haven for the galaxy’s most colorful — and notorious — characters.
Widely known for the petrified remains of its once towering ancient trees, the spires now stand guard across the river valleys and plains. To the first settlers, these petrified spires became more than just landmarks; they became the heart of the outpost itself.
As a long-time Star Wars fan, I love the details going into the backstory of this new themed area of the park. What do you think?
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is scheduled to open at Walt Disney World Fall 2019.
[artist renderings courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Christmas Week 2018 In Orlando - December 17, 2018
- 2018 Universal Orlando Holidays Food and Drink Guide #UniversalOrlando - December 16, 2018
- 2018 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays Food and Drink Guide - December 15, 2018
- Rosen Plaza Hosts its Annual Iced Out Free Event Dec 15, 2018 - December 13, 2018
- It Will Be an Irving Berlin’s White Christmas at Dr. Phillips Center Dec 18-23, 2018 . . . . #OrlandoBroadwaySeries @DrPhillipsCtr @IBWCOnTour - December 12, 2018
- Orange County Launches Crowdsourced 2018 Holiday Lights Map - December 7, 2018
- Out and About: LEGOLAND Florida’s Christmas Bricktacular Brings LEGO Fun to the Holidays @LEGOLANDFlorida - December 6, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up for Dec 5, 2018: Wondermade, PokéStop, Orange County Brewers, and More - December 5, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events for December 2018 **UPDATED** #OrlandoFoodies - December 4, 2018
- Gaylord Palms Hosts Sounds of the Season Concert Series for 2018 Holidays #CAGP18 - December 3, 2018