This weekend at Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Walt Disney World revealed the name of the village setting of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which is set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios next year.
During the Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge panels, story editor, Margaret Kerrison, shared for the first time that the name of the village is called Black Spire Outpost. She also shared some of the history behind the name and how this village is closely associated with the geological formations that surround it.
The largest settlement on the planet Batuu, Black Spire Outpost is an infamous stop for traders, adventurers, and smugglers traveling around the Outer Rim and Wild Space. Because it is off the beaten path, this outpost has become a haven for the galaxy’s most colorful — and notorious — characters.
Widely known for the petrified remains of its once towering ancient trees, the spires now stand guard across the river valleys and plains. To the first settlers, these petrified spires became more than just landmarks; they became the heart of the outpost itself.
As a long-time Star Wars fan, I love the details going into the backstory of this new themed area of the park. What do you think?
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is scheduled to open at Walt Disney World Fall 2019.
[artist renderings courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- Dr Phillips Center Hosts Auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar National Tour on Saturday, April 20 @drphillipsctr #JesusChristSuperstar - April 18, 2019
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2019 Picks For Easter Dining And Family Fun In Orlando - April 16, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 10-11, 2019 #MonsterJam - April 15, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019
- Orlando Shakes and Michael Andrew Bring to Life the World Premiere of Jack and the Beanstalk April 4 – May 4, 2019 @OrlandoShakes - March 25, 2019