This weekend at Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Walt Disney World revealed the name of the village setting of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which is set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios next year.
During the Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge panels, story editor, Margaret Kerrison, shared for the first time that the name of the village is called Black Spire Outpost. She also shared some of the history behind the name and how this village is closely associated with the geological formations that surround it.
The largest settlement on the planet Batuu, Black Spire Outpost is an infamous stop for traders, adventurers, and smugglers traveling around the Outer Rim and Wild Space. Because it is off the beaten path, this outpost has become a haven for the galaxy’s most colorful — and notorious — characters.
Widely known for the petrified remains of its once towering ancient trees, the spires now stand guard across the river valleys and plains. To the first settlers, these petrified spires became more than just landmarks; they became the heart of the outpost itself.
As a long-time Star Wars fan, I love the details going into the backstory of this new themed area of the park. What do you think?
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is scheduled to open at Walt Disney World Fall 2019.
[artist renderings courtesy of Walt Disney World]
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019
- Weekend of the Arts Festival Returns to Winter Park Feb 15-18, 2019 #WPInspires - February 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2019 in Orlando and Central Florida - February 9, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival Celebrates International Street Food Feb 9 – May 5, 2019 - February 8, 2019